Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bad Highlights!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have dark brown hair. I had my stylist highlight it. I asked for 2 shades lighter. I got red/yellow. How can I darken them??

Thanks!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
hattie wrote:
I have dark brown hair. I had my stylist highlight it. I asked for 2 shades lighter. I got red/yellow. How can I darken them??

Thanks!

Any beauty supply store, Sally's Beauty will carry beautiful browns or something similar, they are no activator colors but have some good stating power. Just choose an as or neutral shade to offset the red/ yellow if you don't care for that tone of color. Also match your normal shade so you can coat your entire head without altering your normal color just, lighter so you still have highlights. These have no lift so will not lighten your hair but the streaks will soak it in and also be coated. One great side effect it adds great shine/gloss to all your hair and is actually good for it instead of damaging! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I know you can get some kind of rinse that removes most of the colour deposit..but it is something that only professionals can buy?
not too sure, but one salon (in Canada) I shop at if they know you you can walk in and buy anything they use..like professonal colours.
Not too sure if they are "allowed" to do that as they do not advertise at all.

The drugstore might have something like that..Inever buy drugstore hair colour..so no idea.

I used to have red,brown and blonde hair on purpose a few years ago (looked nice but took 4 hours to colour Rolling Eyes

When that was growing out I ended up redyeing my hair as it was just too much work.

I remembe they had to use a filler colour and ten something on top to make emy hair a more even brown again.

I'm not a hair expert, but have just picked up many tips from professional people along the way.

I am supposed to get a haircut a the store that sells hair products this week, will try and ask the name of the colour remover product.
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:16 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the information. I think I may try to get an ash toner in light brown and see if it helps...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:30 am      Reply with quote
hattie wrote:
thanks for the information. I think I may try to get an ash toner in light brown and see if it helps...

I wouldn't use any color remover as that strips/lifts your natural color!

Make sure any "toner" isn't used with peroxide or a developer that will alter your natural color that isn't highlighted. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
hattie wrote:

I wouldn't use any color remover as that strips/lifts your natural color!

Make sure any "toner" isn't used with peroxide or a developer that will alter your natural color that isn't highlighted. Smile

But then wouldn't the new colour absorb better and that it would get rid of the highlights?

or is it better to just colour over the highlighted pieces..asuming there is not a lot of them?

I guess if you just colored over everything, the highlights would still show up as a new or better shade.

Wow,
did no think fixing hair at home could be so complicated Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |