Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Looking for a BLUSH
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gloria777
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi All, I finally finished my Mac crean blush that I have been using for a year! Looking for something that goes on over my sunscreen. I found that the powder blushes tend to cling to my sunscreen, where as the cream blush works a little better with blending. Also, I have been applying my cream with a Mac 188 brush. Should I use a brush or my fingers. I have med to fair skintone. Thanks
Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:18 am      Reply with quote
I use a Stila cream blusher, I love it, I have had it for ages!! I have dry skin and have always used a cream blusher, I think it looks nicer, and I always use my fingers to dab it on, then you can build the colour.
gloria777
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bermie! What color do you have? I am fair to med. skin care. I think Ultra carries that line. Thanks
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I recommend Nars Cream Blush. I have been using it for a few years. Comes in a compact and I use my fingers to apply. It's nice because it is buildable coverage and glides over skin nicely. I put in on my cheekbones, across my forehead and down the arch of my nose, to give me a summer glow. I am fair-skinned with blonde hair and the color I use is called Penny Lane (peach color).

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Misty Pines!
jellybeangirl

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
nars blush in orgasm! it really is amazing and looks good on everyone:p i save it until the end when im done with the rest of my face bc it just makes me feel beautiful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Flitcraft and sister sweets turned me onto Julie Hewett cheekies. I've never been a big fan of cream blushes, but these have made me a convert. They really are the best cream blushes I've ever used.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies for all the faves on blushes! So glad I have plenty to check out!
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I am using Bobbie Brown Pot Rouge (nude). I love it
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I use Chantecaille AquaBlush and it doesn't clog your pores.
gloria777
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie, what color would you recommend for the Cheekie's for fair to med. skintone? Also, do you use the brush that they show on this site to apply the creme blush? I have never heard of this brand, but i see it has great reviews! Thanks
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
jellybeangirl wrote:
nars blush in orgasm! it really is amazing and looks good on everyone:p i save it until the end when im done with the rest of my face bc it just makes me feel beautiful.

I love it as welll .Looks great on everyone:)
fairy_dreams
5% products discount

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the cream blush suggestion! I've always been on the fence about it because up until now, I've used powder blushes. It doesn't last very long though and I heard that cream blush stays on for a longer time so I think I might have to go buy some Smile
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
gloria777 wrote:
Skippie, what color would you recommend for the Cheekie's for fair to med. skintone? Also, do you use the brush that they show on this site to apply the creme blush? I have never heard of this brand, but i see it has great reviews! Thanks

Sorry gloria - I'm just now seeing this. I'm pretty fair and I started with Rosie. But then later I bought Jami and like it much better. Rosie is nice but a little too dark. I have to really rub it to make it light enough for me. Jami is just right. I did buy the brush and am glad I did. I can't imagine applying the blush with anything else, because this brush fits the jar perfectly and transfers the color perfectly.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie, thank you very much! Thats what I wanted to know!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:05 am      Reply with quote
I really like Abbey St Clare mineral powder blush.
the blush is a powder but is seems to go on quite creamy and spreads very well.
I like all the shades and I think the Halo shade is close to Nars Orgasm-exept abbey St Clare does not have the gold glitter or Nars, so i like that better.

if you order samples you should have enough for a week or 2 with the sample baggies!
havana8

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
gloria777 wrote:

Sorry gloria - I'm just now seeing this. I'm pretty fair and I started with Rosie. But then later I bought Jami and like it much better. Rosie is nice but a little too dark. I have to really rub it to make it light enough for me. Jami is just right. I did buy the brush and am glad I did. I can't imagine applying the blush with anything else, because this brush fits the jar perfectly and transfers the color perfectly.

Another thumbs up from me for Julie Hewett cheekies. I have Natural and Peachie in the Mandy palette and find they both work with for my fair to light complected skin with Peachie being the one I use most out of the two. I do love the chubby cheeky brush but lately have just been using my fingers. Either or. Smile

If you are undecided about which JH cheekie color, there's always the JH Cheekie Palette that contains Natural, Peachie, Rosie and Jamie.

This is a good thread with more color info on the JH cheekies: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=497785&highlight=destiny#497785

I will probably order "Destiny" next based on Flitcraft's and SisterSweet's descriptions... Smile
Amyalex
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I just have to say I keep going back to Face Stockholm's creme blush in Athens. I love cream blushes for my drier skin type. And Face Stockholm's go on so beautifully - not too sticky; blends easily and lasts all day. I just adore this blush.

Funny thing - I just went to reorder this blush today and Athens is the one color they're currently out of stock (due back in this Thurs). Athens is a rosy color (and I'm fair btw).
gloria777
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Amyalex and everyone for the nice selection of blushes! plenty to choose from Smile Smile
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:16 am      Reply with quote
i agree with Nars Cream Blush and benifit.
Amyalex
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Gloria - I have to second Havana's rec for the JH Cheekie blushes. I totally forgot I have that in Jamie plus a shimmer and the brush (came in a kit from QVC). Gives great glow (like my Face Stockholm) and doesn't look like sitting on top of skin like a lot powders do on me. And do love the little brush. Plus you kind of need it to get in to her little jars.
Thx for reminder Havana! I just dug those out of my makeup closet.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |