Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hair oils
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
so is coconut and avocado the only oils that really penetrate the hair? I am going to apply some oil as a pre bleach and then also mix some with my bleach mixture. So would these be the best to use since they will absorb into the hair as the bleach does?

also, does anyone know if camellia oil penetrates the hair? it is in a lot of hair products, but then again so it jojoba and it is just smoothing, but doesn't really absorb. thanks
havana8

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure about camellia oil, but according to this, olive oil also penetrates the hair shaft: http://thebeautybrains.com/2007/05/14/two-natural-oils-that-make-your-hair-shiny-and-strong/
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I think most Botanical oils (other than thick like Castor oil) will penetrate with bleach or heat, anything that opens the cuticle layer of the hair shaft. Smile

5% products discount

Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I heard olive oil is a good hair moisturizer but I don't know how to deal with it. It made my hair greasy.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
vinco wrote:
I heard olive oil is a good hair moisturizer but I don't know how to deal with it. It made my hair greasy.

It's best to wash when it's still really good and warm and usually takes a couple of shampoos to get it all out. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Argan is popular for use in hair. I use this, along with avocado and coconut, when I make an oil mix of for a deep conditioning treatment.
evescafe
5% products discount

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I use coconut oil. Add some cumin seeds and pepper to coconut oil. Heat the oil. Let it warm and massage the oil into scalps of the hair. leave it for 2 hours and then wash the hair.

I do this once a week. It makes my hair look soft and shiny.

Hope this helps someone.

It act as a good moisturizer increases the blood flow.

It do the work as a conditioner.

Rubbing castor oil on your scalp and the roots of your hair will regenerate new hair growth within months. This will also thicken thinning hair.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |