Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any preferences between Lotioncrafter and Skin Actives
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
dreamskin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any preferences between these two companies? I want to place an order but am a little concerned that Skin Actives doesn't seem to allow any reviews on their products that are the slightest bit negative, but by the same token,. I cant seem to find any reviews at all on the Lotioncrafter site.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I cant speak for Skin Actives but I've ordered from Lotion Crafter and was please with my items and the fast shipping. They also refunded some of the shipping I paid because they were able to fit all my items in Flat Rate Priority Mail Box.
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've ordered from both and been happy with all my products.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
bordnfl2 wrote:
I've ordered from both and been happy with all my products.

Same for me, I have been very happy with both places. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I buy from both Skinactives and Lotioncrafters - depending on what active I need. It is true that you can not get an unbiased review of the products on the Skinactive site, the ingredients in their serums are top notch and are priced very fairly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
I buy from both Skinactives and Lotioncrafters - depending on what active I need. It is true that you can not get an unbiased review of the products on the Skinactive site, the ingredients in their serums are top notch and are priced very fairly.

I think they have banned a few members that posted less than positive comments at Skinactives. But they do have very good service and quality products. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't know members were banned for honest reviews Shock but I have heard of posts being deleted by some members.

I think it depends upon what you want. It's like apples and oranges - both good, just good in different ways.

Skinactives does have a lot of ready products that many EDS folks have liked.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Some members here have lost the ability to log in to the forum after posting comments or opinions that apparently weren't positive. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:00 am      Reply with quote
I really like their stuff especially the collagen serum so I think it will be Skin Actives.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:33 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Some members here have lost the ability to log in to the forum after posting comments or opinions that apparently weren't positive. Smile

Yup, this happened to me. And they were more inquiries than negative comments. I was astounded.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
what did you ask? If you don't mind telling us......

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I've ordered from both companies and have never had a problem with any of my orders. However, I prefer to use lotioncrafter if they have what I need, because of their customer reward points program. You earn a point for every dollar you spend and can use the points on future purchases. I've managed to save quite a bit of money with the points.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
If you check previous forum posts made through me you will find a rather negative review on Skin Actives.

Ordering with Skin Actives is like stepping on broken egg shells, I found that: They wont provide customer service after order, Are incredibly biased on the forum, Can be incredibly rude, and simply unreliable.

I on the other hand love Lotion Crafter and Garden of Wisdom (you might like to give them a go, they have great pre made products, free sample with every order) however as both companies are both located in America it would cost allot for international postage so these days prefer to order through Lotion Crafter: Best value (take the Sea Kelp Bio ferment as an example), Speedy delivery, Very thorough with information, Great customer service, and very reliable.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
jonatan
5% products discount

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:08 am      Reply with quote
We just updated our website to improve order taking and visibility of products and information.

Each product page contains customer reviews.
I think only one product review has ever been deleted from the pages and this was done because the review did not pertain to the product.

There have been issues in the past with the forum (which is separate from the web site). It is very difficult to manage and there have been instances were users have been blocked and message deleted. Most of these have been to do with promotion of other companies or promotion of regimens which we feel can be harmful.

If you have experience poor service please do not hesitate to contact me. We try extremely hard to make people happy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I like and have used both. I usually order from Lotioncrafter because I can get larger sizes more economically. Also they are the only supplier of my beloved Hilurlip.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Managing a forum must be FUBAR on so many levels.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Another good place is MountainRoseHerbs.com = They have wonderful, highest quality products. If I can order there I will. I have also ordered from SkinActives, Garden of Wisdom and Lotioncrfters. No complaints with any. Just sorry about the scuffles on the Skin Actives forum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Another good place is MountainRoseHerbs.com = They have wonderful, highest quality products. If I can order there I will. I have also ordered from SkinActives, Garden of Wisdom and Lotioncrfters. No complaints with any. Just sorry about the scuffles on the Skin Actives forum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
MidnightSunBaby wrote:
Managing a forum must be FUBAR on so many levels.

That's funny Razz

I say the following as a customer who did have a negative experience with your company... If customers were actually looked after, then they wouldn't be informing others of unfortunate experiences aka word of mouth. There's nothing to be gained from allowing customers to have problems, discuss them with others, and only then trying to fix those problems. Look after your customers and they will remain loyal Smile

I have quite a few favorites, after moving on from Skin Actives and trying others Lotioncrafter has to be the best for individual ingredients, Garden of Wisdom for already made products, and MUAC for peels.. you will receive samples with all of them, except for Lotioncrafter (although they are worth it just for the customer service alone). I suggest try them all out and do not go past Makeup Artists Choice for peels (they have great sales also) Very Happy
Lilibette

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
As to Lotioncrafters: I placed an order (over 100 dollars) with lotioncrafters and was disappointed to receive an email from them saying that, even though the credit card went through, because my shipping and billing addresses are different, they would require me to a) download a PDF file b)print the file, c) fill out the file, d) find a fax e) fax the form with a photocopy of my drivers license and photocopy of my credit card to them and then they would send an already approved purchase. Am I being unreasonable or is this alot of trouble to go to for the perfectly normal instance of having separate billing and delivery addresses?
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Lilibette wrote:
As to Lotioncrafters: I placed an order (over 100 dollars) with lotioncrafters and was disappointed to receive an email from them saying that, even though the credit card went through, because my shipping and billing addresses are different, they would require me to a) download a PDF file b)print the file, c) fill out the file, d) find a fax e) fax the form with a photocopy of my drivers license and photocopy of my credit card to them and then they would send an already approved purchase. Am I being unreasonable or is this alot of trouble to go to for the perfectly normal instance of having separate billing and delivery addresses?

That is a bit strange, I'm in Australia and always pay with credit but have never had to do any of that... Confused

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I've never ordered from Skin Actives, mainly because I am looking for active ingredients rather than finished products and the active ingredients sold by Lotion Crafter are much better priced. I have ordered 3 times from Lotion Crafter and been very happy all 3 times. I'm in Australia and have paid all 3 times by credit card and not had a problem.

I would order from Skin Actives if I was looking for a finished product, or if I wanted premeasured actives because I didn't want to have to measure things and worry about percentages. That's probably the best thing about Skin Actives, that most actives are premeasured and you simply have to add the contents of the vial to a certain amount of cream, lotion or serum to get the right percentage of actives. Having said that, you pay quite dearly for that. Lotion Crafter is definitely better value.
MidnightSunBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
I also like Ingredients to Die for.

I hope lotioncrafter has a sale over Labor Day, they have for the past couple years. I emailed Jenny and she did not know, but that was a couple of months ago.

I can't say enough about hilurlip in my gloss. I wish I could find a company that could give it all to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:26 am      Reply with quote
MidnightSunBaby wrote:
I also like Ingredients to Die for.

I hope lotioncrafter has a sale over Labor Day, they have for the past couple years. I emailed Jenny and she did not know, but that was a couple of months ago.

I can't say enough about hilurlip in my gloss. I wish I could find a company that could give it all to me.

When is Labor day in America? I'm in Australia and would kinda like to reap some of those bargains Razz

Also love, love, love Hilurlip!! I combine it with Aveeno Positvely Ageless Serum for a really hydrating base that's applied prior to AHA's and Retin-A it's really good at hydrating and plumping up that crepey skin texture
Very Happy

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |