Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SAS - bad 1st impression
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MissCleopatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
OK, i hate writing negative reviews or comments, but this has been niggling me and i wondered if anyone else had a similar experience with SAS.

Basically im a newbie, trying to discover & absorb as much info about skin Actives, DIY beauty recipes and anti-ageing skincare ingredients in general.

When i joined EDS recently i found the members here so knowledgable and helpful. I was recommended to join SAS for even more indepth info regards active ingredients in DIY skincare, and i was excited to see what i could learn from the forums there.
I spend HOURS every single day, pouring through old posts etc and do my best to find out all i can before posting questions, but as im a newcomer to using more than a simple cleanser & moisturiser, i just needed a little help with some questions i had, about creating a nice starter regime using SAS products....

Unfortunately Dr Hannah was obviously annoyed at my 'newbie' questions, and proceeded to lock TWO of my unanswered posts without answering any of my perfectly reasonable questions, other than leaving this rather dismissive, unhelpful (and rather rude?) reply to one of them:

"There is a lot of reading you can do in our website, starting with the old newsletters. You will find most of your questions have already been asked and answered.

We have members that have been with us for 5 years or more and it is nice to keep the questions fresh.

Also, please use the spell-check, it is not perfect but it helps."

Im really quite shocked! I may not have the most perfect English in the world, but i've never been ordered to spell-check my forum posts in such a way before! I re-read my post, as i always do, and didnt see any obvious mistakes. Why would someone take the time to make such an issue of a simple spelling mistake, when there were so many 'helpful' answers she could have given to my questions... yet chose to pick me up on my spelling instead. I've never known customer service of that manner before!
And as i've already placed one order with SAS (as soon as i joined, in fact) im clearly not a time-waster, troll or other such unpleasant character! - i was preparing to make another order, with whatever suggestions were made for me. I'd hoped to place my order by now, but with no suggestions or advice offered im still lost as to what to purchase (the whole point of my question-posts).
I can also assure everyone i most certainly DID go through a tonne of old SAS posts and articles before posting my questions, but there are just SO many wonderful actives and so much to learn about each one that it's rather overwhelming for a complete beginner with no skincare or science background whatsoever. That's why i thought to ask those with higher knowledge than myself!
Surely new customers will ask questions that have been asked before. To swatt up on hundreds of minds'-worth of skincare info in just a few days is, im afraid, beyond me! - isnt it good customer service to try to help new customers as much as possible? Yet Dr Hannah saw fit to not answer ONE of my questions regards her products. I just dont get it. Sad

Sorry to moan - its just upset me slightly, as the SAS products do look so good and i was really hoping to get an SAS regime going to address these depressing 1st signs of ageing Sad
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - Yes, there are quite a few people who are put off by Hannah. The forum there is a joke.. if you post anything negative or challenge responses you get blocked.
I have had better response with Skin Actives by sending an email directly. However, you will never get more than a one or two line response.

With that being said, the SAS Antioxidant Booster is one of my "Holy Grail" products and it is the only place online that I can find that sells coffeeberry extract. They also have great prices overall. I am going to be trying the LMC serum soon. So, I will continue to make a purchase there because of the quality product.

Sorry you were frustrated... been there! This is a great forum and we will all help you as much as you can.

Also, look at Garden of Wisdom or NCN proskin care... they have EXCELLENT customer service and also have fantastic products.

Smile Emily

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my Gosh! - i just found this message from Dr Hannah at SAS in my email inbox. I think it was a while ago?:

"Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 17:00:18 -0400

Marie,

You have to work harder. I had to ban you from the forum, because you posted several repetitive questions.

Let's try to keep things organized and we will be able to help you.

Hannah"

I dont understand what's meant by "You have to work harder"? - if it's regards research, i have been sat trawling posts & info from early evening to 1-2am for the last 3 days, and my brain is fit to bursting! I simply cant learn everything so quickly, and trying to is just confusing me further!

There was certainly no reason to ban me from the forum either - a simple message stating that a couple of my posts may be slightly repetative would have sufficed. I was simply trying to get some advice regards which SAS products for my needs.

To be honest i feel a bit bullied - i never imagined id be treated so poorly as a new customer of SAS. Sad
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Oh My! That is horrible! To ban you for asking too many questions..

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...what horrid customer service!! She must not need any new business. Rolling Eyes

Heck, I would buy via her ebay auctions just so that you could leave her negative feedback after that.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Erg - yes, the products do look and sound amazing, and im still eager to try them. My 1st order of MAP, HA, Ferulic Acid & SKB, for a DIY vit c serum, is on it's way.. but i was hoping to try some of their ready-made products too - whichever would be great for 30yr old, prematurely ageing, dull, lacklustre skin with large pores, fine lines & some congestion. (LOL great skin, huh?!) - I was thinking of LMC Serum & possibly Twilight Cream, but im not sure if that covers me for things like Peptides or proteins or any other important anti-ageing actives? (its all new to me, and im still learning of new actives i never heard of before, so im not sure which of the actives are the most important ones for me. .. that's what i was trying to find out on the SAS forum!) Sad I have a limited budget, but i was really hoping for a great all-round anti-ageing regime, purely from SAS. (Of course im happy to consider other sources too now) If anyone has any advice or recommendations id be so sooo grateful!

Im still upset though with how Dr.Hannah's attitude towards me. I cant help but feel its somewhat personal, as iv seen many of her replies to other SAS members are helpful and informative, even newcomers looking for product regime advise like myself, but as she doesnt know me that doesnt really make sense. Unless she just doesnt like the look of my face (avatar) lol. Im quite sensitive so its definitely upset me. Good manners and helpful customer services were not on offer for me! Sad

I shall definitely check GoW & NCN out. Thanks so much for your recommendation. xx
MissCleopatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
LOL Bethany! .. just some nice customer service, decent manners and a bit of HELP would be good enough for me! Sad
Hehe, your post made me laugh tho! Wink Bad Grin
Darn, i feel like im fumbling in the dark here though! Sad All i want to know is which of her products to buy!!! xxx
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thinking about previous posts here, I see LMC and the I Bright cream recommended the most. I haven't seen many reviews on other ready made products... I am interested in trying the Anti-Aging Cream with Resveratrol. Has anyone tried that?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
This is a major LMAO, sorry but it's a recurring theme with that forum. Many people have been just dumbfounded after a dressing down and being banned from the forum. I never joined but it all just seems absurd! I know people here often ask about something that has been covered in the past and all that happens is they are provided nicely with a link to the thread(s) that would be most helpful! I don't get the attitude there at all! Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:11 am      Reply with quote
OMG that woman is certifiable, she really is. I can not bring myself to order products from them anymore. Don't feel bad, That is one crazy bish lol
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:14 am      Reply with quote
MissCP

Pretty nasty response from them...ick...not nice, unpleasant and at that point, I would not order from someone like that. I would not reward poor customer service with my future purchases.

NCN has a much nicer group of people working there. Perhaps check them out. I have enjoyed very nice service and responses.

Bulk actives as well. John may be a bit abrupt, but the service and the time he spends with a person is not to be disregarded. Most of the stuff you were ordering from them you can get else where and at better prices.

As for the ready made products...I won't bother. I will come here and ask my redundant questions, when I can't find the info using the search parameters....I'll post another thread.

Learning and helping each other is a beautiful thing...some people it seems forgot where they started out.

What I know, I will share, what I don't know...I will say so. *meh* shoot me.

Anyhoo...hope you feeling a bit better knowing you are not the only one having been dealt that snotty set of cards from SAS.

And
*note to self*...Never order from them.
bellableu
5% products discount

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:10 am      Reply with quote
That's the behavior that drove me off of that forum years ago. Hannah is just, ugh, I don't know, but let's just say she lacks social skills ... Wink

I regularly frequent the GOW board, where the same questions also are asked again and again, and I'm still there because the people are lovely. Smile I highly recommend GOW - much wider range of quality raw materials, pleasant atmosphere. The finished products listing can be a bit overwhelming and disorganized, but no one will yell at you for asking questions.

41 y.o., fair, dry, sensitive, mild to moderate rosacea (inflammatory *and* flushing). Minimalist approach to skincare is working for me. Interested in gentle anti-aging treatments (acupressure, massage, exercise, LED) Smile
MissCleopatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for your support.

I wonder if GoW, LotionCratfer or NCN do any versions of the following SAS products?:

*Lets Make Collagen Serum,
*Twilight Cream,
*Enzyme Peel (or other strong, acid or enzyme facial peel product?),
*Anti-Aging Cream,
*Bright I Cream,
*CHAS Serum,
*Mitochondrial Cream.

There were so many products that looked great at SAS and i cant bare to let my skin keep aging and deteriorating at the rate its started to since i hit 29yrs old. At last cleansing cloths and occasional basic olay moisturiser is not enough for my skin! Sad
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
MissCleopatra wrote:
Thanks everyone for your support.

I wonder if GoW, LotionCratfer or NCN do any versions of the following SAS products?:

*Lets Make Collagen Serum,
*Twilight Cream,
*Enzyme Peel (or other strong, acid or enzyme facial peel product?),
*Anti-Aging Cream,
*Bright I Cream,
*CHAS Serum,
*Mitochondrial Cream.

There were so many products that looked great at SAS and i cant bare to let my skin keep aging and deteriorating at the rate its started to since i hit 29yrs old. At last cleansing cloths and occasional basic olay moisturiser is not enough for my skin! Sad

I'd suggest GOW's Collagen serum (http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/6991547/7010934.htm) as an alternate for Let's Make Collagen. The GOW product works nicely and is smoother in texture than LMC. I find LMC to be gritty.

GOW's Eye Majik, may be a substitute for Bright-I. http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/7116431/7245514.htm I've used the Eye Majik with the Cosmocil and without. Both are nice.

Both of those GOW products are also sold in sample sizes.

I've not used the GOW creams, but I've heard they have a popular one with Renovage in it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
NCN also has a great pumpkin enzyme mask/peel that is a major favorite around here, I got a sample with a purchase and will definitely purchase a full size and continue to repurchase! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the NCN Pumpkin Peel is one of the best out there - 30% glycolic acid. I use weekly, very strong and effective.

The GOW product with the biggest raves seems to be the new Magik Renewal Serum with Renovage. I love that myself, but decided to do a DIY version. (Simple Recipe: just 5-10% Renovage from Lotion Crafters to 90-95% oil). Doesn't *feel* as good as the Magik Renewal but I am on a budget. Smile

For CHAS substitute: Try BLT serum or Chock Full of Vitamins. They also have a new coffee berry serum which sounds good. GOW has a lot of antioxidant serums but these two seem to have the most actives.

Let us know how you are doing -

wave

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Miss Cleopatra - Totally understand your
frustration with SAS and Hannah. AM afraid she is getting a little more impatient as she gets older.

I have used some SAS ready made and actives from
tehm. I try to get most of my actives from GOW now except the few which are unique to SAS.
Make my own verion of mitochondrial cream using
masome of the more important actives Hannah
states need to be included with the mito.
Your best bet is to buy the unique actives
from Hannah, look at the actives in the ready made from Hannah, and try to duplicate some of
those recipes. I do buy the LMC and the Bright
I didn't work for me but the LMC does. Also
purchase the coffeeberry and mito extract from her but most of the other actives I buy from GOW. Bought a couple redy mades from GOW and wasn't as impressed but try the couple ready mades which the EDS forum members have mentioned. Another good site is Lotioncrafters
to puchase actives. Good luck! DiPhx

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I really LOVE the sound of NCNs Enzyme Peel - that is definitely going on my wishlist.

Thanks everyone. x

By the way, to anyone who's interested, my ban was lifted on the SAS forum and Dr.Hannah insists on continueing to criticise and borderline insult me almost every post i write.
If her products werent so amazing i would never contemplate going anywhere near the SAS forum, but i have a genuine interest in her products (and to learn about combinations of actives etc).
I've just had two well thought-out questions deleted by her, because i went over my TWO posts a day - she said she could not allow me to monopolize the boards. WTH?! Isnt the whole point of a forum for 'discussion'? - why delete perfectly acceptable posts? I made sure that i could find no repeats of my Qs in old posts and im sure others could have learnt from the answers i received too - possibly increasing her business, so why the hell delete my posts, other than to 'bully' me? It seems she's doing everything to try to upset and alianize me - including constantly insulting my written english, slanging me for the odd spelling mistake, when i've already noticed at least 3 spelling mistakes written by Dr.Hannah herself, and many by other forum members (who she never feels she has to openly humiliate). I did mention that english was my 2nd language and that i was trying my best - only to have her respond that english was her FOURTH language! (arghhhh! how rude! She is over 60 and im 29 - she's had a hell of a lot more experience than me and STILL makes mistakes from time to time... which she clearly hasnt noticed herself, seeing as they're on forum information pages, articles etc). Ugh, i feel like im back at school with a wicked headmistress who despises me!).
The thing is, i dont know why im her main target lately - im a sweet person, with a genuine interest. Why would she feel the need to target me in such a hateful way.. Sad
I could go on and tell you more, but i guess you get the idea - iv bought 2 orders from her in the fortnight iv known about SAS too Sad
This is depressing for sure.

Moan over! Sad xxxxxx

Skintype: 30s, combo/oily, dehydrated, dull, possible SD (lots of surface oil but dryer/tighter/flaky below on t-zone), large pores, congestion, uneven texture, first signs of ageing, deep naso-labial folds, fine lines & dark undereye circles. Also addressing acute stretchmarks on stomach & hips due to pregnancy & weight loss.
MissCleopatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Ugh, i cant edit my post above for some reason - was trying to correct the spelling mistake of 'continuing' Embarassed Rolling Eyes
LMAO - what can a girl do?! Embarassed Laughing

Skintype: 30s, combo/oily, dehydrated, dull, possible SD (lots of surface oil but dryer/tighter/flaky below on t-zone), large pores, congestion, uneven texture, first signs of ageing, deep naso-labial folds, fine lines & dark undereye circles. Also addressing acute stretchmarks on stomach & hips due to pregnancy & weight loss.
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Cleopatra,I use the Anti Aging Cream,Bright I and LMC and love them all.I also really like the Anti Ox Booster.
BTW,I obviously can't get into your locked posts to see the whole story,but member Nolight did provide you with quite a bit of advice. and I hope mine helped,too.Take Care...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
MissCleopatra wrote:
Ugh, i cant edit my post above for some reason - was trying to correct the spelling mistake of 'continuing' Embarassed Rolling Eyes
LMAO - what can a girl do?! Embarassed Laughing

Don't worry about it...we're not going to pick you apart here!

But keep in mind that by continuing to purchase from her, you are telling her that her horrid behavior is acceptable. Confused

Regarding this statement: "If her products werent so amazing.." I have used several products from SAS, and frankly they were NOT amazing, so please don't let her brainwash you. The only product I have continued to purchase is ELS, but the other products just didn't work for me. There are lots of other options out there for you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6r2xlpUu6c

You'd think she'd be nicer to her customers considering a picture is worth a 1000 words... I don't mean that to be bitchy, I'm just drawing the conclusion (based on what I see), that with all those goodies at her disposal, she hasn't found any miracles.

Maybe she should get a LED Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

You'd think she'd be nicer to her customers considering a picture is worth a 1000 words... I don't mean that to be bitchy, I'm just drawing the conclusion (based on what I see), that with all those goodies at her disposal, she hasn't found any miracles.

Laughing Laughing Laughing That is a VERY good point, Kassy!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:46 am      Reply with quote
MissCP
Quote:
The thing is, i dont know why im her main target lately - im a sweet person, with a genuine interest. Why would she feel the need to target me in such a hateful way..

Who knows?

Nasty is as nasty does.
(((HUGS)))Miss CP....don't let her get to you ok?

Kassy-A....at 69....my mom looks better and she doesn't do a dang thing for herself. *sigh*

Okay...maybe not that much better...but not much different.

Me thinks MissCP it would be better to trust in the ladies here at EDS. So far....has proven to be a good thing for me.

Kassy-A I made the Vit C serum with the SKB the other night...I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

Am gonna give some to my GF at work too. Very Happy

Have you considered writing an email downloadable booklet or something of that nature for the heck of it? Cuz I know who might buy it
<----- moi.

Because of yourself and your genuine kindness in sharing and helping the newbies { moi } I think you have taken a few years off my visage...and several hundred out of my account Laughing

And....I know where to get SKB for dirt cheap now Smile Lurrrv that stuff!!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:15 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing That is a VERY good point, Kassy!

I thought the same thing, so it's good to know I am not the only one to feel that way! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |