Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

the use of clindamycin....PLEASE HELP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kmhdcdance

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
my doctor prescribed clindamycin but didn't tell me how to use it and i only have the few directions written on the package but they are only so helpful.
my question is with the directions : they say to apply the lotion twice daily for 15 days but what happens after that??? when do i use it again???? when i have a breakout or the same time the next month?? i need to know because i have 5 refills of this stuff. if anyone could answer this i would be much appreciative.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Can't you just ask your pharmacist?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I use clindamycin gel for acne. I apply it daily. IMO to prevent acne, like most topicals, it's only helpful when used daily. If you use it only when you have a breakout it may help heal the acne but its not preventing the it.

I suggest calling your dr's office and asking for more specific instructions since your dr may have a reason for those instructions on the label.
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I used Clindets (which is clindamycin saturated facial wipes).

I find it is helpful to heal or stop acne for a while, but only while I am using it. It prevents, but when I stop using it, the acne returns.

I still have couple of prescription refills, but I do not buy it. I find it is rather expensive for a temporary solution, so I keep it as a last resort, if I need an emergency sure help to clear the skin (like for a special occasion).

Besides Clindamycin is an ANTIBIOTIC, so it is a big NO-NO for continuous use.

Meanwhile I am looking for a holy grail to treat the acne internally and topically to stop it for good.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I have the clindy-T-Gel, which is a dabber. I just use it as a spot treatment on acne, just where and when needed.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with ella-stella in that you shouldn't use antibiotics continuously. I am a microbiologist and we know that an emerging problem, especially in North America, is bacterial resistance to antibiotics. When you use antibitoics, you secrete some in the water stream (from urine or feces or from rinsing your skin, depending on hoew you take the antibitotics). Highly diluted amounts of antibiotics in the environment (in this case, of the sewer) increase pressure on bacteria to become antibitoic resistant.

Now that my science spiel is over, to the actual cream! try using it for two weeks, then the acne should die down (it will take a few das after the bacteria have been cleared for the inflammation in teh acne to go away). Start again when you have your next break-out.
It's not a good idea to only dab it on for a few days and stop. This will kill some of the bacteria, but not do a total wipeout of them all, so you'll see the acne come back fairly fast. By treating for 2 weeks, basically the clindamycin does a clean sweep of your skin surface, so you won't have the bacteria reirritating your skin and causing breakouts. As a ntoe to that, when you are at 7 or 8 and day 14 or 15 of treatment, wash your pillowcases, sheets, and bath towels, so that you don't recontaminate your face with bacteria.
One more thing about clindamycin: I have found that the roll-on format that I used discolored my pyjamas (I put it on before bed).

I hope that it’s working for you!
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
why not ask your doctor which is more professional.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |