Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Benefits I noticed from using Vitamin C serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
snowymtn wrote:
Actually I disagree with #7. When combined with vitamin E, C is much more effective. There are several studies demonstrating this and I was just looking at a pdf with a great chart comparing C alone with C and E. The antioxidants combined recycle each other. I'll try to find it the chart!

I am confused #7 is about Vitamin C derivatives?
Here is a quote from the beginning of the post:

I recommend everyone put Vitamin C and E onto their face daily because they protect against UV induced cell damage. It is this sun damage that not only causes premature aging but also skin cancers. However Vitamin C has other properties including being one of the few ingredients that has a science base to show that it reverses signs of aging to the skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
Oh no! I used it on my face both last night and this morning. What's going to happen now? Confused

Natalyn, don't worry about one study! It's just something to think about! Smile

Darkmoon I meant number 8, my mistake!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
snowymtn wrote:
Natalyn wrote:
Oh no! I used it on my face both last night and this morning. What's going to happen now? Confused

Natalyn, don't worry about one study! It's just something to think about! Smile

Darkmoon I meant number 8, my mistake!

Natalyn many people choose to use C both day and night don't worry at all as snowymtn said!

snowmtn,
I don't agree 100% with everything but found much of the information helpful, I have to go read #8 again! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
I think the point being made on #8 is that with a serum the ingredient that is in there in the highest percentage is water. For creams (even high end) it's usually oil in water or water in oil emulsion, usually again the highest percentage is water as we find oil in water emulsions more common. Many cosmetic companies use mineral oil as their oil of choice. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed Nufountain to ask them about the color changing from clear to light yellow. They said it's normal, and I'm using the bottle at about the same rate others are using, i.e. one month. They said it's still safe to use, but the dark amber color is the color I should not use if the C changes to that color. I just finished the bottle, so I don't have to worry about that any more. phew!
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
HI Natalyn,
It is normal for vitamin C to oxidize... it is just not safe to use. There is a lot of research out there to support this.

No need to worry about what was done, I just personally would never use oxidized C on my skin no matter what a rep from the company says. A lot of companies who sell vitamin C serums actually tint the serum orange or yellow to hid the oxidation.

That is why I use EDS and other forums... to get to the unbiased truth.

Just my 2 cents.
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with erg, I doubt any damage done with what little you used, but using oxidized C regularly is counter to what we use C for it's antioxidant effects once it's oxidizing it becomes pro-oxidant and not a good thing for our skin.
As to the companies selling exactly, they mostly will not tell you not to use an oxidized C.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Every1,

Just wanted to check every1s thoughts on how long tetra-c lasts. The medik8 rep said it lasts for a minimum of 3months without loosing any anti oxidant abilities, but as I was just reading on this thread sometimes reps lie! Also will tetra-c turn orange if its oxidized? Thanks guys Smile
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, thanks DM and ERG. I just opened my 2nd bottle, and the color looked clear to me. I'm going to be extra careful about adding air to the bottle, or allowing too much exposure to the light.

Is there a really really simply way to concoct your own Vit C Serum? Will just adding LAA to water work as well? I'm not good about DIY, which is why I ended up buying this serum from nufountain.

Also, would food grade LAA work on your skin? I saw on bio-alternatives web site that they now sell pure powder LAA with no filter. I was thinking if I can use this on my skin as well as as an internal supplement, it would be a good thing.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:30 am      Reply with quote
i use obagi, but see no difference.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |