Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shellac nails - first go
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Well here's an update:

It has been 10 days since I had my fingers and toes done.

Toenails
These were doing great up until day 7 when a small piece of one gel (I'm calling this stuff gel for simplicity) peeled. It was just in one corner and wasn't noticeable so still all OK.
Day 8, I wore open-toed shoes all day. At the end of the day I noticed one of the gels had just disappeared! It seems to have slid off, in one piece, without me noticing. (There's no staining left behind.)
Day 9. Another gel on the opposite foot has gone now. My nails not looking so glam at all now. Sad

Fingernails
These were done in the French manicure style and looked great except for a tiny chip in the gel that I caused through lack of care. I have been really impressed that the gel has retained its shine and transparency - regular nail polish can go opaque and cloudy after a few days but the Shellac has been great. I am noticing quite a large cuticle gap now where the new nail is coming in. This is tolerable because of the natural effect on my nails but I imagine that if I were wearing a colour, this could look quite unkempt. The most impressive thing for me though is how much this product has reinforced my nails. 10 days without a tear, rip or breakage - that is unheard of for me so is a big win.

However, last night - day 9, one of the white-tipped areas peeled off (revealing natural nail underneath). I will try to hide this for the time being by painting over with some white polish but I am a little disappointed that I didn't get to 14 days.

So my conclusions so far:
I don't know that it's worthwhile applying this to my toenails. Pedicures tend to last well on me and I don't see that the Shellac has added anything extra, except expense. I have read that Shellac slipping off can be due to inadequate preparation of the nail but I don't know if it's even worth another try.

I love this product on my fingernails although think that the 14 day duration is probably the maximum possible. I'm certainly going to have another go at the salon. However, because of the regrowth and durability issues, the DIY at home option is looking more attractive.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |