Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My solution for oily skin.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Obviously, there are things that work magic on people which may not work for others.

But here is my solution to MY oily skin. And I swear by it.

2 very very very important things you need is Bio-septic ear cleaner (usually get it from shoppers drug mart underneath the earrings). It's in a white bottle. Why? Because it's ph balancing and gets rid of any bacteria- you will be using this as your toner. It's cheap and better then any expensive toners i've ever used.

And second is from a health store pure jojoba oil. Why? Because this is going to be your face cream. You CAN mix it which anti aging cream if you really want to- but i find it is great alone. Using this tricks your skin into thinking it has enough oil. So even though this oil SEEMS oily, it'll prevent your skin from actually getting oily during the day...

The bio septic you use twice a day as toner. Don't bother washing your face in the morning. You can just put some of this on following with jojoba oil.

At night...wash face- i exfoliate a few times a week with something very gentle... such as the dermalogica micro-exfoliant. Then jojoba oil (mixed in with night cream if you must).

I have NEVER used a single blotting pad since I started this routine. Going on 7 months now! I used to use about 6 blotting pads a day! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Do you know the ingredients for the bio-septic ear cleaner? I cant seem to find it online,
hmmm I use oils on my face but my face is still oily. Wondering if it's the bio septic that's working for you?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I always seemed to have a shiny, oily face and was forever blotting at it with a tissue, but since using the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) that I found on this site, my oily days are a thing of the past.
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
What exactly is the oil cleansing method?

The ingredients of bio-septic is

Deionized water, sd alcohol 1-b, camomile extract, hamamalis extract, benzalkonium chloride.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:36 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon on Sat Feb 13, 2010 said: "There is a really long thread that started back in 2005 all about OCM and has a lot of information plus different peoples experiences and what mixes worked for them. It's a good deal of reading but worth checking out!"

I can't seem to post links yet as I am new to posting on this forum, but if you type in 'OCM' or 'Oil Cleansing Method' into the search box you will get lots of info including the 'recipe'.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
cortigirl wrote:

Deionized water, sd alcohol 1-b, camomile extract, hamamalis extract, benzalkonium chloride.

I believe the oil(s) can help balance out the natural oils in your face.

The Bio-septic has the second ingredient as alcohol. I think this could be too harsh for many. I am oily but this would be stripping for me. Also if you wear makeup and or sunscreen (I do daily) I don't think this bio-septic cleanser on its own would remove everything.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
HippoMe wrote:
DarkMoon on Sat Feb 13, 2010 said: "There is a really long thread that started back in 2005 all about OCM and has a lot of information plus different peoples experiences and what mixes worked for them. It's a good deal of reading but worth checking out!"

I can't seem to post links yet as I am new to posting on this forum, but if you type in 'OCM' or 'Oil Cleansing Method' into the search box you will get lots of info including the 'recipe'.

Here is the link to the long OCM thread HippoMe Smile
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=7077

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 is right about it balancing your natural oil production, two quick things oil cleanses oil and stripping the skin of oil tends to cause overproduction of oil to make up for the loss of natural sebum. This creates a cycle of oily skin, stripping, you get the picture. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Well it's really cheap, i'd give it a try! My skin is extremely sensitive to products, and hates things that even a "little" strip my skin. But this actually doesn't strip my skin at all. This is the first and only toner i've used where i can say i dont even need to add a moisturizer. My birth moms friend is a dermatologist and she recommended this to her, so I knew i had to give it a try! Honest to god, it's incredible, and removes the makeup also better then any toner i've had!

Autumn1995 wrote:
cortigirl wrote:

I believe the oil(s) can help balance out the natural oils in your face.

The Bio-septic has the second ingredient as alcohol. I think this could be too harsh for many. I am oily but this would be stripping for me. Also if you wear makeup and or sunscreen (I do daily) I don't think this bio-septic cleanser on its own would remove everything.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
ps. It's actually a ph balancer, so that makes sense why it doesnt strip oils from your skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, i agree that using bio-septic at night by itself isnt good- i always use a cleanser Smile

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Oily skin is shiny, thick and dull coloured.Oily skin needs special cleansing with plenty of hot water and soap to prevent the pores from being clogged. Oily skin care is a little more strenuous than care for normal skin. One other simple thing that is often done in Indian homes is washing the face with buttermilk before exposure to the sun.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:14 am      Reply with quote
For oily skin use a mask containing fullers’ earth, sandalwood and rose water alternate evenings for 10 to 15 minutes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Sorry but i disagree with your statement. Any type of oily skin that i've encountered is beautiful. Definitely FAR from being dull coloured or thick. And hot water? Maybe steam or a hot towel to open up your poors sure! It's definitely not a strenuous regimen... it's the same like everyone else. Combo, dry, sensitive..it's all in the same boat. Just my two cents.

roystonparera wrote:
Oily skin is shiny, thick and dull coloured.Oily skin needs special cleansing with plenty of hot water and soap to prevent the pores from being clogged. Oily skin care is a little more strenuous than care for normal skin. One other simple thing that is often done in Indian homes is washing the face with buttermilk before exposure to the sun.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Whoops- lol pores!!

cortigirl wrote:
Sorry but i disagree with your statement. Any type of oily skin that i've encountered is beautiful. Definitely FAR from being dull coloured or thick. And hot water? Maybe steam or a hot towel to open up your poors sure! It's definitely not a strenuous regimen... it's the same like everyone else. Combo, dry, sensitive..it's all in the same boat. Just my two cents.

roystonparera wrote:

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |