Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

A good rosacea product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Shizoku Skin

Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have a good suggestion on a rosacea serum or moisturizer? Non-prescription. Thx

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Evan Healy. She makes a "blue" oil and a "blue" kit that includes a cleanser, hydrosol, and the oil. These work really well (takes about 2 weeks before the redness starts to diminish).

https://www.evanhealy.com/
BronxMyth

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Find products with a high content of vitamin c it will help exercise the capillaries , when you use this product it will make you more red temporarily but in the long run it helps a lot
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum (fragrance-free version) helped me when mine was at it's worst. It contains a high concentration of niacinamide which helps to rebuild the skin barrier function.
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:05 am      Reply with quote
emu oil

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
When I switched to natural products (as opposed to products like Lancome), my skin improved. I also started using mineral makeup for my foundation.

I found a natural moisturizer that worked wonders for my skin. It is called Nadarra (nadarra.org); you can order it on line and purchase it at some health food stores.

The line is very reasonably priced. The creator/founder of the company made the creams because of her sensitivities to other skin lines. It has really helped me and is very reasonably priced. I highly recommend that line.
kat26

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I just joined, and am excited to be a part of this group. I have made my own moisturizing serum that I use daily, I wanted it for extra lubrication at bedtime, but I have enjoyed the side benefit of my Rosecea almost completely dissapearing. All I do is use EVOO and add a variety of healing Essential Oils to it, then slather on at bedtime. I am in my 50's and I receive many, many compliments on my shin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
A while back I was checking for someone else and happened upon this site, The National Rosacea Society. They have an abundance of helpful information. Smile

http://www.rosacea.org/index.php

5% products discount

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
the best item I have found is Revaleskin Coffeeberry Night Cream and also Topix Replenix cream and serum, also the new Topix Replenix The Power of Three, is great as well. Its an updated version of the old Replenix cream formula. It has green tea. I use the Topix Replenix Power of Three in the morning under sunscreen and I use the Revaleskin Coffeeberry night cream at night over my retinoid. This is allowed my face to be very pale and has taken away all redness. I have combined these products with 5 IPLs with Lumenis One and redness is no longer an issue. I dont even think about it anymore.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:03 am      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:
the best item I have found is Revaleskin Coffeeberry Night Cream and also Topix Replenix cream and serum, also the new Topix Replenix The Power of Three, is great as well. Its an updated version of the old Replenix cream formula. It has green tea. I use the Topix Replenix Power of Three in the morning under sunscreen and I use the Revaleskin Coffeeberry night cream at night over my retinoid. This is allowed my face to be very pale and has taken away all redness. I have combined these products with 5 IPLs with Lumenis One and redness is no longer an issue. I dont even think about it anymore.

Amonavis, did you have broken caps? Is the Revaleskin and Topix keeping them gone? I have been eyeing the Topix Power of Three. Actually in the New Beauty magazine there was a doctor who had a product she recommended and when I checked it was a private label version of the Topix 3 product!
bellableu
5% products discount

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't be able to use most of these products. Smile

Rosacea is VERY VERY YMMV - individual sensitivities are a huge part of the problem with finding treatments that work, and an inherent piece of the condition for most of us. Sad

And then there are the various subtypes which may or may not ultimately be part of the same condition at all (no one really know) - does the OP have flushing, diffuse redness, visible capillaries, inflammatory papules, pustules ... or a combination? Dry skin? Oily skin with phymatous tissue? Question What issues are you trying to treat? What kind of Rosacea do you have?

The best moisturizer I've found is Hemp Seed Oil - I am prone to inflammatory flares, I don't have visible capillaries, I do flush.

41 y.o., fair, dry, sensitive, mild to moderate rosacea (inflammatory *and* flushing). Minimalist approach to skincare is working for me. Interested in gentle anti-aging treatments (acupressure, massage, exercise, LED) Smile
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
i used the valmont dermo cream, serum, and cleanser last year and i no longer have rosacea. now all i do is use moisturizer and massage my face.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Amonavis, did you have broken caps? Is the Revaleskin and Topix keeping them gone? I have been eyeing the Topix Power of Three. Actually in the New Beauty magazine there was a doctor who had a product she recommended and when I checked it was a private label version of the Topix 3 product!

Hi Rileygirl, yes i did have a few broken caps, but that was not my main issue. My main issue was flushing of the cheeks randomly and whenever in extreme temperatures. Also just washing my face or certain products would turn my cheeks quite red. I truly think that it was a combination of the right products plus the IPLs that made a difference. The redness went away when I was using the normal Topix Replenix Cream and the Coffeeberry Night Cream. Its only recently that I switched to the Power of Three. I didnt expect much from the Revaleskin but was pleasantly surprised with how effective it was at combatting redness. It took about a month of daily use to see the results. I use 2 pumps every night, and I also apply it whenever my skin is irritated.
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I have Rosacea but also have oily skin so it is always a struggle to find age fighting creams/serums that won't break me out or aggravate the rosacea.

Paula's Choice Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum works for me:
http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/resist-super-antioxidant-concentrate-serum/anti-aging-resist

It's very light on and doesn't cause any sensitivity plus it's affordable! HTH

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:

Amonavis, may I ask - Did you have a lot of Rosacea symptoms? The reason I'm asking is that I often have flushing associated with Rosacea, but none of the breakouts. Hormones at times of the months cause a lot of flushing for those days. I feel like I'm wearing a sign at times Mad

Many of the products that are good for Rosacea end up being too drying for my skin, which is dry/sensitive. I'd love to give one of the products you mentioned a try, but can't afford both right away.

Would you suggest Revaleskin to start? The Nadarra really helped improve my skin, but I feel like I should do something else now to get it to the next step.
jannabanna80
5% products discount

Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry/sensitive skin and HAD mild rosacea (a couple broken caps, a few little red bumps on the cheeks) and came across Purple Emu in my research. Their Redness/Blemish Control works wonders! Formulated specifically for rosacea sufferers, and makes my dry skin feel so incredibly soft in the morning. HG product for me. Plus, the price is great!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Janna. These products look like a great alternative to the medications/ointments they usually prescribe.

What I am wondering is ....

Did you find it helped you with flushing? I have very fair skin and, especially mid-month or just before my period starts, I'll have a day or two where my face gets really flushed and hot. I have never had the breakouts commonly associated with Rosacea. I did have the scaly spots at one time, but haven't had them for many years.

To be honest, I'm wondering if I have Rosacea at all. When I spoke to my DR about it, she said I 'probably' have a very mild or just the starting signs of Rosacea. Hmmm ??? I walked away from that feeling like ... fair skin that flushes occasionally = Rosacea diagnosis. I would definitely like to stop the flushing ... and if it is the starting of Rosacea would like to prevent it.

Did you continue to use the product even when you don't have breakouts? Sorry ... long winded question, but basically if you only have some redness, do you think it is a product that will still help?

5% products discount

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme - I can't speak for the flushing, because I don't experience that symptom. You may be right...maybe what you're skin flushing isn't rosacea, but something like it? Sorry I can't be of much help.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your response Janna ! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:17 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme, the only symptoms of rosacea I have are the redness and flushing, not the acne part. The products I recommended are only good for the redness part, although the anti inflammatory qualifies might have a small role in improving acne. If I had to choose one, I would go eith either one, they work about the same. None of them are instant miracles, but rather products that will help prevent ageing over the long run, and tone down redness over a few months of use.

If you are just starting to get the flushing and redness, take this opportunity NOW to stop it before it gets worse! Analyze everything in your skincare routine, and avoid anything irrirating, use a daily sunscreen, and a moisturizer and a mild non foaming cleanser. See how your skin does. My rosacea skin can tolerate Retin A but only when used in conjunction with anti imflammatories like the ones i have mentioned.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:01 am      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:
I would go eith either one, they work about the same. None of them are instant miracles, but rather products that will help prevent ageing over the long run, and tone down redness over a few months of use.

Amonavis, how many months did it take for your redness to go away?
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:06 am      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:
Time2Bme, the only symptoms of rosacea I have are the redness and flushing, not the acne part. The products I recommended are only good for the redness part, although the anti inflammatory qualifies might have a small role in improving acne. If I had to choose one, I would go eith either one, they work about the same. None of them are instant miracles, but rather products that will help prevent ageing over the long run, and tone down redness over a few months of use.

If you are just starting to get the flushing and redness, take this opportunity NOW to stop it before it gets worse! Analyze everything in your skincare routine, and avoid anything irrirating, use a daily sunscreen, and a moisturizer and a mild non foaming cleanser. See how your skin does. My rosacea skin can tolerate Retin A but only when used in conjunction with anti imflammatories like the ones i have mentioned.

Amonavis - thanks you so much. I've been really wondering if I even had Rosacea, because anything I tried aimed at Rosacea made my skin worse. I had tried the Priori CoffeeBerry, but hadn't used it for too long. I think the Revaleskin's has a higher concentration of the Coffeeberry. I'd love if something could control the redness. It only seems to happen on days where my hormones are acting up, but I haven't started menopause yet, so I expect that it will be getting worse long before it gets better. Crying or Very sad

I have been loving the KH skin products, but have used Priori with them. I found it just sat on my skin though, rather than sinking in. When I finish up the Priori, I'll have to order one of the other products to try.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I won the weekly forum gift certificate ... perfect opportunity to use it on the Revaleskin !! Very Happy I'm going to give it a try and see if it makes a difference on the redness.

Thanks Amonavis. You're the first person who has told me that they had Rosacea and only the redness and flushing. If I can stop it before it progresses, that would make me very happy !!!

I decided to use order the Revaleskin Intense Recovery Serum so that I can use it under my KH products. They are also helping (and are much less expensive than the Revale skin night creams). It also has the highest concentration of coffeeberry. I'll do a 'spot' test first to make sure I don't react.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've recently been having postive results with Azelaic Acid (Finacea/Skinoren) for my rosacea.

I also find zinc oxide very helpful at calming down redness.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |