Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
A few questions about coffeeberry
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pixie_lady

Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there Smile

I'm so pleased I found this forum, i've learned so much about DIY skincare!

One thing that has really caught my attention is coffeeberry. I would love to make a super antioxidant serum to wear in the morning, and ideally, I want it to contain 10% coffeeberry,and then acai, pomegranate and maybe green tea. Now I think that coffeeberry and green tea will be powder extracts, whilst the pomegranate and acai will be oils. How do I combine these ingredients, and will I need to use an emulsifier?

Also, can anyone tell me of where to purchase coffeeberry? i can only find it on SkinActives. I am UK based but don't mind ordering from abroad if I have to!

Thank you Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Smile

I did a bit of searching and I only found it where you did, other than in capsules for internal use. If those are pure coffeeberry extract inside they could be used probably?

As far as mixing water soluble and oil soluble ingredients you do need an emulsifier or the serum will separate constantly. Smile Some may feel you can just shake before each use, but I am not a fan of shaking antioxidants, JMHO. Smile

Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply. Is there any emulsifier you can recommend? Is there any guide as to how much emulsifier I need to add per 10ml?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I have been using PRIORI CoffeeBerry Brightening Facial Complex that I got from EDS for over 6 months and I love it. I rotate in at night with my C Serums. It has a very creamy texture.
Priori has a coffeberry line, you might check out their ingredients.
Garden of wisdom is a great site for DIY skincare and if they don't have it email them and ask them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:46 am      Reply with quote
pixie_lady wrote:
Thanks for your reply. Is there any emulsifier you can recommend? Is there any guide as to how much emulsifier I need to add per 10ml?

I would suggest checking the emulsifiers if you want to DIY, They will give you a guide as to which are oil in water or water in oil specific and also the percentage to use of each one for your formula.

http://www.makingcosmetics.com. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Seems like Skinactives has a UK distributor. Check their site again... And I think they have an antiox cream already made up... (in case you're interested)...

Best...

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Thaks all for your input.I didnt realise that Skin actives has a UK distributor, thats handy!
Although I would like to try the Priori cream I would still like to have a bash at making my own, I'm just trying to do as much research as possible so I don't muck it up in terms of quantities and adding the right components at the right time etc.

Has anyone here tried using coffeeberry in their own DIY recipes?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Garden of Wisdom also has coffee berry serums. I know they have 1, maybe 2.
pixie_lady

Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I saw that GOW do a serum with coffeeberry in. I was thinking of purchasing it and adding more actives into it, but I'm still not too sure about quantities and whether it would dissolve properly in it or not.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |