Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Permanent Makeup Report!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Last week, I had permanent makeup applied as eyeliner to both my upper and lower eyelids and so far - I love it!

I was really starting to look washed out without makeup and this has saved me! Further, it was becoming impossible for me to find a liner pencil that doesn't smear or run on me Sad

Next, I am considering a very light application of permanent makeup on my lips to bring back a light rosy pink.

Anyone had permanent makeup applied to the lips?
How did it work out?

Thanks, BF
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
I myself haven't had perm lip color but have a friend that did. When she first got it, it looked great but it faded quickly due to all the licking and moisture and high exfoliation rate. It faded unevenly and it looked pretty bad and it was obvious it was a 'tatoo'. I can't recall how long it was until it started to look bad though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
I had permanent makeup done with eye liner and lips 10 years ago and I still LOVE it! I haven't had to have any enhancements and it looks great.I only wear lips gloss on my lips and they really look nice. I did have my total lips done...not the outline. These are my lips. ImageYou would have been shocked to have seen my lips the day I had them done....remember the wax red lips you see at Halloween???that was me! The person that did mine told me she needed to put lots of color to begin with because within days it fads....she was right. At the time I had them done I had to go back three or four times to get additional color put in(that was the protocol then....now it may be very different).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
From a few people that both have permanent make up and one who does it, they have to have it touched up every 6 months? I don't know if it's different state by state or if the dyes, procedure is different now, but that's what I have been told recently?? hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've thought about having permanent eyeliner in the past because mine always ends up messy. But what's stopped me is that I kind of like waking up "ugly" and then applying makeup to "rescue" the situation. I think if I had the permanent makeup, I'd still wake up ugly and have no means of improvement!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I've thought about having permanent eyeliner in the past because mine always ends up messy. But what's stopped me is that I kind of like waking up "ugly" and then applying makeup to "rescue" the situation. I think if I had the permanent makeup, I'd still wake up ugly and have no means of improvement!!

Having seen your pic's after your peel there is not a thing ugly about you! You look amazing even red and swollen, after healing you look fantastic and much younger than your age! If you want permanent liner go for it, you can still embellish on your natural beauty all you want!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've seen those older women in my country with permanent eyebrows done and it looks fake though. I can tell they did them years ago because their tattooed eyebrows look green!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
I've seen those older women in my country with permanent eyebrows done and it looks fake though. I can tell they did them years ago because their tattooed eyebrows look green!

I've seen them done on women of all ages here in the US and the dyes they use and the expertise of the person who did them makes them look very natural. I have not ever seen any that turned green? Maybe that's the dye?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Keliu - Thanks for a good laugh. I appreciate what you write. Cheers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:00 am      Reply with quote
The only thing is that the dye they use might have metals in it and can interfere with some medical tests i was told..

The other thing is that for me I would like to change my eye makeup every day.
I don't really have the same look I wear for a month straight.

My sister though, she wears black eye liner,brown eye shadows,then black mascara..every day for a ton of years now.

Maybe it is good for decisive people who like to have a consistent look.
I still have not settled on an eye colour yet Laughing
(have many colored contacts,but only because they are prescription..wouldn't bother if I did not need for vision correction.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
The only thing is that the dye they use might have metals in it and can interfere with some medical tests i was told.

Never heard that before - what about all the people with body tattoos?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I had my eyebrows done. I love it. I had it done 2 months ago. They look better everyday. My eyebrows before looked untamed. Now they look groomed and shaped. Very happy I did this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
The only thing is that the dye they use might have metals in it and can interfere with some medical tests i was told.

It's a maybe especially with permanent makeup, I think that's why the people I know have fading quickly compared to say Toby, they only use inks that have no metals?

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=33890

MRI complications. There have been reports of people with tattoos or permanent makeup who experienced swelling or burning in the affected areas when they underwent magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). This seems to occur only rarely and apparently without lasting effects. Tattoo pigments may also interfere with the quality of the image. This seems to occur mainly when a person with permanent eyeliner undergoes MRI of the eyes. Mascara may produce a similar effect. The difference is that mascara is easily removable.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I had my top eyeliner and eyebrows tattooed on about 18 months ago, I love it, just wish I had done it 20 years ago!
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Next, I am considering a very light application of permanent makeup on my lips to bring back a light rosy pink.

Anyone had permanent makeup applied to the lips?
How did it work out?

Thanks, BF

BF - yes I've had my entire lips done, with touch-ups each year or so. The sun fades the color so it is advised to wear a lip-sunblock. You must carefully choose your technician, who should be an expert in color to ensure that your rosy pink won't turn orange.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

It's a maybe especially with permanent makeup, I think that's why the people I know have fading quickly compared to say Toby, they only use inks that have no metals?

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=33890

MRI complications. There have been reports of people with tattoos or permanent makeup who experienced swelling or burning in the affected areas when they underwent magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). This seems to occur only rarely and apparently without lasting effects. Tattoo pigments may also interfere with the quality of the image. This seems to occur mainly when a person with permanent eyeliner undergoes MRI of the eyes. Mascara may produce a similar effect. The difference is that mascara is easily removable.

My ink has no metals and was done at a medical center by a nurse.I was told no metals so MRIs could be done without a problem. It was more expensive but still good ten years down the road..... very worth it! Most of the medical facilities in my area that are doing permanent makeup suggest touch ups 5 to 7 years later.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Toby,

I shouldn't have used you as an example I think some places can and do tattoo deeper with safe dyes while the spa's down here aren't allowed to use the same equipment or dyes.
There are those that might still use metal based dyes although it's not the best choice. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

I was told it can interfere with MRI or CAT scans and it applies to body tattos because there can be metal in the dye.

this is kind of why you can not wear anything metal for some medical scans.

I'll try and find some info online.

----------
[b]The FDA also warns patients that if they have an MRI scan, their tattoos can swell or burn, presumably related to the metal in some inks.

--------
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/family-health/articles/2008/07/25/the-dangerous-art-of-the-tattoo.html

whole article is there with lots of info!
-------------

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/MRI-scan/Pages/Who-can-use-it.aspx

---------
Some people with tattoos have reported a burning sensation during an MRI scan. This is because some tattoo ink contains traces of metal. If, during the scan, you experience any pain related to your tattoo, tell the radiographer immediately. Covering the tattoo with an ice pack during the scan may help to prevent further burning.
Mirielle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
What is permanent make up? Is it some sort of tattoo?
gloria777
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Toby, what brand of lip gloss are you wearing in your pic? It looks so pretty and shiney. I cannot find any lipgloss that stays on long enough to even get a pic!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Permament makeup is like a tatoo and the dye that is used in most places does not have metal in it and is very safe for MRIs. Make sure you check it out before hand.

The lip gloss I use is buxom by bare esscentials...it really puffs up the lips and stays on as long as any I have used. I like a coral color...it goes with every thing. I order off of ebay..Bare Escentuals Essentials Buxom Lips( Lacey). I am addicted to it! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:04 am      Reply with quote
I just tried Clincians Complex lip gloss and plumper and it really works.

It has niacin and peptides and makes your lips look fuller for about 1 hour.
I am going to use it for all my pictures this season Smile

I wish it was cheaper or I'd use it more.
I got the shade Almost nude.

I also hear Colorescience gloss is good!
gloria777
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies, for the names of the lip glosses!
gloria777
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa shopper, You mentioned that you use Clincians Complex lip gloss, and I would like to know if you use any of their skin care products also? Their prices looked pretty reasonable. Where did you pruchase your Clincians Complex from? Thanks
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Permament makeup is like a tatoo and the dye that is used in most places does not have metal in it and is very safe for MRIs. Make sure you check it out before hand.

The lip gloss I use is buxom by bare esscentials...it really puffs up the lips and stays on as long as any I have used. I like a coral color...it goes with every thing. I order off of ebay..Bare Escentuals Essentials Buxom Lips( Lacey). I am addicted to it! Wink

I have around 4 of the buxom lips from BE and they are really nice just like you posted they plump up the lips and lasts! They are silky on and not heavy or gummy. Smile

Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |