Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best non-greasy sunscreen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Flavia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I plan to start using Retin A (I'm 57). I'm currently using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 70 sunscreen, but I don't like it. It's a little greasy and if I happen to get it in my mouth, it leaves a bad taste. Any suggestions?
Skinisin1
5% products discount

Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Flavia I have heard that Purple Prairie is good and it prevents tanning.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:44 am      Reply with quote
I am using Lancome UV EXPERT GN-SHIELD™ SPF30+/PA+++, it is not greasy.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:44 am      Reply with quote
i think if you don't really care whether SPF is chemical or physical or vitamin based, than you can find a gazillion of chemical sunscreens that are not greasy and don't leave a residue.
BronxMyth

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:09 am      Reply with quote
try Neutrogena
arora

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Clarins uv plus spf 40
the best sunscreen i've ever used. non oily, but moisturizing at the same time. Provides good protection.
leslie645

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Neurtrogena, ultra sheer dry-touch...spf 30.
I have never been able to find a sunscreen I could tolerate ...cant stand the greasy feeling or it would make me breakout :/

this summer I decided to give the Ultra Sheer a chance...I love it! and now I am able to try the Obagi NuDerm simply because I have a decent, non greasy sunscreen YAY!!
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
leslie645 wrote:
Neurtrogena, ultra sheer dry-touch...spf 30.
I have never been able to find a sunscreen I could tolerate ...cant stand the greasy feeling or it would make me breakout :/

this summer I decided to give the Ultra Sheer a chance...I love it! and now I am able to try the Obagi NuDerm simply because I have a decent, non greasy sunscreen YAY!!

I also used this sunscreen this past summer. It worked really well. It was one of the few sunscreens that I could wear that didn't run into my eyes if I put it on my forehead. It is nice and thin and doesn't make your face feel coated with product.
vc0117
5% products discount

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
The MOST important is to make sure that you are using a sunscreen with ZINC in it. There are many posts about this on EDS. Neutrogena line has chemical sunscreens only. You have to go for the physical sunscreen (ZINC). I've tried many but my favorite is Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection SPF 60.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:15 am      Reply with quote
If you read this thread you find that finding the perfect sunscreen for you is so personal! Many people have such different experiences with the same sunscreen(s) it's baffling really. I believe it's probably one of the hardest products to find much less recommend to another. It would be great if we all had the same opinion/feeling about a particular sunscreen but sadly it's just so unique to the individual. Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=38705

Hope you find your perfect one! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Flavia wrote:
I plan to start using Retin A (I'm 57). I'm currently using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 70 sunscreen, but I don't like it. It's a little greasy and if I happen to get it in my mouth, it leaves a bad taste. Any suggestions?

Burnout Clean and Clear is not greasy at all and it's physical. Since my skin is dry I only use it on top of a moisturizer, so it must be perfect for oily skin.
Ninatchka2

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love Sofina lucent 50 spf sunscreen. It's an Asian sunscreen and it's great - smooth, great coverage, almost like a primer. I've used every sunscreen on the planet (a slight exaggeration) and this is the best I've ever used. I heard about it on the MUA site, where a lot of people rave about it. Love it!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Flavia wrote:

Burnout Clean and Clear is not greasy at all and it's physical. Since my skin is dry I only use it on top of a moisturizer, so it must be perfect for oily skin.

LOL, RussianSunshine, that's the thread I posted a link to the Burnout Sunscreens! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I saw the Sofina Lucent 50 on sale at BeautyKat for $33. Anyone know where I can get it cheaper? Is it available in stores or just online?
Nirasha
5% products discount

Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:34 am      Reply with quote
i like bioderma spf 100 but in the fluid its light and meant for oily skin
yakkomomo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:16 am      Reply with quote
When I go under the sun, I will use Neurtrogena Sunscreen, for normal day use, I will go for the CHANTECAILLE sunscreen powder, which is a great but expensive product.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:23 am      Reply with quote
While I prefer the natural products, finding a sunscreen that doesn't either make my face white or make my skin feel like I'm wearing a mask is really challenging. While I'd prefer to be chemical free, Neutrogena seems to work best for me.

I also started using it for my body sunscreen this past summer. I used to get a heat rash from any of the natural ones. A pharmacist suggested that I switch to Neutrogena because it isn't as thick a barrier. He thought the barrier was creating contributing to the problem. When I switched, I stopped having that problem. My favourite was the one in the yellow can or tube - it is meant for babies - SPF 60.

ETA: Vichy has one that only has an SPF of 20, but it is really nice and thin and didn't make my face greasy. It was great if I knew I wasn't going to be sitting out in the sun ... but if I'm at a soccer field, I have to go a stronger SPF and stick to Neutrogena. For daily use, it might be one you want to consider. It is really thin - like milk and didn't make my skin feel too greasy.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |