Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Skindream Titanium
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I just received a reply from the company where I purchased the ultrasound device from. They said not to use it on the thyroid area. Also, the treatment schedule is so different for the Bellaire 2 MHz device that I own. You are supposed to use it daily for a week then every other day for a week and so on. I wonder why treatment schedules are so different for these two ultrasound devices.
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Hittin40 - I don't think you should go to 100% until you have tried the device for at least a couple of weeks. I moved up to 100% about a month after use & felt that overall improvement really kicked in when I did so, by this time my skin had, had time to adjust to ultrasonic treatment.

Packratman - The Skindream does not mention anything about avoiding the thyroid area which I took to mean that I could treat it as the rest of my neck. I am fed up having to leave this area out with my other gadgets & am sure it will become an elderly wizened patch because of it Laughing So I have boldly gone......blah blah. Have not dropped down with anything ghastly yet nor been aware in either a surge nor subsidence of energy because of it.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy I agree with you about this. If you don't have thyroid problems then why avoid this area? I use other devices which say to avoid this area and it is annoying. Although some of the people on these forums think it is an area that should be avoided. Can anyone else comment on why they think many devices give this instruction? Thank you.
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy, thank you for your reply. I did use the skindream last night at 100% and my face was quite red after, but my skin is looking pretty good this morning. today I will try it at 50% I have been reading up on the posts regarding ultrasound use on the face and it seems that most literature, studies, etc state that 1MHz is best to be used on body only and that it may ultimately do harm to the face. Is anyone concerned about that? I couldn't find anywhere on the skindream site about the wattage or joules which apparently is more important than the actual 1 MHz.Anyone have any input on that?
havana8

Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Hittin40 wrote:
Cooking Katy, thank you for your reply. I did use the skindream last night at 100% and my face was quite red after, but my skin is looking pretty good this morning. today I will try it at 50% I have been reading up on the posts regarding ultrasound use on the face and it seems that most literature, studies, etc state that 1MHz is best to be used on body only and that it may ultimately do harm to the face. Is anyone concerned about that? I couldn't find anywhere on the skindream site about the wattage or joules which apparently is more important than the actual 1 MHz.Anyone have any input on that?

Myself, I have tried contacting at least three different Skindream sellers with my own concern about this and none could offer any comment. One referred me back to this paragraph on the website:

Quote:
There are two different frequency systems used, 1 MHz and 3 MHz. 3 MHz systems only reach the epidermis (outer layer), while 1 MHz systems reach all layers of the skin, down to the connective tissue, and are still regarded as "state-of-the-art". Following countless trials and research studies, the optimal intensity of sound (measured in Watts per square centimeter, W/cm²) that is still safe has been calculated at 0.5–1 W/cm². The SkinDream® unit is the perfect combination of controlled penetration depth, optimal intensity and simple and safe use with no side-effects. In 2003, MediConsult developed the first "SkinDream®", which immediately met with wide acceptance in cosmetics businesses and, above all, in homes. The SkinDream® TITANIUM was presented to the world in 2009. The first, and so far only, cosmetic ultrasound system for home use that features its own hand-made titanium sonic head.

http://www.skindream-titanium.com/en/ultrasound/what-is-ultrasound.html
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:59 am      Reply with quote
I couldn't afford the SkinDream Titanium. But, I feel much more comfortable using my 2 MHz Bellaire Ultrasound. I still don't understand how you can use 1 MHz on the face. I was researching the other ultrasound threads and someone received this reply from a doctor regarding the strength of an ultrasound device. He said the usage of an ultrasound device depends on the watts output per sq cm. Maybe this explains why the SkinDream can be used on the face at 1 MHz. Of course, I don't know what the proper watts per sq cm would be. Other than the titanium head, I don't know what would make this much better than a cheaper device.
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Here is what it says on the Skindream website:

"The SkinDream® TITANIUM uses the relatively new technology of cosmetic ultrasound. Ultrasound waves at a specific frequency (1 MHz) and signal strength (2 levels: 0.5 or 1 W/cm²) are “sounded” into the skin with the help of a coupling medium (special gel). The combined thermal and mechanical actions immediately and (when used regularly) lastingly improve the skin metabolism. Collagen and elastin synthesis is significantly increased, optimizing skin regeneration. The additional phenomenon of sonophoresis (“opening doors” in the interstitial spaces of the skin) allows active ingredients and biomolecules to penetrate down to deeper layers of the skin".

"What is the difference between the two settings (50% and 100%) you can choose on the SkinDream® TITANIUM?" ..... 50% stands for 0.5 W/cm² and 100% stands for 1 W/cm². As a rule, one should always start off at 50% (especially for the face), and should only select 100% if the skin and the underlying connective tissue shows a poor response (often seen in people of low weight or smokers) or if one is generally unsatisfied with the results. When used in the décolleté area or on larger body surfaces, one can begin at 100%".

"Why is the sonic head of the SkinDream® TITANIUM made of titanium?.......Titanium is a very light, yet very strong metal with excellent vibration characteristics, and elicits no known rejection responses from the human organism whatsoever. It has been used successfully in medicine (even invasive medicine) for many decades. The quality of the sonic head and its vibration characteristics are the most important component for successful and effective cosmetic use of ultrasound. The effectiveness of the titanium head and its harmlessness when used on human skin are considerably better than conventional alloy sonic heads (most often made of aluminum alloys)".

"Why does the competition use much shinier, better looking sonic heads?".......The titanium sonic head is ground from one piece, but has not been additionally coated. This results in a somewhat “rougher” surface, which may not look as good, but which significantly improves the efficiency and harmlessness in use".

"Other systems have lots of buttons for setting specific frequencies and intensities – why doesn't the SkinDream® TITANIUM have those?".......The best action of cosmetic ultrasound is decided by the type of sound (continuous ultrasound), the penetration depth (1 MHz), a sufficient, yet still safe intensity (0.5–1W/cm²) and, overall, the quality of the sonic head. We designed and built the SkinDream® TITANIUM with all these parameters in mind. We also place utmost importance on ease of use. That is why we spared all the additional functions that achieve no demonstratively better action".

"Can I damage my skin by using the SkinDream® TITANIUM?......Given the low intensity and the specific frequency (penetration depth), skin damage caused by cosmetic ultrasound can be practically ruled out. Nevertheless, you should not use it too often or for too long. The same rules apply to cosmetic ultrasound as to homeopathy: less is more – consistency brings success, not intensity!"

I continue to be delighted with the Skindream & my skin has never looked better, it is quick & easy to use, which means I will continue to use it (although the positive results would ensure this too).

I hope the extracts above, taken from the Q&A section of the website, help answers some of the questions being posed here.
www.skindream-titanium.com

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi i am just checking in to let you know how im getting on with the skindream ,i feel as if the results are slowing down slightly,but it could be i am very tired and have changed my diet to green smoothies so i might be having a detox .I still dont get the red face or warmth at all and i am on 100% now.I will continue to use and hopefully will see the results i want in a few months.I will keep you posted kind regards marcia
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies. I have not been able to use my skin dream more than once but I plan on starting to use it regularly starting tonight. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks Wink
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - has anyone got any updates on this gadget? I am wavering between this, the Palacia HF device and the STOP...

Thanks
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Karenlee,
What are the issues you are trying to work on...we might be able to give you more insight if we know your trouble spots. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Toby

After years in the sun (sailing, scuba diving, general beach life - which, to be honest, I'd do all over again! Very Happy ) my skin is looking a bit poor.

I have a very ruddy complexion (when I was young people used to compliment me on my rosy cheeks!), eyelids are starting to droop and I have the beginnings of crepey eyelids (which started about 2 years ago - I'm 47 next month) and which I think I've stopped, but wish to reverse a little).

However, my bugbear is the slackness around my mouth/chin area - while I never had spots as a teen, from around 30 I started getting severe acne on my chin/mouth area with my PMS. Treating these spots with drying lotions over 10 years seems to have killed the collagen in that area, and it looks very droopy/slack. (I went on Roaccutane eventually at 40, and had totally clear skin for about 5 years, but now I get the odd PMS cyst in the same area, and it really looks bad.)

I also have a very severe frown (11s) - inherited from my mother! I am probably the most laid back, easy-going person I know - never been on anti-depressants, never really bothered by much, yet people are always telling me to cheer up! Sad )

I also have sun damage on my chest (blotchy, bumpy skin), and some mild stretch marks on my breasts (jogging!!)

So - I have a Safetox for the 11's, and I've seen slight improvement there (ie, out of the sun, my frown looks about 80-90 gone, but under harsh light it looks as bad as ever.)

I purchased Environ Focus Frown Serum and their cosmetic roller about a week ago, and I'm hoping for some results there (I've already seen an improvement in crows feet - they used to join up with my smile lines, but now stop just over the curve of my cheek).

I also purchased their C-quence 3 serum, creme, and toner which I use with the roller.

I have just re-introduced copper serum in the am, with a little retin-A, and I use the Environ in the pm.

I have a 1.5mm dermaroller which I use monthly, concentrating on the sag. I prepare with retin-A, roll, and apply copper afterwards.

I have a Baby Quasar - I haven't been using it regularly until the past 2 weeks; I am trying to remember to use it twice a week.

I have a Tua Tr'end, which I'm currently using about 4 times a week. (I like to have a day or two per week to give my face a complete break).

I do a Tanaka about 1 x week (more gives me spots).

I cleanse with Clarisonic once per day about 5 x week.

I have a Derawand which I just pulled out of my gadget box yesterday.

And, I have a Zeno - probably my favourite thing, it really does zap those zits!

I have cycled using copper/retin-A, emu oil with other brand-names (Estee Lauder top end @£300) and then back to simple ingredients; currently really liking the Environ. The most success I've had is with my neck - somewhere along the line, I managed to virtually eliminate the crepiness that was developing there.

Sorry, that was a bit long!

Rolling Eyes

KL
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:08 am      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
I purchased Environ Focus Frown Serum and their cosmetic roller about a week ago, and I'm hoping for some results there (I've already seen an improvement in crows feet - they used to join up with my smile lines, but now stop just over the curve of my cheek).

Hi Karenlee. Sorry to go off topic everyone, but can you tell me more about the Environ Frown Serum?
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:31 am      Reply with quote
HI karenlee well you defenitley have a arsnel of gadgets a bit like myself.I too have used environ for around a couple of years but i have now changed to karin herzog for a while just for a change as i felt my skin had got used to the environ but i def would say it helped with keeping my skin line free and clear.As for the skindream i have been using it for nearly 4 weeks now the first wek my skin looked amazing .But i am looking for results in scarring from acne so i feel that this is going to take time to resolve.I know cooking katey has had good results from it too but she not sure if that has been from skindream or slendertone face which i have also or maybe a combination of both.I think the skindream is a long term commitment as im sure it will take a while for the collagen to start building again.But you are def on the right track with the roller,i have used 1 for nearly 2 years and find it helps keep any lines at bay.I hope this helps the skindream is very very expensive but i think it will show great results down the line.kind regards marcia
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, marcia

The skindream is expensive, yes - which is why I've started a new thread pondering the wisdom of buying further gadgets, or selling what I have and buying a proper salon machine. I will be doing research this week.

Rileygirl - The frown serum info is as follows:

Environ®'s Ionzyme Focus Frown Serum works to soften muscle activity around the eyes and forehead, visibly reducing fine wrinkles and frown lines.

Usage:
* Preferably treat the skin with Environ Cosmetic Roll-CIT™ / Focus-CIT™ and then apply 1-2 drops of serum to the entire forehead area and sides of the eyes particularly where crows feet are visible.
* Wash hands immediately after use.
* Use morning and evening.
* Suitable for all skin types especially skin showing fine lines and wrinkles.
* Suitable for all ages but recommended for mature skin types.
* A sun protection SPF 15 or higher, such as Environ RAD SPF15 or Environ Alpha Hydroxy Day Lotion SPF 15, should be used every day.

Benefits:
* Targets complex chemical processes in a safe, mild and non-invasive way, to relax and soften fine lines and wrinkles
* Argireline®, Leuphasyl® and Vialox® work in synergy to minimize deep frown lines
* Preservative and fragrance free

I must say, I love using the Cosmetic roller, after my 1.5mm dermroller, it is so painless!

KL

PS - I've taken some photos, if I get proper results I'll post them in a week or so (after the recommended 'results in x weeks' is up)
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Karen. I saw that info on the frown serum. I was more curious what it feels like after applying it, does it leave any film on the skin, etc., and does it have an immediate effect for you?
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, it is a thin, watery serum.

When it dries, my skin where I have applied it feels a teeny bit tight, but the minute it is dry I follow it with the C-Quence serum, and after that I don't feel it at all.

It combines well with the serum, ie it doesn't pill or anything.

(The serum/creme I am struggling to get used to though - it leaves my face as shiny as a mirror, which I loathe). *Editing to add: I like the results, though!

KL
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:46 am      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
Rileygirl, it is a thin, watery serum.

When it dries, my skin where I have applied it feels a teeny bit tight, but the minute it is dry I follow it with the C-Quence serum, and after that I don't feel it at all.

It combines well with the serum, ie it doesn't pill or anything.

(The serum/creme I am struggling to get used to though - it leaves my face as shiny as a mirror, which I loathe). *Editing to add: I like the results, though!

KL

Thank so much, Karen! I noticed the shiny look after the C-Quence, too, which I don't like either.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
My face gets shiny with the C-Quence 3 as well. Do you also find that it smells like glue? I like Environ products. I buy them from the first for skincare website. I am pretty sure they are authentic because they are shipped from South Africa where they are manufactured. I also use the C Boost, Essentia Oil, and the Debut.
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
An update. I have been have used the skin dream maybe 5 times since i last posted. I am really liking what i am seeing. my skin is super clear, alomst glowy. Since I'm also doing flex effect, i cant really say if it's firming or not and it would most likely be soon to tell. I have been using at 50% about 8 minutes per side and my face gets really red after. I have small shallow acne scars that i would love to get rid of so I'm hopeful that this might do the trick if my results keep improving. I also have the stop and think it is great for firming. If i could just find a way to incorporate the two. If anyone has any ideas..?? For anyone considering the purchase, I have not had buyer's remorse what so ever. It is quick to use and you can also use on your body which I plan to do at some point.
Smile
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Hittin40 - thanks for the update. I'm keeping my eye on this thread, as this gadget sounds quite good - esp. since Dr F. of Environ believes they are good to use inbetween rolling.

Regarding C-Quence shine - I received a sample of Dermalogica's Multivitamin Power Firm, and have found spreading a thin layer of this on top of the C-Quence serum totally takes away the shine. It also consists of A, C and E.
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi i am just popping in to give you all a update of my skindream experience.Well i am on my 5th week and i do feel my skin looks better all over ,more fresher and clearer .I have not seen a difference in the acne scars as yet but as i said before this is going to take time.I still do not get the redness when using it or the warmth ,so not sure why, when they say you should for a good result.Cooking katey- Now that im finished my 4th week do you think i should now use the skindream every second day instead of every day? Have you changed how many days you use it?Also how long does everyone use it for on each part of the face and neck ? How is everyone else getting on with it would be nice to have a update kind regards marcia
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Marcia36, sorry for delay in reply, life has been rather hectic!

I now try to use the Skindream every second night, but don't fret too much if several days go by without me managing to use it. I think twice a week is fine, but I like using it & the results.

About once a week I apply MD Skincare Hydra-Pure Vitamin C serum, then the Skindream Phytogel on top & have a treatment which is not washed off but left on over night, the results in the morning are always great (a useful thing to know if a special day is coming up).The rest of the time I use the basic Skindream aloe vera gel on thouroughly cleansed skin, I use my Clarisonic to wash my skin with Skin Doctors face wash, I also use this after treatment to get the aloe vera gunk off, which I do not like.

Keliu has asked (on the Slendertone Face thread) what other topicals I am using.On a daily basis, the 2 brands I am using, mixed about, depending each day on how I feel my skin is looking & feeling, are Skin Doctors & La Therapie (French!).

In the Skin Doctors range I have the Vitamin C serum, accelerator & day & night cream. Whether you are applying the day or night cream the serum must go on first & dry, followed by the accelerator, allow it to dry also & then follow with day or night cream. I am also using the Gamma Hydroxy cream, the Retanew cream, Rapid Peel (once a week, when I remember!). During the day, on top of that lot the Skin Doctors Supermoist with SPF 30 is great, & specially designed to go over all the working products.

For the La Therapie range, I have the 10% Glycolic day cream with SPF incorporated & the 10% Glycolic night cream.

I have now stopped scrubbing my face, or exfoliating or using the Timepeel, the 10% glycolic plus the Skin Doctors Gamma Hyroxy do a far superior job of sloughing off dead skin cells & I will not return to manual methods again.

So all of the above are used in an ever rotating cycle depending on my skin's needs.

If you were to ask me which gadgets (toys Laughing) I would not throw out of my pram, but rather hug close to my chest & not want to give up, I would list the Skin Dream, Slendertone Face & Safetox.

.....and there has been another nail in the coffin since I last typed here on EDS as I am now 53 Shock

topher

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I just bought a Skindream, and although I haven't received it yet, I am really excited to try it out! Will definitely keep you all posted on my results.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Just saw this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdVjQ2JMQ2Q

Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |