Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Youngblood Mineral Makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gloria777
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi All, My friend uses Youngblood cosmetics, and loves them. I used Bare Ess. once and just didnt seem to get good coverage from the mineral makeup. I still like the foundation, but was thinking about getting away from the liquid and going for the mineral makeup. So what do you think of the Youngblood mineral makeup? Thanks
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
gloria777 wrote:
Hi All, My friend uses Youngblood cosmetics, and loves them. I used Bare Ess. once and just didnt seem to get good coverage from the mineral makeup. I still like the foundation, but was thinking about getting away from the liquid and going for the mineral makeup. So what do you think of the Youngblood mineral makeup? Thanks

That's one I haven't tried. Shock
I was an Aromaliegh fan for years and loved loved loved it, but they closed up shop. Sad
If you can stand the awful web site, and I mean about the worst site I have dealt with Raesin Images makes a great MMU that's also bismuth
free. A few different formulas to choose from as well! Smile

http://www.mineralmakeupnews.com/raesin-images-natural-cosmetics.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Youngblood liquid & loose mineral MU. On a scale of 1-10, I would give the liquid a 7 and the loose a 6.

NCN skincare has a nice mineral MU that works well for me during the summer months when my skin is oily (Although the foundation colors are very limited). For Fall/Winter months I still prefer Lumiere and have been using their MMU for about 3 yrs now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
I have used Youngblood liquid & loose mineral MU. On a scale of 1-10, I would give the liquid a 7 and the loose a 6.

NCN skincare has a nice mineral MU that works well for me during the summer months when my skin is oily (Although the foundation colors are very limited). For Fall/Winter months I still prefer Lumiere and have been using their MMU for about 3 yrs now.

fairlady,
I have used the Lumiere and tried all their formulas the one I liked was more moisturizing, the others felt dry and my skin is normal. Last time I checked the site they had the only one I was happy with on clearance, being discontinued. Did they replace the formula? I am assuming and may be incorrect from your sig line that the ones I didn't care for would be dry for you?

TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Darkmoon:

My problem area is always an oily T-Zone. Every few hours, I blot with those shine, oil absorbing sheets. My skin does get drier in the Fall/Winter but that darn T-Zone still glows like Rudolph! Veena Velvet by Lumiere works best for me (although not perfect). I really liked NCN's loose MMU for summer but is makes my cheeks look too powdery in the cooler weather and without my self-tanner the foundation color is a little too off now.

Sounds like you have the opposite problem of me - have you tried Lumiere's:

Flawless Face -

Skin type = normal to dry

Coverage - medium to heavy, most opaque base, *colors may be lighter than other bases we offer due to higher levels of titanium and zinc

Finish = matte

Ingredients = premium grade serecite (colorless mica), titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, iron oxides, boron nitride, silica, magnesium stearate, squalane

Luminesse -

Skin type = all skin types

Coverage - buildable light to medium

Finish = silky glow, not shimmery

Ingredients = premium grade serecite (colorless mica), boron nitride, zinc oxide, avena sativa, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tocopherol (vitamin e)

Maybe request a sample of these two. I prefer a matte finish (probably due to my natural mid day oil slick!) but most women like that dewy glow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you fairlady,

I do have disgustingly normal skin everywhere so no issues with shine through! I will have to check and see about the samples you suggested! Smile
I have lucked out picking colors so far, which is odd because I am right between light and medium.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Darkmoon:

I am sooooooooooooooooo jealous of your normal skin! I have the oily T Zone, Occasional PMS Breakouts, and I am super fair as in pale! Hence, "Fairlady" LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
Hi Darkmoon:

I am sooooooooooooooooo jealous of your normal skin! I have the oily T Zone, Occasional PMS Breakouts, and I am super fair as in pale! Hence, "Fairlady" LOL

I am sorry it's just genes I guess, never a breakout during puberty or pregnancy? Just straight up normal.

I must say I think very fair skin is gorgeous very Victorian and regal looking, so I am envious of you there!
The grass is always greener! Smile

BTW I love your name!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Awe thanks Darkmoon! I have always envied those golden complexion gals - thanks for the boost.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
Awe thanks Darkmoon! I have always envied those golden complexion gals - thanks for the boost.

It's just the truth fairlady! I always think skin like a porcelain doll! Smile Glad it gave you a boost though!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I must say I think very fair skin is gorgeous very Victorian and regal looking, so I am envious of you there!

BTW I love your name!

I agree with you, DarkMoon. Fair complexion is very beautiful, sort of like a delicate white flower. In fact, any skin color is beautiful as long as it looks natural! Nothing is worse than excessive white powder on the face or very fakely-looking tan.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

BTW I love your name!

I agree with you, DarkMoon. Fair complexion is very beautiful, sort of like a delicate white flower. In fact, any skin color is beautiful as long as it looks natural! Nothing is worse than excessive white powder on the face or very fakely-looking tan.

That's so true RussianSunshine, I am always amazed at women with the wrong foundation color or those awful fake tans! Natural is always best in my opinion! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
i used youngblood and didnt really like it, it didnt cover my redness. i also used bare essentuals before that. my favorite mineral makeup is actually urban decay it looks more airbrushed and the color match was better for me (yellow toned instead of pinky beigy tones the other two brands only carried.)
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I tried youngblood. The liquid make up is very sheer. It was nice in summer.
The blush was pretty but didnt last long for the price tag.

I do love their lipsticks. Beautiful color and non drying.Glosses are nice too.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |