Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Dr Dennis Gross Root Resilience Nourishing Scalp Conditioner (177 ml / 6 floz) Thalgo Prodige des Océans Gift Set (coffret) Shira Shir-Radiance Corrective Rx Wrinkle & Pore Minimizer (30 ml)
My solution for oily skin.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
cortigirl
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 212
Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Obviously, there are things that work magic on people which may not work for others.

But here is my solution to MY oily skin. And I swear by it.

2 very very very important things you need is Bio-septic ear cleaner (usually get it from shoppers drug mart underneath the earrings). It's in a white bottle. Why? Because it's ph balancing and gets rid of any bacteria- you will be using this as your toner. It's cheap and better then any expensive toners i've ever used.

And second is from a health store pure jojoba oil. Why? Because this is going to be your face cream. You CAN mix it which anti aging cream if you really want to- but i find it is great alone. Using this tricks your skin into thinking it has enough oil. So even though this oil SEEMS oily, it'll prevent your skin from actually getting oily during the day...

The bio septic you use twice a day as toner. Don't bother washing your face in the morning. You can just put some of this on following with jojoba oil.

At night...wash face- i exfoliate a few times a week with something very gentle... such as the dermalogica micro-exfoliant. Then jojoba oil (mixed in with night cream if you must).

I have NEVER used a single blotting pad since I started this routine. Going on 7 months now! I used to use about 6 blotting pads a day! Smile

_________________
Vancouver, BC Canada. Oil cleansing method all the way!
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 513
Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Do you know the ingredients for the bio-septic ear cleaner? I cant seem to find it online,
hmmm I use oils on my face but my face is still oily. Wondering if it's the bio septic that's working for you?

_________________
23yr old Asian with combination skin prone to clogged pores. hyperpigmentation from pimples. uneven skintone, scars
HippoMe
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Jun 2010
Posts: 117
Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I always seemed to have a shiny, oily face and was forever blotting at it with a tissue, but since using the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) that I found on this site, my oily days are a thing of the past.
cortigirl
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 212
Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
What exactly is the oil cleansing method?

The ingredients of bio-septic is

Deionized water, sd alcohol 1-b, camomile extract, hamamalis extract, benzalkonium chloride.

_________________
Vancouver, BC Canada. Oil cleansing method all the way!
HippoMe
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Jun 2010
Posts: 117
Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:36 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon on Sat Feb 13, 2010 said: "There is a really long thread that started back in 2005 all about OCM and has a lot of information plus different peoples experiences and what mixes worked for them. It's a good deal of reading but worth checking out!"

I can't seem to post links yet as I am new to posting on this forum, but if you type in 'OCM' or 'Oil Cleansing Method' into the search box you will get lots of info including the 'recipe'.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Posts: 1120
Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
cortigirl wrote:
What exactly is the oil cleansing method?

The ingredients of bio-septic is

Deionized water, sd alcohol 1-b, camomile extract, hamamalis extract, benzalkonium chloride.


I believe the oil(s) can help balance out the natural oils in your face.

The Bio-septic has the second ingredient as alcohol. I think this could be too harsh for many. I am oily but this would be stripping for me. Also if you wear makeup and or sunscreen (I do daily) I don't think this bio-septic cleanser on its own would remove everything.

_________________
Canadian with fair skin. 50+ years old sensitive and reactive.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
HippoMe wrote:
DarkMoon on Sat Feb 13, 2010 said: "There is a really long thread that started back in 2005 all about OCM and has a lot of information plus different peoples experiences and what mixes worked for them. It's a good deal of reading but worth checking out!"

I can't seem to post links yet as I am new to posting on this forum, but if you type in 'OCM' or 'Oil Cleansing Method' into the search box you will get lots of info including the 'recipe'.


Here is the link to the long OCM thread HippoMe Smile
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=7077

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 is right about it balancing your natural oil production, two quick things oil cleanses oil and stripping the skin of oil tends to cause overproduction of oil to make up for the loss of natural sebum. This creates a cycle of oily skin, stripping, you get the picture. Smile

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
cortigirl
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 212
Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Well it's really cheap, i'd give it a try! My skin is extremely sensitive to products, and hates things that even a "little" strip my skin. But this actually doesn't strip my skin at all. This is the first and only toner i've used where i can say i dont even need to add a moisturizer. My birth moms friend is a dermatologist and she recommended this to her, so I knew i had to give it a try! Honest to god, it's incredible, and removes the makeup also better then any toner i've had!




Autumn1995 wrote:
cortigirl wrote:
What exactly is the oil cleansing method?

The ingredients of bio-septic is

Deionized water, sd alcohol 1-b, camomile extract, hamamalis extract, benzalkonium chloride.


I believe the oil(s) can help balance out the natural oils in your face.

The Bio-septic has the second ingredient as alcohol. I think this could be too harsh for many. I am oily but this would be stripping for me. Also if you wear makeup and or sunscreen (I do daily) I don't think this bio-septic cleanser on its own would remove everything.

_________________
Vancouver, BC Canada. Oil cleansing method all the way!
cortigirl
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 212
Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
ps. It's actually a ph balancer, so that makes sense why it doesnt strip oils from your skin.

_________________
Vancouver, BC Canada. Oil cleansing method all the way!
cortigirl
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 212
Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, i agree that using bio-septic at night by itself isnt good- i always use a cleanser Smile

_________________
Vancouver, BC Canada. Oil cleansing method all the way!
roystonparera
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jun 2010
Posts: 4
Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Oily skin is shiny, thick and dull coloured.Oily skin needs special cleansing with plenty of hot water and soap to prevent the pores from being clogged. Oily skin care is a little more strenuous than care for normal skin. One other simple thing that is often done in Indian homes is washing the face with buttermilk before exposure to the sun.

_________________
http://www.mcgillteak.com
evescafe
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 May 2010
Posts: 36
Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:14 am      Reply with quote
For oily skin use a mask containing fullers’ earth, sandalwood and rose water alternate evenings for 10 to 15 minutes.

_________________
<a href="http://www.talentflow.com/">Applicant Tracking Software</a>
cortigirl
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 212
Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Sorry but i disagree with your statement. Any type of oily skin that i've encountered is beautiful. Definitely FAR from being dull coloured or thick. And hot water? Maybe steam or a hot towel to open up your poors sure! It's definitely not a strenuous regimen... it's the same like everyone else. Combo, dry, sensitive..it's all in the same boat. Just my two cents.


roystonparera wrote:
Oily skin is shiny, thick and dull coloured.Oily skin needs special cleansing with plenty of hot water and soap to prevent the pores from being clogged. Oily skin care is a little more strenuous than care for normal skin. One other simple thing that is often done in Indian homes is washing the face with buttermilk before exposure to the sun.

_________________
Vancouver, BC Canada. Oil cleansing method all the way!
cortigirl
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 212
Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Whoops- lol pores!!

cortigirl wrote:
Sorry but i disagree with your statement. Any type of oily skin that i've encountered is beautiful. Definitely FAR from being dull coloured or thick. And hot water? Maybe steam or a hot towel to open up your poors sure! It's definitely not a strenuous regimen... it's the same like everyone else. Combo, dry, sensitive..it's all in the same boat. Just my two cents.


roystonparera wrote:
Oily skin is shiny, thick and dull coloured.Oily skin needs special cleansing with plenty of hot water and soap to prevent the pores from being clogged. Oily skin care is a little more strenuous than care for normal skin. One other simple thing that is often done in Indian homes is washing the face with buttermilk before exposure to the sun.

_________________
Vancouver, BC Canada. Oil cleansing method all the way!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Skeyndor Essential Wheat Germ Oil Nourishing Cream (50 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Hello Kitty Rose Repair Gel Mask (150 ml)