Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

VISS IPL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jassy

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
my friend got the device and i was going to get it too, until hers stopped working just like yours, dragoN..... so you know, she thought, oh well i'll just ask the viss people to switch it, i was probably just unlucky and got the faulty one-not a big deal...
not a big deal unless they don't get back to you!!! it's been a week and still nothing.... i don't think its a scam though, because apparently HER friend had gotten one first and it still works fine...and more importantly, it does seem to work with the hair loss quite well.

so i don't get it...i posted a comment on their youtube site, but i'm thinking of emailing them just to tell them they better get things straight or they're going to lose a loooooot of potential customers.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
jassy wrote:
i'm thinking of emailing them just to tell them they better get things straight or they're going to lose a loooooot of potential customers.

Thank you Jassy,

And also appreciate your information regarding your friends and their results.

I would like think positive with regards to the situation, I think that machine is not crap...some obviously are...but when it is working...it is doing something.
jassy wrote:
so you know, she thought, oh well i'll just ask the viss people to switch it, i was probably just unlucky and got the faulty one-not a big deal...
not a big deal unless they don't get back to you!!! it's been a week and still nothing.... i don't think its a scam though, because apparently HER friend had gotten one first and it still works fine...and more importantly, it does seem to work with the hair loss quite well.

There you have it....when it works...great, when it doesn't, and it seems too many people are having this problem...they are out a hefty sum of money.

Bad publicity costs a company much more than a faulty machine.
DennisVuitton
5% products discount

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
sarah.november wrote:
DennisVuitton,

i'm glad nothing happened to your skin Smile but be careful! did you purchase the skin rejuvenation system as well?

No I didn't get the skin rejuvenation bulb. A little too pricey for me. 125$. I'll just wait for it to get cheaper.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:25 am      Reply with quote
I walked into the office today...and there was a box...with a new VISS and new bulbs...All of it. Very Happy

I am floored!!!

There was no email informing me that they were sending me a replacement.

I will test this second unit and send the other one back in the AM.

I am surprised and happily so. Just *wow* They did that within under a week.

They may not spend much time communicating with customers...but delivering...WOW...just *wow*

Will keep you posted on how it goes...will do the face flashy thingie tonight and hope it works!!!

Re: the hair removal....It does something that makes the hairs not want to be there and slow in growth...so that is why I really wanted a working unit...I am believing that it might actually work as they say,...and wouldn't that be nice?

Made my day! Woooohooooooooo!!!!
DennisVuitton
5% products discount

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:42 am      Reply with quote
DragoN: That was unexpected haha. At least you got what you wanted right?

Keep us updated on how it's working!

As well as the face bulb!
DennisVuitton
5% products discount

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I spoke with their live chat guy Brandon just now. And he told me that the reasons for the late email replies is because they're having problems with the email system.
sarah.november
5% products discount

Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
dragoN

oh my gosh, yay!!!! haha, i must've been really frustrated over the past few days because i'm so happy for you.... ugh! let's hope this will WORK!

you know, i had actually left a comment on their facebook a few days ago (i made an account just to make a comment, since it looked like they were replying comments there), and i saw that some people had responded to mine agreeing with me about the whole customer service. they did delete those comments, but they posted:
To our valued customers: please be patient with us as customer service is approx. 24-48 hours behind on support inquiries due to this extraordinary issue. We are working overtime and will be caught up quickly. Your inquiries will be answered in the order they were received. Thank you for your understanding.

oh, and yesterday i read another complaint on their youtube channel as well...so maybe that all worked! of course, like Dennis Vuitton said, they might have just been having problems with the email system...but DragoN had most definitely done more than email.....
either way, so happy for you! please keep us posted on the results!! especially the skin rejuvenation one!!!
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Sarah.November

I am also really very happy to have the issue resolved.

As such...I am also for more readily willing to sing praises of the machine. It does seem to work. Definitely retards hair growth. Zapped the underarms....and they are coming in much more slowly. [ bikini line too ] and that is really really slow to come back in....which was not the case before.

Re: the skin bulb....can't say yet. Seems to be doing something...but too soon to say. Takes time to really notice a difference. I got it primarily to control acne, however I also use Retin A which I should not when using the machine...oh well...have been using for the last 10 years and did the same when I did the IPL at the hospital and nothing too terrible other than twice when I got burned and the Doctor knew that he had set the intensity super high...we were testing to see how much pain I could tolerate. I could take the pain, but my skin couldn't. So was not a brilliant test on my part. lol

The new box came with extra bulbs and all in, I will pay for the extra bulbs and send the unit back today...I am hoping to hear back from them re: the 3 year extended warranty. Is that a Facebook phenomena or not? For 50 bucks it would be really worth it to me. My little VISS is my new "baby" it's really cute...and ..I like it. It's working for now....so I am a happy little camper.

It was my 40 year Bday present to myself
Very Happy

They trusted me to send me a new machine with all in...I can buy more from the company at this point. Now let's hope they will be in business for the next few years.

Win Win...and hope you will still further consider the unit...it is really NICE to be able to do the hair removal at home and see it actually working...that's why I was such a cow about wanting another one.
BrookeAnne
5% products discount

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Well well , that is music to my ears.I will feel a whole lot better spending that money now. I just hope if I do have a problem I will be able to find you so that I can replicate whatever you did to get that response from them. I really had my heart set on the viss. I don't think the Tria is a bad device by any means but the small treatment area and being a battery device is a negative for me.OK so that settles it, I will be ordering the Viss in the next day or so and will be providing updates on how it works for me. Thanks Dragon for keeping us updated, that makes my day too,,, loll or night I should say since its 1:38 am. I'm such a night owl, if they would just make something to get rid of bags and dark circles I would be set Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:06 am      Reply with quote
PSSST....before you BuY....ask them about that 3 year warranty deal? Ok?

Since they are SO hard to get a hold of AFTER the purchase...sent email asking about that too...I got my machine YES...but perhaps I was a bit of a brat. uhhmm..I so was a brat!

Just for info's sake.

I'll fire off another email in the mean time as well, a long with the tracking number for the unit I am shipping back.

I really do like the little dingus...and yes...it is working. Hairs literally pull out with no resistance. Let's hope it is killing some of them too Smile
sarah.november
5% products discount

Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:30 am      Reply with quote
i was just going to purchase, but it turns out my sister had ordered one (plus the skin bulb)! she didn't get the 3 year warranty though as she had no idea...are you paying extra for that as well then?
but either way, i'm so excited since i get to try it myself!! but i'm kind of anxious as well....what if we get a faulty one as well?! i REALLY don't want to go through the whole trying to get a hold of them ordeal...
are you continuing to use the skin bulb as well?? i know it hasn't even been a week, but what do you think of that one so far?? not much to say about it?
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Sarah,

I can tell you that the hair removal aspect is working. The skin bulb...I bought for different reason than you. Acne...on that score, I can't say just yet. Had some nasty redness due to picking [ bad Dragon} then zapped over top....and the redness fades. Anything beyond that I cannot tell you. Wish I could, as I know you really would like some real feedback on this thing. Kind of the reason I posted this thread before splurging.

Part of the problem, is they have bodiddly for explanation on their web page about the skin bulb, I also sent email requesting info...and nothing.

Same deal re: 3 year warranty. I emailed them that I would like that as well.....however...am waiting for a response from them before I pay for the two bulbs and the warranty if it exists. I am not a thief, I simply want a response as each time I wire money it costs me a decent amount to do so. Same price whether I wire 50 bucks or 250 bucks...so all in one, I would like to know ahead of time and pay it that way.

I will give them till my Wednesday of next week to get back to me...what else can I do?
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:31 am      Reply with quote
I've only learned of this machine on this forum and it sounds very interesting. I have had professional IPL and professional laser-hair removal. The latter really does REMOVE hair, whereas the IPL just slows down the regrowth.
I bought myself a Silk'n machine for the convenience of being able to treat myself at home. The results are comparable with professional IPL. I'd never pay for a salon IPL again.

I'm interested to hear what the regrowth is like with Viss and the rejuvenation light sounds great. Would be wonderful to be able to tone down the redness at home.

Glad you got your support issues resolved. Please keep us posted.
sarah.november
5% products discount

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:52 am      Reply with quote
dragoN,

redness fading is a huge plus factor, if that really is happening with you!i feel like a lot of people with acne, the redness is actually half the problem. do you actually have any active acne/pimples at the moment? if so, what kind? i'm wondering on what type of acne the light is most effective...i think i'll email them about that and see if i get a reply like a month later or so :P
i did email them about 2-3 weeks ago asking them about safety issues and how the whole thing worked with the skin bulb and i just got a reply...it was great getting a response, but the reply itself was kind of...not all thaaat helpful. this is what they said :

Quote:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

IPL Skin rejuvenation is the most safe method as we use intensive pulsed light, not laser.
IPL has the most sophisticated technique to work better in scar area and the spot, even damaged by sun.
If you're worried about the side effect, you don't have to worry about it.
Also,we're going to make more kinds of skin lamp, acne, skin tightening etc.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

just copied and pasted. i just wish they'd give more detailed information about the skin bulb system on their website, cause it seems a lot of us have question marks above our heads, whereas with the hair removal system, i sort of get how it works and how it needs to be done blah blah blah. i like the part where they say "If you're worried about the side effect, you don't have to worry about it."...uh, not all that reassuring, but ok? oh well, my sister ordered it about a day ago, so i'll just have to see how well it works when we actually get it...and one more thing...have you noticed that they censor their messages? on facebook as well as their website...i don't know if that's normal for online stores to do that but that puts me off a bit. oh well, not a big deal i suppose...

PosyLee,
apparently with VISS, after the first few times you do it, you eventually only have to do the removal process once or twice a year? how about the Silk'n machine?
DennisVuitton
5% products discount

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:40 am      Reply with quote
sarah.november wrote:
Apparently with VISS, after the first few times you do it, you eventually only have to do the removal process once or twice a year? how about the Silk'n machine?

I have both the Silk'n Sensepil and Viss IPL.

The Silk'n Sensepil is more safer than the Viss but less effective. It took about 8 treatments on the highest level to get the hair-free look. But when I bought the Viss IPL and used it on my underarms. The hairs started growing back. I think this is because the Silk'n simply sends your hairs into a long resting phase and the Viss just activated the growth cycles again. But now that I've done 2 treatments on my underarms with the Viss it looks Ok.

And can someone teach me how to properly quote someone? My quoting skills is a huge failure haha
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:39 am      Reply with quote
sarah.november wrote:
PosyLee,
apparently with VISS, after the first few times you do it, you eventually only have to do the removal process once or twice a year? how about the Silk'n machine?

As I mentioned, I find the results of the Silk'n comparable to a salon IPL treatment. The hair doesn't disappear but seems to be "petrified" into not growing back quickly. So the routine is, I shave, use the Silk'n and then I don't have to shave again for a few weeks. For example, under arms I only have to shave every 3 to 4 weeks; legs 2 to 3 weeks. I've not been using the Silk'n faithfully over the winter (Australia) so I am definitely a bit more prickly than I was. Interestingly though, I used the Silk'n to treat the hairs on my big toes last summer (sorry for the lovely image). I had a few coarse ones on each toe and now they have completely gone. Bald toes - ha, ha Very Happy

When I had salon laser treatment, I would shave, have the treatment and then the hairs would seem to keep growing. In fact, they were just poking through the skin and when they reached a few mm long, they could be wiped away. The results were permanent/very long lasting. This sounds much more like the effect of using the VISS so I will be doing more research on this device. Sounds interesting but I'd have to be confident that the product gremlins had been ironed out.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:26 am      Reply with quote
sarah.november wrote:
redness fading is a huge plus factor, if that really is happening with you!i feel like a lot of people with acne, the redness is actually half the problem. do you actually have any active acne/pimples at the moment?

yes...unfortunately...and I zapped it...and it fades. Smile

Dennis

Use this to quote without the asterisks

[*quote] copy and pasted text [/*quote]

Posy less
PosyLee wrote:
they were just poking through the skin and when they reached a few mm long, they could be wiped away.

That is what is happening here....am pretty happy with this machine.

Also heard back from C/S and all is well. They are backlogged with business and doing what they can to catch up.

As mentioned earlier....removing negative posts I don't think is a good thing. However, depending on the content, who knows? If a problem is resolved and the poster doesn't return to to update the situation, I can understand.

Personally...I love this little machine...and will be suggesting uber strongly to my mom to get one.
casey1202

Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:21 am      Reply with quote
All,

Thanks for your feedback and advice about the VISS IPL Hair Removal System. I've enjoyed reading the comments and find them very helpful. I do appreciate it. I just came across this on their website...

We are disappointed to report that a very small percentage of VISS IPL Hair Removal System that shipped prior to July 26, 2010 to certain regions of the world had an issue with the internal voltage converter. A red “Error” light coming on the VISS IPL system readily identifies this issue. Please be assured that this in no way compromises the safety of the VISS IPL system.

VISS Beauty will replace these units free of charge and provide free shipping for any customers who were affected by this. We will also pay for any expenses incurred to have the unit returned or provide an International DHL Corporate account number for fast and easy returns.

So, it sounds like the problems some here have reported are now confirmed and the company is taking steps to rectify the issue. I find this VERY reassuring. Click on vissbeauty . com / us / august-announcement (Sorry! You'll have to remove the spaces as I can't post links to external websites since I am a new member) for the entire text.

Cheers!
sarah.november
5% products discount

Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:10 am      Reply with quote
dragoN,
it fades(diminish in size?) the acne? that is miraculous!!('Surprised') can i ask what type of acne you had/have?
so sorry dragon, i'm always bombarding you with questions...

casey1202,
thanks for that! that IS quite reassuring, i have to say. i'm glad we're moving forward =) hopefully, HOPEFULLY, we'll be okay from here on out...
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
We are disappointed to report that a very small percentage of VISS IPL Hair Removal System that shipped prior to July 26, 2010 to certain regions of the world had an issue with the internal voltage converter. A red “Error” light coming on the VISS IPL system readily identifies this issue. Please be assured that this in no way compromises the safety of the VISS IPL system.

This is exactly what the previous machine and the current machine are doing....Hmmmm...it's still working though. So...we shall see. The red light comes on at level 6.

Sarah
sarah.november wrote:
can i ask what type of acne you had/have?

Nothing major anymore...Retin A had zapped that crap for years. Switching to OCM and laying off the Retin A....and MC well....it came back with a bit of a vengeance. Zap it with the bulb, and the next day....much less. Mind you...I also slap on the RA...but after a good zap...the redness fades very quickly.

Bottom line...I really like this machine and I am loving the hair removal aspect of it. Works like a charm now. Very Happy

Hairs that are growing out...literally fall out. Armpits....Way way slower regrowth. I am truly amazed...those puppies can sprout a good 3mm over night...and not now they aren't.

Having this lovely little gizmo...I can remove from places that I would never have considered paying for in the past. ie. Legs, bikini line, armpits...and at a fraction of the cost. Cannot complain one bit about that!

Great little gizmo.
DennisVuitton
5% products discount

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
The red light comes on at level 6.

My lights are green from 1-5. And red from 6-8. It's normal for this to happen to the Viss. It's just telling you, that you're entering the more higher settings.
sarah.november
5% products discount

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:52 am      Reply with quote
my sister just got her machine today!
i can't wait to have a go at it...*fingers crossed* please please please let it work fine.

what level of intensity do you guys use for hair removal? haha i know this sounds stupid but i'm not sure whether i'm a category 2(Beige) or category 3(Light Brown)... i wonder if everyones machine blinks red when it goes above 5? makes me feel uneasy heh.

dragoN, what level of intensity do you use for the skin bulb? after you do the whole face, do you wash the gel thing off? or ...just wipe it off with a cloth like it says? i'd rather wash it off but not sure if that's okay... sigh. now that i can actually have a go at it, i feel nervous especially doing it on the face!
DennisVuitton
5% products discount

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:46 am      Reply with quote
sarah.november wrote:
my sister just got her machine today!
i can't wait to have a go at it...*fingers crossed* please please please let it work fine.

what level of intensity do you guys use for hair removal? haha i know this sounds stupid but i'm not sure whether i'm a category 2(Beige) or category 3(Light Brown)... i wonder if everyones machine blinks red when it goes above 5? makes me feel uneasy heh.

For my underarms, chest, belly area and thighs I use level 7.

And for my lower legs and arms I use a level 4. Because it's much darker than the other areas haha. It's been exposed to lots of sun.

At first I also felt uneasy when it turned red from 6 and onwards. But I found out that it's normal. So nothing to worry about.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Dennis Vuitton,

Thank you for letting me know about the 6-7-8 turn to red light.

Sarah,

On the skin bulb, I have used level 3. Skin cleared up really nicely. I am really really really liking this thing.

Re: Hair ...level 6. Seems to do the job just fine so far.
BrookeAnne
5% products discount

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I do have another question for u dragon, since u seem to be the VISS pro now. How easy is it to get it in tight spots like your upper lip ? It seems like the business end is kinda big. Also I have a few spider veins, don't know if you or anyone has tried to use it on them yet. Someone I know is curious as to whether it can work on a beard or not so as soon as I get one will be experimenting on that as well.

Brooke

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |