Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Furlesse (the modern day Frownies)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I saw these mentioned on the forum, and took advantage of a free 3 day supply to try them out.

http://www.furlesse.com/index.html

Product Overview:
Quote:
"Furlesse is a simple-to-use, noninvasive alternative approach to relaxing furrow lines. This latex-free, hypoallergenic and transparent patch fits perfectly between the eyes, holding skin in place while you sleep. Wake up to smoother more refreshed skin!

Furlesse was created by a mother of three, who through many sleepless nights couldn’t help but notice how deep her furrow lines were in the wee hours. From stories of people using tape between their eyes at night (ouch), to people using butterfly bandages, she got to thinking this might be a pretty good product idea, plus one that she could use on herself.

Cost: $12.95 for a 30 day supply

How to use:
Quote:
Continue with nightly cleansing routine, and if using moisturizers, wait a few minutes until absorbed into skin. Gently smooth out furrow lines and place patch between the eyes before bedtime.

To remove in the morning, peel back across itself, from one corner to the other.

Use nightly for best results.

Early Observations from Beth:

- These are little stickers that are used on your 11's at night to help smooth out furrows. I sleep on my side, and have one vertical line between my brows due to the way my face scrunches up against the pillow...hopefully with long term use, I can reverse that line if I stop making the repetitive motion every night!

- They are clear (INVISIBLE!!)...I actually had put one on before bed tonight, then remembered I needed to run to the grocery store quickly. I left it on and headed to the store because it is next to impossible to see. (and far better looking from your husband's perspective than some of the other options out there!)

- Adhesive-wise, they did stay on all night, which is saying something since I toss and turn all night. They peel off easily in the morning, and I did not (yet) develop any redness/irritation as I do with most tape products. And as expected, I'll be testing the used ones with Tac Gel to see if we can make them last longer. Bad Grin

***NOTE: I have NOT tried them after moisturizer as mentioned in the instructions...I used rubbing alcohol and then applied the patch for the best adhesion)***

- Comfort-wise, they are very lightweight and did not feel unbearably hot like when I tried the silicone scar sheet on my forehead lines. Embarassed I pretty much forgot I had it on.

- Results-wise, I did see that the line was reduced in the morning, and had only come back slightly much later in the day. That was after only one use, and I am hoping to see better results after long term usage. I ordered 60 days worth, so I'll be reporting back in later! Very Happy

Possible Additional Uses:

- I can see some adventurous people cutting them to fit above their upper lips...you might be able to squeak by with one for both sides, but it would not be a perfect fit. (2 would be better)

- I might use one on the darned wrinkle next to my eye, also due to me sleeping on my side. Rolling Eyes

- If they were available in rectangles, or "cut-your-own-shape" sheets, I would use them on my forehead lines and even my chest! But alas, the current shape is not conducive to trying that.

HTH!! Very Happy

The above post is a review of the following products available at EDS:
Furlesse Elevens Frown Line Reducing Patches (30 patches)
Furlesse Elevens Frown Line Reducing Patches (30 patches)

YOUR'E A 10. (So ditch the elevens!) Relax frown lines in a gentle, natural (no needles!) way. Whether you’re a soap-and-water girl or a Botox believer, Furlesse is for you. Easy to apply, easy to remove. Sensitive skin? No problem. No latex and hypoallergenic. Simply apply the clear patch while you sleep or before a big night out and a few hours later you’ll see fewer fine lines. It’s that easy. 30 Day Supply (30 Patches)

Furlesse Rows Forehead Line Reducing Patches (30 patches)
Furlesse Rows Forehead Line Reducing Patches (30 patches)

FABULOUS FOREHEAD. (Forget about the furrows!) Relax forehead lines in a gentle, natural (no needles!) way. Whether you’re a soap-and-water girl or a Botox believer, Furlesse is for you. Easy to apply, easy to remove. Sensitive skin? No problem. No latex and hypoallergenic. Simply apply the clear patch while you sleep or before a big night out and a few hours later you’ll see fewer fine lines. It’s that easy. 30 Day Supply (30 Patches)

Furlesse Lip-sticks Lip Line Reducing Patches (30 day supply)
Furlesse Lip-sticks Lip Line Reducing Patches (30 day supply)

Furlesse lip-sticks address both the expressions lines and upper lip creases. The patches work by smoothing out the skin while holding it in place, preventing unwanted pillow creases and furrowing of the face. 30 Day Supply

Furlesse Crows Smooth Eye Lines Naturally (60 patches)
Furlesse Crows Smooth Eye Lines Naturally (60 patches)

Furlesse crows smooth stubborn crow’s feet around the eyes. The patches work by smoothing out the skin while holding it in place, preventing unwanted pillow creases and furrowing of the face.

Can be used as a complement to your existing cosmetic injectable routine or can stand on their own as a natural, non-invasive option to relaxing facial lines and wrinkles.

Formerly known as Furlesse Crows Eye Line Reducing Patches.

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
FYI...the free trial was over on June 30th.

But maybe Cathy (the owner) will consider extending that for EDS members since we are early adopters and spread the word about products we end up loving. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I would be interested in trying them for sure....I really like frownies but something clear would be better!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I would be interested in trying them for sure....I really like frownies but something clear would be better!

If I dared to wear one to the grocery store, you know they are clear! Very Happy

Editing to add: please ignore my brows that I did not brush into place before taking the pic.

And see the red line along my eyelid? That's what you will get with Lumigan or Latisse.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
OH Bethany your lashes are to die for!!!!! Thanks for the picture of the furlesse...they sure beat frownies for bed wear!!! Are they as stiff as frownies...I like the stiffness because it keeps the area pulled and flat.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I tried my sample of these too, and felt like they weren't stiff enough. Maybe my frownie muscles are REALLY strong. Thought about gluing a horizontal piece of popsicle stick to the outside of the plastic, because I could frown and easily make a crease with this when it was on my skin; didn't seem much of a deterrent as the plastic just wrinkled up. It came off nicely and didn't bother my skin upon removal, though.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with caboodle, too flexible for me so they didn't seem to do the job. I reordered the frownies, which are similar enough to my skin color that I might even wear them to run an errand. Heck, I wear the Safetox in the car, so clearly I have few inhibitions.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have never tried Frownies, so maybe that's why I am not bothered by a lesser level of stiffness. Confused

I did try smooshing the area with the patch on, and could not get the sleep wrinkle between my eyes to occur. But we'll see if longer term results take place, or if I need something stiffer. (stiffer patches, of course!!) Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Furlesse patches over a glycolic product that leaves minimal residue, but the adhesive was not strong enough in that scenario. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, your lashes look great. I'll have to stick with the frownies because of price. I pay about $17 for 144 and right now they are on sale at drugstore.com for $14.69. I buy mine at Steinmart.

Anyway, the frownies work great for me, so much so I hope to never have botox again. Love my frownies but yes, wish they were clear.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
bordnfl2 wrote:
Bethany, your lashes look great. I'll have to stick with the frownies because of price. I pay about $17 for 144 and right now they are on sale at drugstore.com for $14.69. I buy mine at Steinmart.

Anyway, the frownies work great for me, so much so I hope to never have botox again. Love my frownies but yes, wish they were clear.

Bordnfl2, thanks for the compliment! They are actually longer, but at least a 1/4 of the length is blond. Rolling Eyes I use the OLD version of Revitalash...I bought a ton via ebay right after it was pulled off the market.

I think I will have to look at the Frownies..I have hesitated in the past because I heard they were hard to remove?

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all of the great feedback on my new product. We're always looking for ways to improve! Sounds like we should consider doing a thicker alternate product version. Will keep you posted.
ctousley

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:41 am      Reply with quote
We have ended the free sample giveaway of Furlesse, but are happy to offer 20% off your next purchase until the end of August. Just use summer20 in the coupon field at checkout!
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Do the Frownies stay on after night time treatments? I use Taz gel and Obagi Clear and wondered if they'd still adhere.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
My frownies do stay on well with the night time treatments but.....I make sure I apply my treatments a little earlier and then the frownies right before bed. Also I have discovered from a poster either here or from another forum that frownies can be reused if you just apply them the first night without wetting them...just stick them on....the next night wet them and apply....they usually stick!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
ctousley wrote:
Thanks for all of the great feedback on my new product. We're always looking for ways to improve! Sounds like we should consider doing a thicker alternate product version. Will keep you posted.

Thanks...thicker AND a bit stickier, please! Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I have tried Furlesse for two nights and am very pleased! I put one over the glabella muscles (where it is intended to go) and cut another one in two. I put each half over my forehead on each side of the first one. (I have a rather small forehead and tend to wrinkle it above my outer eye brows.)

In the morning, I peel them off easily and my skin is smooth! Of course it doesn't stay that way...yet(?) But I find they stick over my moisturizer after I wipe away the residue.

Frownies work but it was awful trying to get them off. And I didn't like how obvious they were on me.

Furlesse is more expensive than Frownies (especially using them two a night.) We'll see how they work long term.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
For all who is interested. You can buy Furlesse on Amazon.com now for $8.10. Pretty good reason to try Smile)
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:35 am      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
For all who is interested. You can buy Furlesse on Amazon.com now for $8.10. Pretty good reason to try Smile)

That's really a good reason to try!! Thanks for the information:)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
So Furlesse has come out with some new products!

- Rows - these appear to be much larger than the ones for the 11's and sound great for longer forehead lines

- Crows - for around your eyes (I used to cut the 11's in half, so these will be a welcome change)

- Lip-sticks - these are in 2 shapes for upper lip lines and NL lines

http://furlesse.com/

I ordered the Rows for my forehead, but I also ordered the lip ones in hopes that I can cut them to use on my 11's since I think there would be some overlap between the forehead rows and the patch designed for the 11's. I'll let everyone know how that works out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Great lashes, yours look like mine do with mascara on Shock ! I also do not see any lines on your face!! lucky lady
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:07 am      Reply with quote
When I looked at the site, it appears Furless only ships to US locations.

It would be great if EDS were to carry this line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Great lashes, yours look like mine do with mascara on Shock ! I also do not see any lines on your face!! lucky lady

Tiny, that pic is 2 years old, and I have more lines now because I stopped dermarolling! Sad Sad Sad That's why I am now gearing up for a roll in July or August (and will be rolling every 3 months on an ongoing basis).

The lashes are from the OLD version of Revitalash...I am now using Lumigan and they look WAY better than in the pic above!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Wow thank you for posting this, Its very interesting. Can it be duped with a plaster? Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I have purchased medical tape (first aid section). It is clear and works well.

The Frownies are really brown and obvious on my fair skin.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |