Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Suggestions for Products to Remove/Fade Scarring on legs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
KOrson

Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
So I need help with removing some ghastly scars on my legs and arms. My legs are by far the worst.

I have pretty sensitive skin. I'm sensitive to certain products and particularly to any impurities in my skin. Whenever I get a blackhead or ingrown hair its almost as if I can feel it in my skin before I can see it. I don't consider myself to scar easily but I just tend to scar after picking at things in my skin too much. It doesn't help that I'm a little OCD and have a particular irritation with un-smoothe skin.

I mostly get ingrown hairs on my legs like crazy. An esthetician once told me that ingrown hairs are usually the product of the hair being too fine and not being able to break through the skin's surface and thus, it clogs the pore and sebacious (sp?) oils envelope the hair creating an ingrown hair. Which makes sense. Except that I have always shaved my legs (and yes, I admit it, I shave my arms too) and I was under the impression that shaving makes the hair coarser not finer. Lately I have been making it habit to use a body scrub on my legs before shaving the make sure all of the hair is free from the skin which has been helping in preventing the blackheads and ingrown hairs but isn't really doing anything for the scarring.

Some of the scars are really dark (but not old) from my constant scratching, etc. while others are pretty fresh and somewhat pink but definitely healed.

Needless to say I have forced myself to get better about scratching and picking but unfortunately the damage has already been done. It has become a bother because I'm only 23 and all of this scarring has prevented me from wearing shorts or sleeveless tops. Anyway....

I have been considering using reusable silicone sheets to fade the scars. But these scars are all over my legs - that's a lot of surface area which could get expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions on any products or a combination of products that could help? Also, I'm wondering if it would be helpful if I started waxing my legs instead of shaving - both for better absorption for any products and to prevent ingrowns from happening. Any thoughts?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi, KOrson.

I had terrible, terrible problems with ingrown hairs, no matter which hair removal methods I used. Shaving was bad, but waxing and epilation were even worse! I even tried products like Tendskin, which are meant to prevent ingrown hairs - but that just burned my skin and didn't work.

Eventually, I opted for salon laser hair removal and was delighted by the results. After 6 sessions several years ago, approximately 95% of the hair went and has not come back since. No more ingrowns!

I did have some scarring left on my legs and used a fantastic body lotion with glycolic acid as one of the ingredients. Unfortunately, the forum search engine isn't working for me at the moment so I can't find the name. Hopefully, someone else can recommend one for you.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
i don't have scarring...but have read that tamanu oil plus heliochrysum (immortelle) essential oil is great for scar fading...immortelle is expensive but a few drops in an oz of carrier oil can go a long way (cheapest place to purchase this eo at the best quality is atwww.mountainroseherbs.com)

however there is an already a blended serum for scar fading containing these ingredients (and perhaps a few other relevant oils) at wwwanandaapothecary.com....(i also buy single eo's at this site and trust their integrity 100%.)

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
i think the normal products is totally unuseful for the scars. You can ask your doctor if do a laser?
Gabby S

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Ive not only got scars all over my legs and bikini area, but they continue to come back. Ive been on so many antibiotics and none of them seem to work. Ive just had my third session of laser hair removal which is reducing the amount of hair on my legs and bikini area but Im not sure if its acually working to help my ingrown hairs from coming back. I dont know what else to do, ive been to so many different dermatologists and not one of them has been able to help me. What medications have you tried? Have you had a fugal biopsy done? Do you know if its a bacterial infection/fungal infection? Or a sebal gland problem?
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Mederma is a popular scar treatment. I tried it after having eye lift (bleph) surgery. I wasn't able to use it on my eyes unfortunately - it made them itch and burn ... but other's have used it and really liked it.

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides are another solution. I'm using Super GHK CP serum on my eye lids now. The discoloration is fading and the inflamation around the incision is getting noticeably bigger. They actually have a scar reduction system you might want to look at. Check out the Skin Biology thread here on EDS. There are some very experienced users who have been a huge help to me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the Skin Biology idea. They have a Combo with LacSal and then a CP lotion people really like. Also, I know that the silicon sheets work for scarring. There are forums on SB's site and try PerfectComplexion.com forums.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have scar on my knee (fell off from escalator during my 1st pregnancy, it has been 9 years) and currently using skin roller. I just start and will keep you post if it works.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |