Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which is the best facial exercises to try?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
decent
5% products discount

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:01 am      Reply with quote
I've been reading about different facial exercise programs for quite some time now and I must say I still don't know what to choose. I read about the 6 most popular facial exercises programs and I don't know which is the one that suits me best.

My problem areas are my drooping eyelids and weak chin and jaw line. I also want to improve my cheekbones. If anyone have tried many of these facial exercise programs and would be interested enough I can show you my pictures for assessment and it would be very much appreciated if you could advise me which program to go for.

I saw the before and after photos of users on some websites and I would be discourage to try it when I see some have lost their charming looks on their 'after' photos while some have improved the excess skin on their neck but developed a thick muscle on it.
decent
5% products discount

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:32 am      Reply with quote
I noticed how Deborah Crowley's facial structure has changed over time. Her eyes and cheekbones are not as defined as before and she looks more masculine now. But I still find her beautiful. Her kind of beauty today is something you won't get tired looking at over again. But I also love her charming looks before.

One thing for sure, I want to try one facial exercise program not to look preserved and dead but to improve how do I look today in a degree that many would notice it esp. me and maintain it even if I continue or go slow with the program.
decent
5% products discount

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Some would claim good results quickly within the first week. I wonder how long will these effects last if they discontinue as early as that. If they continue and make progress, I wonder how long can dramatic changes begin to take place. I read that it takes 5 years for the facial bones to generate completely. After that long period of time, how can they say they won't achieve that looks had they not used the program? Who can tell? I'm talking about the facial development and not the sagging skin.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:44 am      Reply with quote
Your asking a tough question, because its just like shoes, there is no one size fits all. I don't think Deb Crowley looks masculine, but I do think her face has changed somewhat, but I know with what I read on their forum, that she was going through major health challenges, and to be honest I've just turned 60 and would love to look like her. Her eyes and cheeks and lips look great to me, and her neck and chest area is line free - I've got a couple of lines on my chest area I'm still working on but they're gradually fading now.

Which programs are you looking at?

Theresa
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
decent wrote:
I've been reading about different facial exercise programs for quite some time now and I must say I still don't know what to choose. I read about the 6 most popular facial exercises programs and I don't know which is the one that suits me best.

My problem areas are my drooping eyelids and weak chin and jaw line. I also want to improve my cheekbones. If anyone have tried many of these facial exercise programs and would be interested enough I can show you my pictures for assessment and it would be very much appreciated if you could advise me which program to go for.

Which are the 6 most popular facial exercises programs you relate to? Which are the websites where you were discouraged at the photos of before/after? Nearly all the programs claim to improve the areas you've mentioned.
Just my opinion here. Although I've been doing facial ex. for more than a year I still consider myself a newbie, and I ask a lot as I'm always discovering new ways of working out certain parts of the face and neck, no one only "system" has really worked on overall I mean on its own -there has always been pros an cons in my case, with cons in a very short time frame, one month usually; yet using this exercise for the neck and jaw line from one system, the other of another system for cheeks, the first one I knew for lips, talking to friends that come up with a more "aching jaw lift" exercise -leaving a muscle ache that then turns out to be a better contoured jaw etc, I'm gradually building up a personal schedule...with no cons, still on the look out of how to work out or massage my forehead without making it worse! So, I mean, I've actually made out a personal program taking exercises from here and there that I've found with experience that work well for me without making things go bad to begin with, no short cut as I expected to begin with, as I've ended up investing in various programs. Some say you may go through an "ugly" stage, which I went through in only three months of using first with one program and then after a rest, just about two weeks of another program, relaxed and started to learn, I was not up to continuing while the next eight months the rest of my facial muscles reacted to ugly stages, so taking it calmly now.
Sometimes one only program is excellent on its own for certain people, though by what I've read, I do know that when one gets started in facial ex. trying out new things seems to become a habit -seen this in the Flexeffect users /trainers, which I think is great as it really means they are not stuck to a program but really have an earnest interest in facial exercise, in Ageless forum many users try out different exercises, Carolyn is always trying out new methods, etc... I expect in fact that all programs are actually trying out new stuff, therefore their new programs appears after X years!
Embarassed Sorry for such a long post, probably haven't even helped you much either.
In any case, you can always PM any of the facial workers you see around to get more ideas. I certainly find it difficult to counsel you as I follow different specific exercises from various programs plus some made up ones!
decent
5% products discount

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Your asking a tough question, because its just like shoes, there is no one size fits all. I don't think Deb Crowley looks masculine, but I do think her face has changed somewhat, but I know with what I read on their forum, that she was going through major health challenges, and to be honest I've just turned 60 and would love to look like her. Her eyes and cheeks and lips look great to me, and her neck and chest area is line free - I've got a couple of lines on my chest area I'm still working on but they're gradually fading now.

Which programs are you looking at?

Theresa

Hello Ms. Theresa,

I exceeded the number of posts for the day so I decided to send this message yesternight via private messaging and post it today. Yes, maybe I was wrong to say she looks masculine now. But then again, I've also said her beauty now is something you won't get tired looking at. The first facial exercise program I've discovered is from Carole Maggio but after reading bad reviews about her and her program I'm not interested in buying her DVD anymore. The same thing goes with Ms. Louise Annette's Ageless if We Dare and Eva Fraser's program. I really liked the two but after reading reviews about the customer service of Ms. Annette and the non-showing of Ms. Fraser's before and after photos of her clients as well as her before photos, I've changed my mind. Although, I've heard of the dramatic transformation of one popular singer-celebrity, I still don't feel encouraged by her program overall. I recently contacted Ms. Carolyn Cleaves, and she was very quick to respond. And warm, too! I appreciate that. But some say her exercises are too time-consuming and hard so I'm not sure about it anymore. After that I checked out FlexEffect's site again when I read yesterday good reviews about the program. I am impressed by what I read so I returned to and navigated the site. I've visited the website before but I wasn't that interested before because I thought it is very 'commercial' and because her DVD is the most expensive than the rest. I was researching for the reviews but not about FlexEffect and I ended up on a thread that mentions bad CS of Ms. Annette and the good review for FlexEffect. I'm glad I read the review. FlexEffect is too pricey for me but if it's worth it and more then why not. I also found another two other programs which are not much talked about but looking at their before & after photos, they're amazing.

Since you use FlexEffect, would you recommend it for someone like me who wish to have a bigger looking eyes? My eyelids are drooping now creating a smaller and ageing appearance. I also want to improve my now weakening chin & jawline as well as to have plump cheekbones which I never had. Could you share with me any FlexEffect exercise for the eyes or jaw?

Thank you very much, Theresa!

Sincerely,

'decent'
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Sorry it wasn’t a criticism, I was just curious as to what made you think she looked “masculine” as such – as I didn’t see it. I think Eva’s program is very good actually and do return to it often. Maggio’s I just never feel like I’m doing correctly no matter how many times I’ve tried and its like shoes – there is no one size fits all. Eva’s doesn’t have before/after photos – not sure she is interested in showing that but she does have a huge following over here in the UK and when you consider she’s in her 70’s – she is the oldest one I know out of all those you mention.

Carolyn’s exercises aren’t time consuming. When you have learned them it only takes 15 minutes a day, but learning them always takes time in the beginning with any facial exercise program you do for sure. FlexEffect is good, but your find that there are many people who kind of do a mix and match after a while – as you learn about your face, and start seeing changes it becomes addictive. I do like both Carolyn’s program and FlexEffect and use both at different times, and whilst its often said FlexEffect is expensive, you do get your money’s worth as you get access to a forum where you get attention from personal trainers who are always willing to assist and give guidance, but you also get a huge book – with a lot of information in it, the dvd that demo’s everything, and a cd that does the counting etc for you – plus a training log to use, so its pretty much got a lot more than the other programs have, so its not really expensive per se (although it looks like it initially).

I cant share exercises with you from any system, there are laws against copyright infringement etc but if you visit the forum (and I think I’ve seen a post of yours there already) the trainers may give you an exercise if you ask?

Theresa
decent
5% products discount

Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:14 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Sorry it wasn’t a criticism, I was just curious as to what made you think she looked “masculine” as such – as I didn’t see it. I think Eva’s program is very good actually and do return to it often. Maggio’s I just never feel like I’m doing correctly no matter how many times I’ve tried and its like shoes – there is no one size fits all. Eva’s doesn’t have before/after photos – not sure she is interested in showing that but she does have a huge following over here in the UK and when you consider she’s in her 70’s – she is the oldest one I know out of all those you mention.

Theresa

hello Theresa Very Happy have you tried or are using Eva Fraser's program?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Yes Eva Fraser was about the 3/4th program I did when I started (about 9 years ago now), and I even went to her centre and had lessons with the lady herself, and so its a good program by all accounts. She's very big over here in the UK.
decent wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:

Theresa

hello Theresa Very Happy have you tried or are using Eva Fraser's program?
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:04 am      Reply with quote
I don't think facial exercise is working for eye drooping issue
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Which one you doing, I used to have very hooded and droopy eyes but am convinced the exercises got rid of it. Deb Crowley's eyes look fantastic to me for a 60 year old in the youtube video!
azumma wrote:
I don't think facial exercise is working for eye drooping issue
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:58 am      Reply with quote
ATester, what is the jaw LIFT exercise that you found out from friends?

Would be very interested to know!

tia

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
ATester, what is the jaw LIFT exercise that you found out from friends?

Would be very interested to know!

tia

Laughing It's a bit ridiculous really but I've tried it out and after doing it "seriously" - I mean repeat more or less ten times with a hold of ten counts- for a couple of days I actually had some aches on my jaw area,... and other areas... Let's see if I can explain. Not easy, so I'm going to try explain using dogs attitudes, the friend that came up with it has dogs, so do I by the way but never thought of copying their movements before, whoever has a dog or knows about dogs will understand pretty soon...

You imagine you are a dog, a boxer or similar race with a slightly protruding jaw, happily sitting on your porch, looking after the house,... suddenly you hear an odd sound, someone approaching..., you lift your jaw above a 45 degree because you're sniffing in the air wanting to know what is it you detect odd, you detect something not quite right and protrude the jaw -bottom teeth further forward than top teeth, and you pull back the muscles that lead to the bottom of the ears to show off the bottom teeth in a menacing manner as you growl (I don't mean that you smile pulling at the orbicularis oris or just pull back to show off your lower teeth..., I think, the Pterygoids is what comes into action plus temples and neck by the way if you imagine yourself as a really 'mad' growling dog) I mean there is an intruder approaching and in this position you tense up, jaw goes into a rigid protruding position, the bottom teeth show because of a growling, neck tenses, and even the sides of the face up to the temples and over feel taught and tense, eyes wide open... it is when I actually try out 'growling' and visualizing that I feel the whole neck, jaw, sides of face and even forehead tensing up, that really works, I hold for a count of ten and let go, this five times,... it is very liberating actually by the way, if one is actually 'mad' at someone or some situation it helps distress if you imagine that that person or situation is the intruse in your home and you growl at them.

Another far simpler one is just lift jaw over a 45 degree, open mouth slightly and without smiling just pull about from two inches from the corner of the mouth the corners of mouth towards ears, you should feel the jaw area tense up in aid of this movement (not the orbicularis oris) -plus the neck. Hold for a count of ten and release, or hold for the count you feel better with. This one actually sounds simple, yet the oricularis oris usually sets in, so it is not quite so simple, but I'm sure you, Jasminerosey will understand perfectly.

Sorry for the long post, I do hope I've made myself understood... yet I seem to have the feeling I have not expressed myself quite clearly.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
Just one more thing, decent, you may want to take a look a the Sante Marie Runge thread to get more info on facial exercises, there is still a free download version of her book and I do think it is good, nothing much really to envy other modern programs in the sense of exercises -no massages or other techniques there... in fact more the don't rub or scrub attitude which has nothing to do with the actual programs, but the exercises themselves are good.
HIH
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:34 am      Reply with quote
thanks, ATester for your detailed, creative response!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi, another thing is if you don't want to spend lots of cash on the dvds, I was looking around some online book stores likewww.alibris.com and bought a bunch of facial and skincare books for very little money. A few months ago I also got the Flexeffects 25th anniversary DVD and book package nearly brand new on Amazon for $17,and I have to say I've already noticed some changes in that short period of time. My eyes weren't droopy to begin with but boy, they look more open and bigger, even more definition to my cheek area and firmness. My one concern is I have TMJ and some of the exercises seem to effect it in a negative way, so I try different techniques.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:25 am      Reply with quote
The 2nd edition dvd is very effective in its own right for sure and does deliver results, but you know people are of course always wanting more and so Deb kind of listened to the feedback and grouped it together with the issues she was dealing with for the 3rd edition.

You know TMJ is something I’m learning more and more about but got to tell you that I think facial exercises are a real benefit to tmj suffers. Not to the point that you want to agitate it, or cause it to flare up and cause pain/discomfort, but there are gentle ways of working with the body to give it peace and balance. You might want to search the archive on the FlexEffect forum, as I seem to recall Jason (one of the trainers prior to me) had TMJ and worked out a couple of variations of exercise so he could work muscles without causing pain or causing the TMJ to flare up.
Angelfire wrote:
Hi, another thing is if you don't want to spend lots of cash on the dvds, I was looking around some online book stores likewww.alibris.com and bought a bunch of facial and skincare books for very little money. A few months ago I also got the Flexeffects 25th anniversary DVD and book package nearly brand new on Amazon for $17,and I have to say I've already noticed some changes in that short period of time. My eyes weren't droopy to begin with but boy, they look more open and bigger, even more definition to my cheek area and firmness. My one concern is I have TMJ and some of the exercises seem to effect it in a negative way, so I try different techniques.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sean, I agree and think it's just a matter of finding ones that will help. I'll check on the other forum you mentioned, because so far, I'm loving the results .
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
ATester, I love your description of the jaw exercise. I 'got it' immediately, and yes, looking in the mirror I can see a Great British Bulldog growling back at me. Perfect and best of all, I can feel all the muscles working. Bravo! Image
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for Flex Effect! Very Happy LOVE IT!!!!!
decent
5% products discount

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Angelfire wrote:
Thanks Sean, I agree and think it's just a matter of finding ones that will help. I'll check on the other forum you mentioned, because so far, I'm loving the results .

I'm happy for you! You know, I haven't obtained my FlexEffect DVD & book yet but I'm becoming more and more excited each day esp. when I read a new post about FlexEffect. I just content myself by reading more about it and by watching their YouTube videos. I'm happy about the fact that it's there and I can have it. all I got to do is to go and grab my copy. I'm excited about it. I wish I had known about it a long time ago. Very Happy Razz
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Flex effect is very reasonable when you consider for 125 you can accomplish what a 10,000 facelift can do.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
HippoMe wrote:
ATester, I love your description of the jaw exercise. I 'got it' immediately, and yes, looking in the mirror I can see a Great British Bulldog growling back at me. Perfect and best of all, I can feel all the muscles working. Bravo! Image

Embarassed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Just to mention, if I overdo it I get aches and pains on my jaw/neck for two or three days... very welcome though as it means the muscles are working out! Smile
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
i have just read one post that one girl do face exercise cause her bad skin and older than before. So i think to choose one which is the most suitble for you is most important. And i think to make the face carlm can keep the express lines.
decent
5% products discount

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everybody for all your thoughts shared in this thread. Every comment helps a lot. It just inspires me more. I'm currently sticking to one facial exercise program, and I have no any complaint so far.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |