Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

OCM breakout/purging period
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, all,

since breakouts seem to be a very common problem with OCM that seems to scare people off,
I wanted to ask you all if you had an initial breakout period? If so, how long did your initial breakout last? What did you do to make the breakouts stop (i.e. change the oil, cut down on OCM time, just waited it out)? What was your skin type when you started OCM, what were your skin issues? What is your skin type now? Which oils are you using now?

I think this would be really beneficial, as I think one of the problems keeping people from trying OCM is the fear of this initial breakout.
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Penta, as you know I've had the mother of all purges. And as you also know, I was being a little too compulsive with the massage. I was doing it for too long. Nevertheless, the horribly productive part is over, and now I do the 5 minutes, get a few blackheads and I'm done.
Prior to starting the OCM, my skin was clear, wrinkle-free, and normal (as far as I knew). However, my pores had gotten very large in the last few years, and that was my main concern with my skin.
Enter the buzz about the OCM. I tried it as a lark, but found to my amazement, that my skin was actually incredibly congested, hence the large pores. So as part of bringing out the congestion via the OCM, I had a darn good/bad purge when clogged pores didn't clear (the clogs were large and hard, not the usual black specks). I also got some deep 'underground' zits (3), one of which cleared up in 2 days due to the treatment I used for the purge: a mix of Decleor Ylang Ylang Aromesssence oil and Tamanu oil under the Decleor YY Night Balm at night, and under Josie Maran's SPF 40 with argan oil during the day. I think the Tamanu oil was key - it removed the inflamation in one day's time. The Decleor products were purifying and kept new zits from appearing.
All in all, the purge was worth the good result from the OCM. I bought a good concealer (J. Maran) for the first time in my life and just kept smiling. Very Happy Now I'm loving my refined and velvety soft skin. I wish I could tell folks why my congestion was so bad, or even why I had it, but that's one question that I can't answer.
Thank you for your support during my 'purging' time!
AmazingLife
5% products discount

Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Great post! I'd love to hear from more people about ocm purging...especially how long that period lasted. Thanks so much!
Laurie
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I can't really remember anything crazy happening, maybe a few small zits but nothing too upsetting. My skin used to have very stubborn congestion, but it had settled down by the time I started ocm. I definitely didn't have any full blown acne going on before or after. It was still icky oily though.. the kind where it looks like there's grease weighing down the skin, if you know what I mean.

I think OCM helped even out my skintone & hyperpigmentation. It became more bright/clear, the texture better and the (naturally occurring) oils don't look like they're saturated INto my skin anymore, just ON it when I get oily. I definitely became less oily and my skin very much more plump, healthy & normal all over as a result of ocm. I believe my pores look smaller as well.

When I started I used way too much castor oil so I had a lot of flaking. That's I think when I started using a steaming microfibre cloth, which has also been a godsend.

When I started, I tried massaging for a long time, but these days, just for a few minutes, when I feel like I want a deeper clean due to makeup or pollution/grime.

Its actually hard to say which has helped me most - vit c, ocm, microfibre or retin-a. I began them in that order, I believe. I'd probably have to check back in my eds posts to figure it out.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
havana8

Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
AmazingLife wrote:
Great post! I'd love to hear from more people about ocm purging...especially how long that period lasted. Thanks so much!
Laurie

There are also these threads with member experiences related to OCM purging that you might find helpful, Laurie:

OCM - Purging Stage Questions
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32872

I think I ruined my skin with OCM
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=43443

Welcome to the forum. wave
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Three months solid of a horror show....and nothing since.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |