Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Hair frizz control
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lorrapaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:12 am      Reply with quote
My hair is not in that bad condition but through medication and menopause my hair tends to bush out and get a bit frizzy.
My hair is fine but i have lots of it and it is fairly straight just a few kinks. Can anyone reccomend anything that REALLY works. I just want to wash blow dry and not have to worry about it bushing out or going frizzy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:19 am      Reply with quote
L'Oriel Smooth Intense Anti Frizz Serum - it contain Argan oil which is the same thing that is Moroccan oil which is about 3 times the price.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
have you considered rebonding your hair by straightening it permanently? I had this done, and i have no more frizz. Hair is silky and smooth.
havana8

Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I use Sebastian's Potion 9 leave-in conditioner/styling product which leaves my fine but thick hair frizz free, still soft and shinier. I apply a tiny amount on damp hair in lieu of conditioner and find it ends up being quite economical considering how little you need to use. It can also be used on dry hair although I've never tried applying it that way. If you want the ingredient listing, let me know and I will post it for you. Smile
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum - amazing stuff. Makes my hair so smooth and shiny and dries in less times as well. When I leave my hair curly, helps me to beat the frizzies that way as well.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Living Proof No Frizz has anti-frizz technology developed by MIT!

I have tried most of their line (not the hairspray yet), and have been VERY happy with it. "No oils, No silicones, No frizz" is their tagline, and I am a believer! Plus it doesn't weigh ytour hair down at all.

Their "Full" product is also great.

http://livingproof.com/no-frizz/?gclid=CNX67bXS9qICFQpknAodL3M3ng

Warning: Sephora carries it, and ALWAYS screws up by sending the Smooth Styling Spray instead of the Wave Shaping Spray, so be forwarned. Rolling Eyes

QVC also carries the Living Proof line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:22 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I was going to suggest this also. Its definitely worth trying.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I have tried most of their line (not the hairspray yet), and have been VERY happy with it. "No oils, No silicones, No frizz" is their tagline, and I am a believer! Plus it doesn't weigh ytour hair down at all.

Warning: Sephora carries it, and ALWAYS screws up by sending the Smooth Styling Spray instead of the Wave Shaping Spray, so be forwarned. Rolling Eyes

thanks for recommending - i like knowing about good haircare lines. I want to try their conditioner.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
bethany wrote:

thanks for recommending - i like knowing about good haircare lines. I want to try their conditioner.

I gave my sister a bottle of the hair conditioner yesterday, and she was raving about it this morning from the anti-frizz standpoint.

I also have the shampoo, but I am not sure if that is a good use of $$$ or not...how do they keep the secret ingredient from washing away?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
I use Sebastian's Potion 9 leave-in conditioner/styling product which leaves my fine but thick hair frizz free, still soft and shinier. I apply a tiny amount on damp hair in lieu of conditioner and find it ends up being quite economical considering how little you need to use. It can also be used on dry hair although I've never tried applying it that way. If you want the ingredient listing, let me know and I will post it for you. Smile

Havana,
I love this and have used it for years on my thick but baby fine hair and it really does the trick for me. I have to hide mine as given a chance both of my daughters (same hair) run off with my tube!!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
i have liked frizz-ease serum. it is fairly lightweight and does the job. the trick is to just use a tiny bit.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I use a lot of products to get rid of frizz. A good hair dryer is de riguer. I recently bought the Revlon Tourmaline; supposedly it is a T3 knock off. It is pretty amazing! Also, have been using Bumble & Bumble Styling Spray. Those two things I just added. I also use L'oreal Ever Pure Shampoo (sulfate free), Paul Mitchell conditioner, Sally Hershberger Style Primer & John Frieda Luxurious Volume.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Try a Brazilian Blowout treatment at your salon. Pricey but it works and lasts quite a long time.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I'd highly suggest going over to the Naturally Curly forum.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/

It has tons of info (not all just for curlies). I notice that NOT blow drying my hair greatly reduces frizz (and NOT touching it at all while it's drying).

Also check out the longhaircommunity.com. It could be as simple as needing a more moisturizing conditioner.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Icegoddess
5% products discount

Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:43 am      Reply with quote
doohicus wrote:
Try a Brazilian Blowout treatment at your salon. Pricey but it works and lasts quite a long time.

I worry about this option as most of these treatments (e.g. Brazilian, Keratin, etc.) use formaldehyde and release these fumes during the process.

I second (or third) the recommendation to check out the Naturally Curly site. Of course there will be a thousand recommendations to try out.

The Living Proof products worry me because most of them have alcohol as the first ingredient which can be drying.

So, for me, I only shampoo twice a week and only use conditioner on other days. I only use Sulfate-Free shampoo. It is better for your scalp, but I originally started using it to try and save my hair coloring as sulfates strip it. I wrap it in a towel while drying off and after unwrapping it I add a small amount of Broccoli Seed oil followed by a leave-in conditioner. I then squirt 5 to 6 squirts of DevaCurl Set it Free Moisture Lock spray and scrunch into hair. Air dry until I can't stand it anymore and then finish up with a diffuser.

Depending on where I'm going with it, I also have other products I use, but this would be my minimalist approach.

Hope this helps.
MULLINGS

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi girls! I'm new to the group but have been reading comments about curly hair. I get my products from Arrow BRITISH CURLIES - who have a whole host of product lines and they give you advice on which range is best for your type of curl. Would recommend. Very Happy

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to say...my favorite brands are:: Darcy's Botanicals (yummy natural ingredients),Crown Pride (luscious! and natural.., Kinky Curly Knot Today (detangler) give them a try!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:26 am      Reply with quote
I have fine hair that can get frizzy. I add honeyquat to my conditioner and it has made such a difference. Hair is stronger, less frizzy and super shiny.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Havana,
I love this and have used it for years on my thick but baby fine hair and it really does the trick for me. I have to hide mine as given a chance both of my daughters (same hair) run off with my tube!!! Laughing

DM, have you ever tried it on dry hair? I wonder how it differs from using it on wet. I would try it but I am too lazy in case it leaves me with a greasy mess! Cool

erg, what a great tip! How much honeyquat do you add and where do you get it from?
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Havana!
Honeyquat can be purchased from Garden of Wisdom or Lotion Crafters.

I add about 1-3% to conditioner (usually adding about a tablespoon to the average size bottle). If my hair is really dry, I add a teaspoon to 8 ounces of water and pour on my hair w/o rinsing.

Love it.. and it is cheap!

5% products discount

Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I love moroccanoil oil treatment <3
It's one of the best to frizzy hair

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Havana,

I am just like you, I never tried it on dry hair simply because I wouldn't want to have to wash a second time either! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have bad frizzies, but I felt they were more under control when I discovered Moroccan Oil, coconut oil and macadamia nut oil that I apply before washing my hair.
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Here is a link regarding a class action suit against Brazilian Blowout:
http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20101012/bc_brazilian_blowout_suit_grows_101012/20101012?hub=BritishColumbiaHome
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:36 am      Reply with quote
for me, I have to employ the following:

coconut oil deep conditioning
heat protecting serums
flat iron

and generally just be gentle with my hair overall.

BF
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |