Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Tear Trough Help Please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Baptong

Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Woke up this morning to my 27th birthday and went to the bathroom to wash up and noticed the light hitting off of my face to reveal the dreaded tear trough....

Are there any products that will plump up this area? I remember reading about applying avocado oil on that area. Does that really work? I've been thinking about getting Retin-A from ADC. Is this recommended?

Also, and doing any type of injections is a big negative for me.

Hope to hear from you guys soon Very Happy
Baptong

Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hrmmm.... anybody?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Fillers are the only thing that will actually plump up the area. If you don't want to do fillers then get a good corrector (bobbi brown is good).

Its also possible that you could be having an issue with allergies making your TT's appear worse then before.

I've tried avocado and almond oils, they did not help my TT's.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:27 am      Reply with quote
You could also try eye exercises and massage for this area, as some people have had success in reducing their tear troughs by doing this. You might want to check out the facial exercises under the DIY forum Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
The only real solution for that area is fillers. If you don't want to do that then try a good under eye primer and concealer. That is about the best you can do.

Your problem is caused by a loss of volume (fat) in the under eye and/or cheek area. It can be caused by sun damage, age and genetics. Given your age it is probably just genetics. Sorry, wish I had a better solution for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:03 am      Reply with quote
awww, a bit of good news for you (possibly) you can reduce the hollow look a little by using various topicals - avocado oil really does work to plump that area up for me so its not so noticeable in certain lights - you have to really slather it on there and leave overnight

I also use facial exercises, and the massage does help a little. I havent been consistent enough with the eye exercises to see if it can help plump up the eyes, I think its a tough one though to treat with eye exercises.

Fillers are the best option I suppose, but havent resorted to that yet, am thinking about it, but not sure which type to go for..

Also, someone mentioned L'oreal Collagen eye filler for hollow eyes, just tried it once so far and not sure if its doing anything because ive been using avocado oil too..gonna try it exclusively this week and see how that goes.

Give undereye massage and avocado oil a go first before you resort to fillers, you might be happy with that effect for now

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
Baptong

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies guys Very Happy . I started using avocado oil and well, I guess it's just too soon for results.

As for facial exercises, I just purchased Flex Effect and Ageless. Also, I've been doing the Tanaka massage as well. Hopefully these will help out.

Once again, thanks for the replies!!
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
hi, i successfully reduced/minimized my dreaded tear trough by massaging under my eyes (giving it a really good pinch with thumb/finger rolling motion) until it's red. I also use retin-a 0.025% under my eyes each night, and put a couple of drops of avocado oil on top. My tear troughs are not very noticeable any more. The area looks plumb. Much better than what it used to be a year ago.
Baptong

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Natalyn,

This pinching and rolling motion is it in the flex effect or the ageless program? I took a quick glance through the video and couldn't find the exercise you mentioned.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if it's in the program. I read through a post on EDS from another member once. There was some discussion on massage under the eyes area. I recall the responder was seanyseanuk. I don't remember the original poster.

So I tried it, and it worked! I can feel my skin under my eyes that used to be as thin as paper to start building up thickness. It is VERY encouraging. The best part is I don't have to spend any money. I think the avocado oil really helps with the plumping of my skin. My eye area looks refreshed. I'm 40 something and people think I look like a teenager.
Baptong

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
That's so awesome! When I get my supply of Retin-A, I'm going to give your routine a shot. Thanks for the info!
Michael80

Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Could you guys help me out with telling me where i could find those under eye massage, exercise techniques described or videos showing how to do them correctly? Im a 31 years old male, and recently in the last couple of years Ive developed that dreaded under eyes hollowed, tear through look which makes me look many years older and my photos even look worse because of my under eyes region. Ive been doing some facial exercises for the last couple of months, but they cant seem to be able to noticeably help me with this dreaded problem. The under eye hollows are still noticeable even if the muscles on other parts of my face are well defined, toned. I strongly believe its a hereditary trait and ive tried to put on some weight too, but that doesnt seem to be able to solve it either. Havent tried to use avocado oil nor retin -A 0.035% yet, but im going to give them a go. Thanks for your amazing tips. So far Ive only tried to apply some creams, moisturizers and regularly do facial exercises including upper eye and under eye exercises as well. Im really curious about those eye massage techniques and have seen some videos on youtube so far. Thanks a lot in advance.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm worried about mine, but friends & makeup counter people have said that there's no problem that a little extra sleep or a couple of teabags wouldn't help.

Just the same, it seems like they make me look a little harsh, so I'm counting on the time I spend doing ocm massage to help drain the lymphatic system from my face. (I probably didn't say that right.) I kind of follow the instructions to focus around the orbital bone and encourage/push it across and down the sides of my face. I also find that gelatin masks kind of soften the look of the area, and that eye exercises help by providing much needed circulation.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I went the filler route. What a difference! It's expensive but coupled with botox to prevent moving your crow's feet area, it should last 18 months and, if it's Restylane, it's buildable so each time you will need less. I need to remember to budget for this stuff.

Stop taking Vitamin E the week before to prevent bruising but start taking Vit. K and C if you don't already.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
LOL pinching and rolling motion eh? Won't that cause more wrinkles or bruised the area?

Also, I heard those facial injections in the long run might cause a needle mark on your face. Something like a needle trough from long term use on the facial skin.

I heard about this from a Youtube guru cuz she had Botox, Juverderm, Sculptra done to her face many times. Confused
tkee3
5% products discount

Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I tried using Avocado Oil for my Tear Trough lines but didn't see any improvements. Could it be the quality of the oil? Would cold-pressed work better? Also, did Retin-A help any of your tear trough lines?
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
tkee3 wrote:
I tried using Avocado Oil for my Tear Trough lines but didn't see any improvements. Could it be the quality of the oil? Would cold-pressed work better? Also, did Retin-A help any of your tear trough lines?

All you need is quality blood in the area and OCM seems to do that. OCM with avocado??
Cold pressed is really good.

5% products discount

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Panoslydios for the help. But could you clearify what OCM is? I dont think i've heard of it before.
*dream*
5% products discount

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
tkee3 wrote:
Thanks Panoslydios for the help. But could you clearify what OCM is? I dont think i've heard of it before.

Hi tkee3. OCM stands for oil cleansing method. Here is some more info on this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7077

Also, apparently PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) is also good for tear troughs, with low incident of allergic reaction. If you do a google search, more info will come up. I would post a link, but most seem to be for various clinics who are offering/selling this service, and I don't want anyone t think I am affiliated with them lol.

*dream*
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |