Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review:Burt's Bees Pore Refining Mask-miracle for oily skin!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
fairy_dreams
5% products discount

Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have extremely oily skin. I would wake up with a shiny face and despite my efforts to wash and dry it out, I would end the day with an even shinier face. As a result, I had annoying acne around my T-zone.

I recently started using moisturizer in the morning before I put on makeup which really helps. And then I stumbled across something that I bought a few months ago, but never tried. Burt's Bees Pore Refining Mask!

I can't explain how much this has done for my skin! It's made from natural materials, and the main ingredient is French Green Clay which draws out impurities and extra sebum from your pores. After just a week of using it, I noticed that my skin stopped breaking out. It's been three weeks, and my skin has NEVER been this stable, ever. Smile

It comes in a little container as powder so it'll take some time to get the consistency right, but it's worth it because there are no preservatives added to keep the clay fresh and you can substitute any type of liquid (green tea, etc) for water.
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Is it one of the Burt's Bees products that is sold in drug stores and WalMart?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
Is it one of the Burt's Bees products that is sold in drug stores and WalMart?

ella-stella,

I found this store locator on the link goes by zip and will list the phone numbers so you can check if they carry it or not. Smile

http://www.burtsbees.com/store-locator.html

Store Locator
Our products are available at a range of retailers across the U.S. Some stores do not carry all of our products, so you may want to call ahead and make sure the product you want is at the store you're planning on visiting. And of course, you can always purchase our full line of natural skin care and natural hair care products right here online.

To find the stores closest to you, search by zip code or city and state in the location box below.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Thank you DarkMoon & fairy_dreams,

I am in Canada. Yes, this is the product I've seen in many stores here. I will give it a closer look now.
fairy_dreams
5% products discount

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
When you wash it off, your face will look a little red, but that's just a result of the increased blood circulation in your face.

I used to have really oily skin with acne so I used it everyday for a week and it controlled it amazingly well. Now I don't have big breakouts anymore and my face honestly does not produce any extra oil. It's incredible Smile

However, I read that if you use it too often, it can really dry out your skin which can backfire on you (your skin will produce more oil to compensate), so now I'm only using it once a week.

It's also great for those days when you forget to take off your makeup and you feel icky Wink This gets all the gunk right off (after you use a cleanser of course)!
c1ro

Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi fairy_dreams, Thanks for sharing.
I would like to try the mask. However, I couldn't find it in their site. Is it discontinued or they just don't have it in stock? TIA Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:39 am      Reply with quote
c1ro wrote:
Hi fairy_dreams, Thanks for sharing.
I would like to try the mask. However, I couldn't find it in their site. Is it discontinued or they just don't have it in stock? TIA Smile

Not fairy_dreams here but it's on there site, direct link. Smile

http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/face-treatments/

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi DarkMoon, Thanks for the quick reply Smile
I searched already, but I couldn't find the mask! Would you care to let me know within what sub categories? Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:10 am      Reply with quote
c1ro wrote:
Hi DarkMoon, Thanks for the quick reply Smile
I searched already, but I couldn't find the mask! Would you care to let me know within what sub categories? Smile

It's on the page the link goes to, but it is under Treatments if you check from the main page clro. Smile
HTH

ETA
link straight to the mask

http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/face-treatments/pore-refining-mask.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:33 am      Reply with quote
The first time I used this mask, my skin did feel refreshed, but I don't get the same results each time I use it. But it's messy and hard to get over your entire face. The green clay gets all over during the mixing process and is a pain to clean up.
hippie_sotong
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
i think it's way cheaper to just buy french green clay or kaolin clay from DIY skincare stores like gardenofwisdom. and it works equally well!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |