Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

EDS Member PETS!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,
You definitely can relate with vet bills like that! Isn't it terrible? But they are so sweet, and we love them so much, what else can you do?
Someone on my dog list posted an article on things dogs had eaten. The one that scared me the most was a remote control- it didn't require surgery, just came out the "old fashioned way" LOL - but it was over a three day time period! I'd hate to be that dog's owner... Shock
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:
Bethany,
You definitely can relate with vet bills like that! Isn't it terrible? But they are so sweet, and we love them so much, what else can you do?
Someone on my dog list posted an article on things dogs had eaten. The one that scared me the most was a remote control- it didn't require surgery, just came out the "old fashioned way" LOL - but it was over a three day time period! I'd hate to be that dog's owner... Shock

And I would hate to use that remote afterwards! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:
Bethany,

OMG. Alexya, That would be very scary I know I would have mine at the vet in a heartbeat if that happened!

I had one rescue (actually a B-Day gift for my youngest)

After she was home for a week we found out she had Parvo, 10 days at the vet, did not think she would survive, once home I had to cook boneless skinless chicken breasts and white rice and puree it in the food processor because it causes a chemical burn in the stomach. Then test for heart worms positive, a few days at the vet and 6 weeks of crating they can't jump or get excited. As soon as she recovered we went to have her spayed and of course she had a major uterine infection so that was double the cost of a normal spay. We adored her just like all my animals, but I always teased my daughter that she had the most expensive free dog ever!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Pics of my cats playing games on the iPad....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Which cat wins. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:

Which cat wins. Laughing

Shelby the beige one is the high scorer...he puts his all into winning! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, that is soooo cute! ♥ Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Bethany, that is soooo cute! ♥ Laughing

Sandooch, it is so funny...I lay it out on the floor and they come running!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
My cats have a daily visitor....a crazy squirrel. He usually comes to visit them EVERY day in the screen room, but it has rained for 2 weeks and they haven't been out much. So he finally tracked them down in their 2nd favorite location...sitting on my desk watching the birds.

He visited yesterday, and tormented them a bit.

But today was the true torture....he came back to visit Bacardi, and eat a peanut in front of him. These are the same peanuts he previously ate on the ground....until he figured out it was FAR more entertaining to eat the peanut while he watched the cat show inside. Rolling Eyes

Crappy picture, but he is eating a peanut (in the shell) while he clings to the top of the window by his back legs. I think he's possessed!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
That squirrel looks hilarious! Is he clinging on your screen in the first picture?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
That squirrel looks hilarious! Is he clinging on your screen in the first picture?

Yep...he climbs all over the screen and licks water off it, even though there is a bird bath right behind him. You ought to see what he does in the screen room...he goes right down to ground level, and the cats poke at him through the screen. He runs back up, and then starts inching down to torment them all over again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:19 am      Reply with quote
What a bushy-tailed little sadist! He is really enjoying torturing his would-be predators, isn't he!

I keep my two cats indoors due to their health problems but one of them is obsessed with the Cat Sitting DVDs, especially the ones with squirrels and chipmunks. The long, bushy tail and fluid movements send her insane. Whenever we switch on the TV, she sits in front of the DVD box and looks at us, just like a little kid who wants to watch their cartoon shows.

I made a rod for our backs, though, by letting her watch Youtube animal and bird videos on our PC. Now she insists on sitting between the keyboard and the monitor, just in case the birdies and mousies make an appearance. It's very difficult trying to reach over her or see what on earth is happening on screen. Even worse, she sometimes decides to hunt and bite our fingers as they dance over the keyboard.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:13 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Yep...he climbs all over the screen and licks water off it, even though there is a bird bath right behind him. You ought to see what he does in the screen room...he goes right down to ground level, and the cats poke at him through the screen. He runs back up, and then starts inching down to torment them all over again.

Oh boy. I would not have a screen left if a squirrel did that with my dogs! That is one mischievous squirrel!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:14 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:

I keep my two cats indoors due to their health problems but one of them is obsessed with the Cat Sitting DVDs, especially the ones with squirrels and chipmunks. The long, bushy tail and fluid movements send her insane. Whenever we switch on the TV, she sits in front of the DVD box and looks at us, just like a little kid who wants to watch their cartoon shows.

I made a rod for our backs, though, by letting her watch Youtube animal and bird videos on our PC. Now she insists on sitting between the keyboard and the monitor, just in case the birdies and mousies make an appearance. It's very difficult trying to reach over her or see what on earth is happening on screen. Even worse, she sometimes decides to hunt and bite our fingers as they dance over the keyboard.

This is too cute! Your and Bethany's fur kitties seem to have such great personalities!
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I just discovered this thread. It has made my day! I am now, sadly, bereft of cats, but this brings it all back! Yes, wildlife programs were the favs of my kitties, too. We sometimes forget that they are just miniature lions, tigers and panthers. I'm pretty sure my cats all thought they could take that zebra down if only they could get inside the screen.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:55 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

This is too cute! Your and Bethany's fur kitties seem to have such great personalities!

My boy would certainly love to meet Bethany's kitties as he adores other cats. My girl would hate them as she prefers people.

The funny thing is that, whilst he's not so impressed with wildlife videos, my boy sat in rapt attention through the whole of the film Benji the Hunted. He is large, muscular and has a profile which very much resembles a mountain lion. I wonder it he thought the mountain lion and cubs in the film were his relatives? Laughing

Here's my big, handsome cougar in action:

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:00 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:

Here's my big, handsome cougar in action:

He is gorgeous!

I cannot get my dogs to watch anything on TV, and I think that is one of the cutest things to see. When mine hear an animal on the TV that is when they go wild and tear off outside in hot pursuit! Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

My boy would certainly love to meet Bethany's kitties as he adores other cats. My girl would hate them as she prefers people.

The funny thing is that, whilst he's not so impressed with wildlife videos, my boy sat in rapt attention through the whole of the film Benji the Hunted. He is large, muscular and has a profile which very much resembles a mountain lion. I wonder it he thought the mountain lion and cubs in the film were his relatives? Laughing

He is just beautiful! I have a soft spot for cats with any kind of orange markings. He reminds me of a orange creamsicle!

Mine stay inside only too, as I am not a proponent of outdoor cats....too many dangers these days. And Bacardi has some auto immune issues that are not conducive to encounters with other cats outside the current clan. But I did add a screen room last year, which I call the "catio" and they LOVE to sit out there in the sun. I said it was to increase resale and make by backyard more livable, but I know the truth, lol....I built it for the darn cats!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
But I did add a screen room last year, which I call the "catio" and they LOVE to sit out there in the sun. I said it was to increase resale and make by backyard more livable, but I know the truth, lol....I built it for the darn cats!

Don't feel bad Bethany, I once bought a really expensive motorhome just so my dogs could travel with me all the time. I remember talking to the salesman and he said peoples animals are one of the top reasons people by them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:23 am      Reply with quote
Riley - That's so funny! Mine sometimes go and investigate behind the TV. Laughing

Bethany - We live right next to a main road, that's another reason I prefer to have cats who need to be kept indoors. Over where you are, I'd be worried about the local wildlife attacking my cats.

The screen room is a great idea. We are just as much a push-over with cats as you are, since we had a conservatory built and a gas fire installed especially for ours. Unfortunately, whilst they love the conservatory and spend many happy hours in there, they are terrified of the fire and won't go within 6 feet of it! Rolling Eyes Laughing
AthleteKitty
5% products discount

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Ooh I love this thread and your cats are gorgeous. I have two myself, Giovanni and Sofia.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |