Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any garden of wisdom users here?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using garden of wisdom products for quite a while now and Im not really seeing any improvements in my skin. I mean they didnt make my skin worse but Im not like blown away. There are always raves in the forum and Im wondering if they are a little biased? I just dont understand how people can rave about a product just after one use. I always take a while to see any improvements. So any gow users here please share your honest reviews.
Also the price of newer gow products are so much more expensive. Some are comparable to the retailers. Im considering switching to other brands now. I initially use gow because the products seem good and are affordable. But now it's so pricey. sigh

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have used a few samples of their products and would call them OK. What I purchase most are actives to use in DIY concoctions. I know many also purchase oils from them. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
hi faeriedust,

Why GOW products have you used?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
hi faeriedust,

Why GOW products have you used?

I would also add what skin issues are you looking to improve with skin care? Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Darkmoon,

I'd like to improve hyperpigmentation & dark spots.

GOW has a lightening serum, to me, it is quite pricey.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Darkmoon,

Summer that seems to be a major issue many of us are seeking an answer to, I haven't tried the GOW serum so can't comment. I do wholeheartedly agree that one day even one week is way too soon to see results for anything but especially such a difficult issue to get rid of! I am still watching and waiting to see what may do the trick on that score! Wish I could be of more help, but if I find something that actually lightens pigmentation I will shout a Rave very loud! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm like Dark Moon, I have used tons of samples but I love their DIY ingredients.
I just recently ordered a bunch (may not be exact names): mint julep scrubber, diamond skin polisher, 3 samples of cleanser, HA with pearl powder, moor mud, neem cream, skin renew cream, eye cream, detox serums. The only one I might reorder is the HA with pearl powder, (funny smell, like fish) but I like it as a replacement for my IS Clinical Hydra Cool sometimes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm a GoW fan. I love that many of their formulas are basic with out fillers. I'm too lazy for DIY so this is the next best thing for me.

I know what you mean about reviews after 1 use. I don't understand those. There is no way any product is going to turn your skin around over night.

Products I've re-purchased from GoW:
various HA Serums
various oils
Oxygen gel
Botaderm Antiaging Serum
Skin Motivator Serum
Banana Healing Serum
Sulfur Clearing Mask

sample sizes I've used that I plan to purchase full sizes of:
CoCoFen Soothing/Clarifying Tonic
Eye Majik Cream
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I use GoW stuff too. About the reviews, i think we all have different skin and what works for one might not another. There are certainly some of their formulations i am very impressed with, and some others were just *meh*. It's probably just my skin. Cool
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
circus wrote:
I use GoW stuff too. About the reviews, i think we all have different skin and what works for one might not another. There are certainly some of their formulations i am very impressed with, and some others were just *meh*. It's probably just my skin. Cool

The YMMV goes for all skin care lines, it's the raves after a day or two of use, even a week really I just don't see how that's near enough time to say something is fabulous? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Darkmoon,

I want something for the hyperpigmentation on my arms so pricey doesn't cut it at all when I have a large area to cover! I would almost go Obagi but that would be a minor fortune. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
circus wrote:

The YMMV goes for all skin care lines, it's the raves after a day or two of use, even a week really I just don't see how that's near enough time to say something is fabulous? Smile

Hmm... i do think if the issue at hand was inflammation, it would make sense for the product to "work" after only a few days.

Other issues like hyperpigmentation definitely take some time though.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:01 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
summer2004 wrote:
Darkmoon,

I want something for the hyperpigmentation on my arms so pricey doesn't cut it at all when I have a large area to cover! I would almost go Obagi but that would be a minor fortune. Sad

GOW pre-formulated products are pricey. I have found a DIY niacinamide/N-acetyl glucosamine (4 percent/2 percent) to be quite effective in fading hyperpigmentation (specifically age spots) on my arms. I had previously used glycolic acid (10 percent) and hydroquinone (4 percent) separately without much improvement on this issue. This is of course in combination with sunblock.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
circus wrote:

Hmm... i do think if the issue at hand was inflammation, it would make sense for the product to "work" after only a few days.

hmm With inflammation that can be brought down with cold compresses and ibuprofen? Unless there is a different type of inflammation you are referring to?
What I see at times are wrinkles/fine lines, sagging ect. being all great in a very short period and sorry I just do not think it's in any way possible. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
GOW pre-formulated products are pricey. I have found a DIY niacinamide/N-acetyl glucosamine (4 percent/2 percent) to be quite effective in fading hyperpigmentation (specifically age spots) on my arms. I had previously used glycolic acid (10 percent) and hydroquinone (4 percent) separately without much improvement on this issue. This is of course in combination with sunblock.

Summer thanks! Are you just mixing in a simple base cream or a serum? I might give it a try I hate what Florida has done to my arms and I stay out of the sun other than driving, walking to and from the store to the car, basic life need to go outside! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I agree - it takes several months (or more) to really see if a product makes a difference.

As far as GOW, I mostly buy ingredients for DIY, but I really love the Magik Renewal Serum with Renovage.

I am interested in trying the Chock full of Vitamin serum. Has anyone used that?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Niacinmade serum for the arms: I use Thayer's Rose Petal toner as a base with 4% niacinamide, 2% N-acetyl glucosamine and 5 to 10% glycerine.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:37 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Summer thanks! Are you just mixing in a simple base cream or a serum?......

Darkmoon, I'd made a toner with mixing water + niacinamide + glucosamine but just used for 2 weeks 'cos I found it made my skin flushed.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:39 am      Reply with quote
niacinamide is great, but if you use too much your skin will flush.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:39 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
niacinamide is great, but if you use too much your skin will flush.

No, not too much; only 3%.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I am debating how much flushing on my arms would bother me. Smile I think some are more sensitive to it and more likely to have issues with flushing as I recall from another thread? I just really hate the hyperpigmentation on my arms! LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:01 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
circus wrote:

hmm With inflammation that can be brought down with cold compresses and ibuprofen? Unless there is a different type of inflammation you are referring to?
What I see at times are wrinkles/fine lines, sagging ect. being all great in a very short period and sorry I just do not think it's in any way possible. Smile

No, inflammation from skin prone to rosacea or eczema. Or just red and irritated skin in general. That can be anything ranging from an angry breakout, or over zealous exfoliation, or using unsuitable/harsh products.

Rx medication works great. But when you've had a life time of rx meds and their respective side effects, you are going to need to start looking for alternatives. And sometimes you need ALOT of other choices. (Plain aloe vera does nuts for me. Sad ) At least, that's what GOW means to me, having other choices.

I'm not sure i've seen reviews specific to wrinkles and sagging. But then i'd always take reviews with a pinch of salt, GOW or non-GOW. Having had to deal with reactive skin, that really takes top priority, everything else is secondary. Puts things into perspective i'd say. Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I get it circus, I have very normal and nonreactive skin so it's never been an issue I have had to deal with personally. I do notice members who have problems with many products it's difficult at best. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:37 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
... I have very normal and nonreactive skin...)

You are so lucky DM. My skin is super reactive, it suxs.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:44 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
... I have very normal and nonreactive skin...)

You are so lucky DM. My skin is super reactive, it suxs.

I agree and see all over the forum those that suffer with sensitivity and the difficulties that go along with that. I am very grateful not to have reactive skin! Smile Sorry you deal with that GirlieGirl!!!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |