Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Caring for bleached hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I usually use a ph balancer and then a super thick conditioning balm and do a deep treatment with it, with either a heat cap or by sleeping in it. Before my bleaching I clarify and do a protein treatment and then deep condition. Most of the time I only conditioner wash my hair and do another protein treatment every 2 wks.

Is there anything else I should be doing immediately after rinsing the bleach out to ensure my hair health? is there anything else I could do to that would be beneficial? thanks
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I use Lôréal Proffesional products including their oils for my blond/high-lighted hair,
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:46 am      Reply with quote
I think this is an excellent question - and one that I don't have the answer to.

However, before bleaching my hair, I usually rub some Moroccan Oil into it and put the bleach over that - I read to do that somewhere. I also apply the oil again after I've finished.

But if anyone else has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Back in the dark ages when I attended cosmetology school we did just that applied a deep conditioner and frosted/bleached through it to help protect the hair. The only other things I think really helps are weekly (or more often if time allows) is conditioning with a heat cap, it really does help your conditioner penetrate, and ph adjuster right after bleaching. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
My hair is bleached yet it very good shape..... I don't know really how to show a pic through here... But my hair is in incredible shape. The stuff that has helped me is getting my hair professionally using the goldwell bleaching (it doesn't contain ammonia). Then having them add a high gloss serum in it.

Then wait 48 hrs to wash.

I wash my hair every two days. Every second wash i use shampoo- and the other days condition only.

I always use jojoba from mid to ends then adding a leave in conditioner and heat protector lotion (kerastase has a very good heat protector).

Then 1-2 a week i use a hair mask - i love the orange and white bottle by kerastase hair mask. I leave it in my damp hair overnight.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
ok I do a lot of those things.

That goldwell bleach sounds nice, I may ask my stylist about it. Is it a powder bleach?

yes I have heard about adding oil to hair prior to bleaching so that it goes into the hair with the bleach and conditions. I imagine this works similar to how oil bleaches work. (and since many of the redken and wella wellite has been discontinued this may be a good alternative)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
sweetsweettart wrote:
ok I do a lot of those things.

That goldwell bleach sounds nice, I may ask my stylist about it. Is it a powder bleach?

yes I have heard about adding oil to hair prior to bleaching so that it goes into the hair with the bleach and conditions. I imagine this works similar to how oil bleaches work. (and since many of the redken and wella wellite has been discontinued this may be a good alternative)

I used to frost my best friends waist length hair years ago and always used wella cholesterol to coat her hair first and since bleach is alkaline we ran a lemon juice rinse through after to basically neutralize the alkalinity. We both deep conditioned at least once a week with a heat cap and her hair never had the breaking or damage you often see with using bleach on hair. There are newer and improved conditioners and ph adjusters 30+ years later, but it just shows if you use precautions and deep condition after you can bleach and still have beautiful well conditioned hair. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Whenever I get bleached highlights, those sections of hair turn into a frizzy, fried mess.

What is a pH adjuster for hair? recommended brands? how do I use it?

I need to find something that will really lighten my highlighted sections, without destroying my hair - I notice that this (like many other things Sad ) gets harder, the older I get (my hair is dryer overall)

Thanks, BF
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Citric Acid or Lemon Juice still do work to bring the ph back to neutral. One product that also works is here:

http://www.hairliciousinc.com/2008/09/porosity-control-conditioner-101.html

Keeping hair in good repair really requires at least weekly deep conditioning, I am a big fan of using a heat cap to help penetration into the hair shaft.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't Apple Cider Vinegar a pH adjuster as well as a clarifier? I add a tablespoon of ACV to a cup of water for a weekly rinse.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I also want to mention that since I've been using Castile Soap as a shampoo my hair doesn't get the brassy tones it did when I was using standard shampoos.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Isn't Apple Cider Vinegar a pH adjuster as well as a clarifier? I add a tablespoon of ACV to a cup of water for a weekly rinse.

Yes, the exact same idea, using an acid to neutralize the base/alkiline product. Smile

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |