Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Hi new user intro, I'm excited to be here!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone!

I want to say hi and introduce myself this is my first post! I really like this forum, I have learned sooo much and I have been “lurking” a lot, okay I hate that word, I have been "silently researching" lol, for a while now. I recently registered a few days ago and I plan on contributing to the forum, so you will see a lot of me Smile

I have all sorts of issues, first off my squishy skin. I say squishy because in middle school my best friend grabbed my arm and screamed that I had squishy skin, it became a hysterical thing amongst my friends and everytime we get together we reminisce about the old times and they laugh about my skin. I have compared my skin to others, like my boyfriend’s and his arm isn’t like that, but tight and firm. I also have loose skin on my face which makes me sooo self conscious. I have researched Ehlers-danlos syndrome and well those people have waaay too much stretchy skin and that makes me doubt that I have it. But prior to that I have been taking a supplement called Neocell Collagen I & II and let me tell you it made my skin a lot more loose and more stretchy. Freaky I know. Shock I recently stopped a few days ago and my looser skin is starting to become a little less loose.

I am also acne prone, been and 2 rounds of accutane which helped initially but came back with a vengeance. I want to say that my acne is linked to my loose skin but that’s another post.

I also have extreme nasal labial folds since birth I’m pretty sure. You can see it in my little kid pictures which bother me because I don’t have any fat underneath my skin, so my skin creases and lines form. I have researched this subcutaneous fat thing, and well that’s another post lol. They appear to look worse when I gain weight, but when I lose weight they look a little bit better, but with more sag.

I also have really big under eye hollows which make me have huge dark circles, this then again is inherited. I think there is a connection between the under eye hollow and saggy cheek but that’s another post as well Smile

Since before researching on this forum, I have tried face exercises, actually I have been doing them for a few years now, although I have to say that I have been really inconsistent with them, but I do get some results so I just need to keep them up. I have done Carole Maggio and am interested in other programs, silly me I thought she was the crème de la crème of face exercises so I didn’t bother to look anywhere else but tada I found this place and whoa. There are tons of facial execise programs! I have tried green smoothies but yet again been lazy with those, taking tons of supplements, multi, b complex, alpha lipoic acid, Vit c ester, Omega 3’s, EPO etc. I have a very Dr. Perricone way of life now, well sorta but I think he’s onto something. Anyways, oh currently I am using skinceuticals retinol .5% which is good and also using Derma E’s dmae alpha lipoic acid cream which I am chucking in the garbage because of the rancid smell and because I get a weird reaction to it. I want to improve my skincare but money is super tight right now, since I have become recently unemployed. But prior to that, I was able to get my hands on a Clarisonic and I think its been helping somewhat. Oh and tanaka! I have a lot of questions about that, but that should be another post, but I did try it and I have to say I think it is meant for people who have a good amount of fat padding underneath the face. My skin is loose and although it helped initially a teeny tiny bit, after about a week my skin looked a lot more droopy.

Anyways, I really am up for changing the way my facial skin looks and I would love to post before/after pics when I can. I like showing progress and I have pictures of me on a natural breast enhancement forum so I am not opposed to posting pics, especially if there is a good change. Okay well I hope this novel didn’t bore you, I am just saying hi wave and introducing myself. Hopefully I will continue to learn and grow here in this forum.

And by the way, I’m 24…yikes. I look a LOT older though Sad

Talk to ya’ll soon. Thanks for listening Very Happy

-Kari
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi..... welcome to the forum : )
Firstly, i think the most important thing to say is that we are all our own worst judge.....we can see things other people dont even focus on!
Fact - people have dark circles and tear trough 'deformity' all their lives and it isnt always related to aging! Beauty magazines give a totally wrong impression of normality.
Your skin may never be as firm as your boyfriends because males have more muscle mass and thicker skin.
If you really do have concerns about your 'stretchy' skin....a good idea may be to go and have your sex hormones checked - estrogen, testosterone etc are crucial to our skins health... and if things are way out of balance, this could explain it.
I wouldnt have thought you needed face exercises at a young age as these can exacerbate an already thin face. I certainly wouldnt do anything more than carol maggios toning exercises for now.
The best thing would be to get some retin a cream as it is likely more effective than an over the counter cream. You can buy it from online sites (alldaychemist is one.
Secondly, maybe a vitamin c serum would be handy too.
Your diet seems good..... so my best advice is to get your hormones checked!
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome Pinknika!

I am a professional however, find this forum more intriguing and well informed compared to my professional forums.

I would love to see this skin issue that you have. If could take a look at it, we possibly could have some suggestions and I would love to see your progress! I guess that it is just my curiosity and obsession with skin!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Jedder- thanks for your reply! I definately think this can be hormone related, I have been researching it for acne in particular and noticed a lot of correlations. When I have the money, this is something I am going to get checked for sure!

Miss Tina- Hi! I would like to post pics of my skin, I have taken a few pics already and when I can post them, I will. I think I have to have a certain amount of posts or something first. I am not too familiar with all the rules, but being so new I think I have to wait a while. But I will for sure, I want you guys to see and I want opinions!
Angus

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!
i am aami,.. I am new to the forum.
welcome to all here.,,, I know that forums are a good place to learn and interact with other people , so that People can share their experience with eachother.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Welcome pinknika and Angus. I hope you find this forum as friendly and helpful as I have. Harriet
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome Smile

As of right now, I am still experiencing skin issues. I noticed that the looseness and the sagging change during the time of the month. Today I went to a job fair and had a glance in the mirror and whoa! Skin looked saggier than usual. Right now I am almost done ovulating (tmi I know) but I notice that my skin was a lot tighter a week ago than now, so Jedder, you are on to something! I would like to post pics of the differences but I have to wait a while to up my status of new user.
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to our newbies!

Pinknika, a good supplement to try(I didn't see it on your list) is 1000mg of MSM to help tighten the skin. It's not a miracle worker but I love it and can tell it helps with firmness.

You'll love this forum..it's very helpful and friendly! Again, Welcome!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
SkinDeep38 wrote:
Welcome to our newbies!

Pinknika, a good supplement to try(I didn't see it on your list) is 1000mg of MSM to help tighten the skin. It's not a miracle worker but I love it and can tell it helps with firmness.

You'll love this forum..it's very helpful and friendly! Again, Welcome!

Hi and thanks for your reply, unfortunately MSM makes me break out. Something to do with excellerated keratin formation that MSM is known to do.
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I will have to watch my skin on MSM. I am very prone to breakouts and my skin has been breaking out more but I am on antibiotics right now to get my face in check...when I get off them, I will have to keep a close eye on the amount of breakouts I have.

Isn't it frustrating when you can't take/use certain supplements or beauty products b/c they cause/aggravate acne?

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
SkinDeep38 wrote:
I will have to watch my skin on MSM. I am very prone to breakouts and my skin has been breaking out more but I am on antibiotics right now to get my face in check...when I get off them, I will have to keep a close eye on the amount of breakouts I have.

Isn't it frustrating when you can't take/use certain supplements or beauty products b/c they cause/aggravate acne?

Pff tell me about it! There are tons of beauty products/supplements I think that would help me soo much if I didn't have this dang acne problem!! Mad

But you might be one of those lucky ones who benefit from taking MSM.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome Pinknika and Angus!
I've only been around here active for a year or so... the tons of info I found overwhelming to begin with -a couple of gadgets in store and one in use, I wanted to try it ALL to begin with, slowed down now. The gadgets in store are there because I never got the time to really try them out! But they are there and I'll try them properly eventually.
Just received a CP serum which I decided finally after a lot of thinking about it to try, could that help in the firming of the skin Pinknika?? I've only used mine for five days right now, so can't say much, just wondered if you had investigated on that.
Anyhow, the point is WELCOME Pinknika and Angus!! Smile
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to our new members! You guys will find loads of good information here. Some questionable ones also, so don't all try everything at once. Smile

Pinknika, when you mentioned nasolabial lines I immediately thought of Jennifer Aniston. She's had them since I can remember, and she looks great! Anyway, good luck in searching for the solutions.
ereperez
5% products discount

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I am ereperez. And i am new here.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:26 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
.....Just received a CP serum which I decided finally after a lot of thinking about it to try, could that help in the firming of the skin Pinknika?? I've only used mine for five days right now, so can't say much, just wondered if you had investigated on that.

AYE YI YI!! Don't risk using CP's if skin firming is your issue! MANY MANY of us on this forum had the total opposite effect...skin slack after using CP's. Personally, I wouldn't touch CP's with a ten foot pole. As for the acne issue and tightening of skin, I recommend the Anti Aging Light Stim, however, you would probably want to use the Acne Light. My 2 cents Cool

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Welcome Pinknika and Angus!
I've only been around here active for a year or so... the tons of info I found overwhelming to begin with -a couple of gadgets in store and one in use, I wanted to try it ALL to begin with, slowed down now. The gadgets in store are there because I never got the time to really try them out! But they are there and I'll try them properly eventually.
Just received a CP serum which I decided finally after a lot of thinking about it to try, could that help in the firming of the skin Pinknika?? I've only used mine for five days right now, so can't say much, just wondered if you had investigated on that.

Thanks! Definately a lot of information here! I did look into Copper Peptides for firming skin but further research has kind of scared me, lots of negative things about it so we'll see. Maybe I can be one of the lucky ones where it works really good. Can you update me on your progress? I would love to know.
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
ATester wrote:
.....Just received a CP serum which I decided finally after a lot of thinking about it to try, could that help in the firming of the skin Pinknika?? I've only used mine for five days right now, so can't say much, just wondered if you had investigated on that.

AYE YI YI!! Don't risk using CP's if skin firming is your issue! MANY MANY of us on this forum had the total opposite effect...skin slack after using CP's. Personally, I wouldn't touch CP's with a ten foot pole. As for the acne issue and tightening of skin, I recommend the Anti Aging Light Stim, however, you would probably want to use the Acne Light. My 2 cents Cool

Right, as I had replied to ATester thats what I have heard, so that is why I am hesitant. Can you give me more info on this Anti-aging/acne light stim? Is it a treatment? Gadget? Thanks!
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Blaze wrote:
Welcome to our new members! You guys will find loads of good information here. Some questionable ones also, so don't all try everything at once. Smile

Pinknika, when you mentioned nasolabial lines I immediately thought of Jennifer Aniston. She's had them since I can remember, and she looks great! Anyway, good luck in searching for the solutions.

Yes, Jennifer Aniston is a good example of that. However in her particular case, when she closes her mouth, her nasal labial folds don't seem so obvious and she has faint lines. Mine are already deep grooves!

Other celebrities who have these nasal labial folds, are Colbie Calliat, Julianne Hough, angelina Jolie. But they aren't exactly "folds" but just faint lines when they close their mouth. I don't really know how to explain it further but my skin isn't thick enough to have nasal labial folds like Jennifer and other celebrites. I truly have a line. Gosh I wish I can upload pics!!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
It is a gadget. Go to lightstim dot com and you can read about all the lights they offer. There is tons of info on the Lightstim on this forum, but it is under: SKINCARE TOOLS AND DO IT YOURSELF: Here is the link but you can scroll down and find it easily on that first page of subjects.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29297OURSELF SKINCARE.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
It is a gadget. Go to lightstim dot com and you can read about all the lights they offer. There is tons of info on the Lightstim on this forum, but it is under: SKINCARE TOOLS AND DO IT YOURSELF: Here is the link but you can scroll down and find it easily on that first page of subjects.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29297OURSELF SKINCARE.

Thanks for the info! I did read a lot about it and it does seem to help. I like that it has one for acne too. As far as tightening goes, what have been your results?
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Okay so I am reporting that I have found something that might be helpful. I started doubling the amount of alpha lipoic acid, so now I take 400 mg. Along with the same mg of Vit C ester and Evening primrose oil nightly.

I don't know if its a coincidence or what, but my skin seems a lot more firmer with the double amount of ALA than regular. I have tested this a few days now and still same results. Don't know if its safe to keep taking 400 mg. I will do more research. Face exercises are going strong, this time I am really doing them consistently hoping to fill the hollow underneath my eyes so my cheek lifts.

Anyhoo, will update on progress. Hopefully I can post pics when I reach to 50 posts.
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:15 am      Reply with quote
You're almost to 50 Pinknika! I'll have to research ALA myself.

marmurr1916

Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new too! I'm really interested in products that can help with stretch marks and advice on what to avoid during pregnancy. All advice and info appreciated! Smile
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I don't think the Tua Viso has been mentioned. It's a great little gadget that exercises the less used facial muscles for better contours. I've used it 7 months & love it. The upgraded version the Tua Trend is on my current wish list.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info pinknika, I doubled on MSM but not on Alpha Lipoic Acid... shall try that,
pinknika wrote:
Okay so I am reporting that I have found something that might be helpful. I started doubling the amount of alpha lipoic acid, so now I take 400 mg. Along with the same mg of Vit C ester and Evening primrose oil nightly.

I don't know if its a coincidence or what, but my skin seems a lot more firmer with the double amount of ALA than regular. I have tested this a few days now and still same results. Don't know if its safe to keep taking 400 mg. I will do more research. Face exercises are going strong, this time I am really doing them consistently hoping to fill the hollow underneath my eyes so my cheek lifts.

Anyhoo, will update on progress. Hopefully I can post pics when I reach to 50 posts.

pinkp
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |