Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Imedeen Prime Renewal Supplements for the skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Do any forum members have any reviews or comments for the newest of the IMEDEEN skin care supplements, PRIME RENEWAL? This is for women over 50 or post menopause. Along with targeting skin improvement in appearance, texture & reduction of pigmentation, they help with firming skin. Lack of firmness typically resulting after menopause & loss/reduction in oestrogen.They can safely be taken alongside HRT.

Anyone keen to read more about this product may care to visit:

http://www.imedeen.co.uk/youcandomore/IPR.aspx

At this site there is also an online questionnaire to help you select which product is correct for you, should you not be in the category mentioned above. There are other products for 30+ & 40+.

An added benefit of taking a supplement such as this, is that it does not just target skin on the face but of course the entire body.

I have just ordered 3 months supply of these tablets (2 tablets twice a day) & am keen to hear other EDS members thoughts. I will keep you posted on my findings/results.

Thanks, Cooking Katy. Very Happy

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck, Katy. I have never tried that supplement, but I am curious if it will give you results. Please post back after you have used it a while!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Katy please post your results as I am also curious about this product. I've been very tempted to purchase it, but the price has so far deterred me. I think it takes about three months to see results. I hope you get some very impressive results.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I recall looking at this some time ago and thinking that the ingredients were virtually identical to the hair vitamin Viviscal.

Viviscal did have some clinical studies behind it showing impact on skin (as well as on hair, obviously). I think the Marine Protein was the results driver there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Imedeen (Time Perfection )for a few years now. I really love it. (they are pricey, but you can get them at a good price on ebay). Very Happy
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Hello lipglossdoll.....can you please tell us about the results you have received with Imedeen?? What, exactly did it do for you? Thank you!!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I took Imedeen for ages, and never saw any difference, but did get my skin analysed at boots where they do a derma scan thingy and it showed that for my late 50's skin, I was better than average which I was pleased about.

Apparently they say on the website that there are studies showing its effectiveness, which I believe, but I personally didn't see anything to write home about. Its quite a costly supplement as well.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I used it for a few years, quit for about 1 year, and restarted again approx. 1 year ago.

I find it gives my skin a nice glow, also use it as a preventative measure as well. Very Happy
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to all of you who have replied so far I am particularly delighted to hear Lipglossgirl has had good results with the Time Perfect, the supplement suggested for 40+. Since it is an expensive supplement, it must indeed have had some effect for her to purchase more and go back to using it.

Part of me does wonder if an adequate diet is surely not enough, especially since I make fresh juices, green smoothies, eat oily fish daily & when in season, tomatoes daily - so, I ask myself have I just wasted some money Brick wall

Well I have 3 months to wait until anything is seen apparently, although some people do report a glow starting to show after 2-3 weeks.

Perhaps it is one of those products that in 10 years time, when I will be 62 Shock ,I will be glad that I have been using it Laughing

I have found a UK site which is selling buy 2 get a 3rd free, here is the link, you need to scroll down the page to get to the offers, all of the Imedeen range is on offer:

http://www.nutrisun.co.uk/bsearch.asp?action=search&brandq=imedeen&whichoption=#

I'll keep you posted Wink

Here is what it says on the website about the 50+ supplement.

IMEDEEN Prime Renewal™
Skin firming formula for skin care needs post-menopause

IMEDEEN Prime Renewal is an innovative formulation of the revitalising Marine Complex™, exclusive to IMEDEEN. Enhanced with soy extract and zinc combined with the advanced protection complex ViTea™ - a blend of white tea, lycopene and grapeseed extract. This formulation has been shown to preserve and revitalize the collagen and elastin content of skin, improve suppleness and skin density, as well as provide skin cells with a quality defence system against free radical damage. Soothing, calming chamomile has been added to the evening tablet.

Directions for use
Take two tablets twice daily - morning and evening. Within 12-24 weeks the results are improved skin firmness, reduced appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and hyper pigmentation on face, hands and décolletage.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Hello Cooking Katy.....I'm 56 yrs. old so I'm really a prime candidate for using Imedeen Prime Renewal. However, as you can guess the price is preventing me from purchasing unless there are some really great results from using this product. Although it's great that lipglossdoll gets results that she's happy with, I don't know if a 'glow' justifies the price for me. I think I would want more results than just that. I feel that I get a nice glow from my Omega 3 and it's a lot cheaper. I would want more results before purchasing. So, I'm looking forward to hearing about your results. Getting one box free is a good deal. Please don't forget to keep us updated on your progress. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add that I meant no criticism toward you, lipglossdoll and the results you are achieving. Didn't mean to come across as snarky. The most important thing is that you are happy with this product.
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Well...the boxes of Imedeen Prime Renewal arrived this morning - large boxes!

Inside each is one month's supply. Each day's supply is in a 2 sectioned foil pod sachet, the 2 morning tablets have a sun on their pod cover & the evening 2 tablets have a moon. So very clearly marked & easy to slip in a travel bag, as you just grab a sachet for each day you are away from home.

There is also a token, save 6 such tokens & along with the bar code from each box, this can be exchanged for a free box of your chosen Imedeen supplement (must make mental note not to throw away the box & bar code!). Nice to have a little thank you for buying the product, & since if bought at Boots, this is equivalent to £50 odd pounds.

I have swallowed my first 2 tablets, what a pity we have to wait so long for feedback on what is happening within me & hopefully will end up being evident without me!

Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:29 am      Reply with quote
It has been 2 months to the day so far of taking the tablets, 2 in the morning, 2 at night.

So far no change in my skin, one more month to go in order to complete the initial 3 month course before it would be fair to give a full report.

Had hoped to see some firming of the skin on my body by now, but do not see any difference. Skin on face went through strange upheaval 2 weeks ago Confused , but has now settled down.

Looking in positive manner, perhaps the new skin will be pushing to the surface in this last month, & I will appear, like a lizard shedding its old skin, with a new glow come 8th July!

Well, I one can always fantasize Laughing

Next report due 8th July.

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, Cooking Katy. Don't be too upset if it doesn't work. Sometimes, we just have to take the plunge and spend our money trying things in order to make our skin look better. On the positive side, the Imedeen people do say it takes three months to see changes. So, you may yet see positive results. Please keep us posted.
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:55 am      Reply with quote
Hello All,

it is now 3 months since I started the Imedeen Prime Renewal tablets & time for me to report back.

Well nothing staggering has happened, the skin on my body is looking firmer & smoother, but this may be down to having been abroad on holiday & having a good tan, also I have been using Nivea Q10 Plus religiously everyday after my shower, in order to be glowing for my bikini clad holiday & then to maintain my nice tan. I certainly see no change in the skin on my face. It specifically says that these tablets can help with pigmentation marks, there is no sign of this changing these marks on my face at all.

However, I have ordered another 3 months supply of the tablets, to give the whole thing 6 months of proper trial. If I am not seeing something wowy after that time I will give up on these expensive tablets.

As I said before, I cannot but think a good diet should supply all that is required for skin to be in the best possible condition. As a nutritionist I certainly know all the good things to consume for my skin, although fall down somewhat when it comes to a chilled white wine or two Laughing

I am disappointed not to be reporting definite & stunning results. The smoothness of my skin is encouraging but it is not clear if this is the tablets or not. At 52, nearly 53 Shock , & having gone through the menopause at 40 I thought is was worth trying these tablets. Again I will give updates along the way during the next 3 months then a final decider write-up.

Here are 2 pictures of my skin taken 2 weeks ago.

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:

Here are 2 pictures of my skin taken 2 weeks ago.

Katy, you look fantastic! You are in fantastic shape. Secrets??? Very Happy Sorry no results with the Imedeen.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Throw away the Imedeen - you don't need it! Your body is rockin'.

But seriously, I've thought about buying Imedeen in the past and the thing that has put me off (apart from the price) is that I've never really heard or read of any enthusiastic raves about it - anywhere.

Now I'm thinking about trying Resveratrol or CoEnzyme Q10 - any opinions about those?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:
As I said before, I cannot but think a good diet should supply all that is required for skin to be in the best possible condition. As a nutritionist I certainly know all the good things to consume for my skin, although fall down somewhat when it comes to a chilled white wine or two Laughing

Katy

Can I ask you what you think about Sean's comments on the FE forum. I mean he seems to advocate supplements, and has said something like the vitamin/mineral quantity is much less than it was so supplementation is a necessary, but I've often thought like you a diet should be all we need, but his comments sometimes make sense to me, and I'm really interested in your thoughts on this too as a nutritionalist. I mean he's said something before about soil and magnesium that kind of goes over my head, but that he believes most people need to take magnesium because its not in the soil or something as much as it used to be, and with farming stuff etc going on its one of the things that will help the body, but I don't know if this is correct. Whats your thoughts on this?

Theresa
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
THERESAMARY,

Sean is correct. The intensive methods used now for food production, whether animal or vegetable, do deplete the vitamin & mineral content.

With regard to the magnesium, it depends on your diet, if you are not eating a varied & healthy diet of foods known to be high in this mineral, then yes, you may very well may be short of it with today's fast food diet.

A good example of this sort of thing is that iodine deficiency was often seen in the past by people who lived well inland & away from the sea, they did not eat seafood, rich in iodine & in certain instances this could lead to thyroid problems. Now-a-days, global food transportation cuts these risks down.

Having said that, I do believe that the RDAs (recommended daily allowances) of SOME vitamins & minerals is way below what the body requires. It used to be thought that 30 gms of Vitamin C per day was the RDA - phewy! I don't believe this for one minute, this is the yield from one fresh orange.I have always taken lots of Vitamin C, I drink about 3-4 pints of water with a 1 gram effervescent tablet in each pint every day, have done for about 35 years, this is before other drinks, so I get lots of fluid too along with vitamin C. Two of my research projects involved both vitamin C & fibre in the diet, so I guess I was influenced young on this one.

People Need to think about how our forebears used to eat, lots of raw stuff, fruit, vegetables, cold pressed oils, the Mediterranean diet is an excellent example. Unadulterated & unaltered from the natural state as much as possible.

Further north in Europe, a great deal of dairy produce was eaten, yet the cholestral clogged arteries seen today was not really about then, mainly because high fibre foods were also eaten & lots of exercise taken, just to exist daily by providing fire wood, tending animals etc.

I try & grow a lot of our fruit & vegetables or buy from local farms. I keep my own hens so I know what they are eating, they have access to lots of grass & greenery which produces really yellow yolks rich in vitamin A without the need for food dye in their feed stuff to simulate this colour. I make most of our meals from scratch & rarely buy ready made food which is high in salt & sugar.

I preserve a great deal of food too, which sees us through the winter months, I make my own bread. I buy organic free range meat & poultry, having been vegetarian in the past for 20 years because back in the late 70's & 80's such things were virtually unavailable & intensive rearing was at its peak, I refused to eat & feed my growing children on that rubbish. Now before all this starts to sound like wonder woman, it is just how I grew up & how we live. I also live in the quiet of the country & am now relatively unstressed.

Take a lifestyle the opposite to this & someone would definitely be needing supplements in my opinion. It's all about balance & thinking about how you live, what you eat, then what you might be lacking.

I have juiced carrots, apples & so forth since I was 16. For breakfast nearly every day, I squeeze 3 oranges, pour the juice in my Vita-mix blender, add a banana & then 2 large spoonfuls of natural home-made yogurt (made from organically produced milk) this is so delicious & nutritious. Maybe I am going off your question here, but I am trying to say, eat healthily, take supplements only for those vitamins & minerals you have researched & read about & therefore feel you may be lacking.

Take care with things like iron, which you can take too much of, particularly after menopause, conversely very many people are low in iron, which is more easily absorbed if taken with a good source of vitamin C. You can overdose on Vitamin A, which is positively dangerous. Educate yourself on these sorts of facts, then decide.

RILEYGIRL,

I am a big fan of yoga, which I do everyday, even if I can only squeeze in 20 minutes or even only 10! but I have always been an exerciser.

KELIU,

not sure about the Q10 & Resveratrol, once started, you would need to take them for ever or all is lost, a bit like the Imedeen tablets! I should listen to my own advice Laughing

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:

RILEYGIRL,

I am a big fan of yoga, which I do everyday, even if I can only squeeze in 20 minutes or even only 10! but I have always been an exerciser.

What form of yoga do you do, and do you follow any DVD's or just do this on your own? I love yoga, as well, but need other things to get the excess weight off! I have had an epiphany (so to speak) and am revamping myself! Laughing
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Shucks I was hoping you were going to say he was wrong.

Cooking Katy wrote:
THERESAMARY,

Sean is correct. The intensive methods used now for food production, whether animal or vegetable, do deplete the vitamin & mineral content.
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl,

I'd always been a skinny, but just after my 50th birthday I started putting in weight (I had also stopped exercising). I kind of assumed this was what was to happen with age. So I moved into clothing a size bigger & felt quite sick when I put on clothes that used to look nice only to see them tight around the middle, the reflection in the mirror was not me, but a big person. I hated that tight feeling round my tummy, it got in the way when I bent over too.

Then, like you I decided enough was enough, but instead of going back to my usual exercise routines, which I had sickened myself of, I decided to go back to yoga which I had done in the past & also intermittently throughout life, kind of thinking it was too gentle, I had always returned to my more rigorous workouts.

However this time it was the exercise which suited me. I did 2 weeks of no oil in my diet, hard, as I love cold pressed oils & the weight just fell off with no other change in my eating pattern, now I am back to my normal weight because of the yoga (kick started by the oil free 2 weeks).

I put this all down to yoga & the fact that it energizes the thyroid gland which is known to slow up as age advances. Backbends & inverted poses are great for putting pressure on it especially shoulder stands. I also think things like cobra & camel put pressure on it.

To answer your question, I like Hatha yoga but also do Ashtanga. I am great fan of Rodney Yee DVDs, I have all of them, I especially like his burn DVD.Link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yoga-Burn-DVD-Region-NTSC/dp/B000A4T80O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278606976&sr=1-1

I simply adore Erich Schiffmann, his book The Spirit & Practice of Moving into Stillness is excellent. Link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yoga-Spirit-Practice-Moving-Stillness/dp/0671534807/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278606431&sr=1-1

He also made the marvellous DVD (originally a video made in 1993 or thereabouts) with Ali Macgraw, it is available in DVD form now & not at all dated,here is a link to the DVD on UK Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ali-MacGraw-Yoga-Mind-dutch/dp/B001BN6HTI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278605262&sr=1-3

This DVD is a great favourite which I do quite a lot. I have also discovered that Erich has made a number of new DVDs, which I have now too, there are ones for beginners, inversions & so forth, all a bit different & excellent.

Finally, here is a link to a gentle yoga DVD by Trudie Styler (wife of Sting the musician) & her tutor, James d'silva.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gaiam-Trudie-Stylers-Warrior-Yoga/dp/B002RB9JV6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278606782&sr=1-1

I have written Amazon reviews for most of the things I mention here, if you scroll down the links you will see what I have to say about them.

I tend to do my own thing yoga wise a lot of the time, but some days if feeling lazy,I put one of these DVDs on.

HTH.

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the info, Katy. I am using Rainbeau Mars DVD's, which I really love. Some of them are way too intense for me to do the entire DVD, though! I'll check in to the ones you listed above.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |