Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Face exercise destroyed my face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
yoga

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:16 am      Reply with quote
HI,
I am new to this forum and have been reading quite alot about facial exercise programs.

I tried carole magio face exercise program just for 2 weeks and has totally transformed my face.

I am left with no facial fat in the inner and lower face(so now i have to shave up to inner eye area), my jaws are on top of cheeks, have a weak chin , monkey upper lip and enlarged philtrum.

I was told that if exercises are stopped face goes back to normal but in my case has been 2 months and every day i wake up with a new face.

I am under severe depression , which is giving me more aged look and grey facial hair, and iam just 33 years old .

plz dont do the facial exercise as they are not for each and every person. Try to be natural and healthy .

reagrds,
yoganathan
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Wow can you post photos for us to see. That sounds terrible, but the only thing I might add is that not each and every facial exercise program out there is identical, so if Facercise didn't work for you - you might find that thats just not for you but there may be another thats perfect for you.

I've often been told that when fat goes, its linked to diet, and the same I have been advised in the past with facial exercises, and when I have followed that advice is has been true for me (reluctantly though I might add). Don't understand the science behind it all, but more and more facial exercise teachers are seeming to suggest this.

When you say you tried the program, did you use the dvd, or have sessions, or just follow from the book? Is there any way you may have done them incorrectly? Many of us (myself included) couldn't live without facial exercises and I know that I consider them to be one of the most natural ways of staying younger.

Theresa
yoga wrote:
HI,
I am new to this forum and have been reading quite alot about facial exercise programs.

I tried carole magio face exercise program just for 2 weeks and has totally transformed my face.

I am left with no facial fat in the inner and lower face(so now i have to shave up to inner eye area), my jaws are on top of cheeks, have a weak chin , monkey upper lip and enlarged philtrum.

I was told that if exercises are stopped face goes back to normal but in my case has been 2 months and every day i wake up with a new face.

I am under severe depression , which is giving me more aged look and grey facial hair, and iam just 33 years old .

plz dont do the facial exercise as they are not for each and every person. Try to be natural and healthy .

reagrds,
yoganathan
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:38 am      Reply with quote
beautifully put, TheresaMary.

yoga, i don't understand what happened to you....but exercising the face is imo very natural...just like exercising the body is....I personally love it..would do it even if i saw no benefits just because of the feeling of the enlivened circulation, etc.

...but like TM said not every system is right for everyone (although carole's exercises are very non-aggressive, compared to say, Flex Effect or Ageless)...hard to comprehend that you lost so much facial fat from such small amount of movement/exercise...and that it hasn't returned.

at any rate..i would say that the problem lies in some oversensitivity you may have (many of us are over sensitive in different physical areas...i am to food and sound for example) rather than in facial exercises in general...as is said over and over again in this forum...there isn't anything that is right for everyone..and we have to understand and work with our own sensitivities to really find a regime that works for you.

facial acupressure may be of some help to you in restoring the vitality of your facial tissues in a gentle systemic way (but please whatever you do ...go slowly..and listen to your own intuition

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:41 am      Reply with quote
meant to say we have to work with our own sensitivites to find what really works for us.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
yoga

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am      Reply with quote
well i want to link an image but website would not allow me .. is there any way ..?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:33 am      Reply with quote
yoga wrote:
well i want to link an image but website would not allow me .. is there any way ..?

yoga,

They don't allow you to post pictures or links until you reach a certain number of posts. I believe you can find that under either guidelines or faq's. Smile
Welcome to the forum. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I can't believe you have seen results in such a short time. I have been doing carole maggio on and off for about 3 years and I have seen little improvement.

I don't know whethor or not facial exercise actually makes the fat undeaneath the skin burn off, just like you would think when you are lifting weights or doing exercise. I know when my weight fluctuates, my face is the one to go second, but I don't think face exercises are to blame for that.

I think everyone needs to be cautious when trying new programs though and yes one program might suit someone more than others.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this, I feel your pain as I am really young and everyone mistakes me for at least early-mid thirties Sad I don't know why I am prematurely aging like this but yes I do get depressed about it. It might take longer for your face to get back to normal since you have seen such definition in 2 weeks, my advice is eat a healthy diet, yes with lots of healthy fat, olive oils, omega 3's, Avocadoes etc. Hopefully your face will return soon!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I've spoken with Yoga via PMs, and think there are some things worth clarifying here for others sakes (and he was on a different forum too).

His photos do show some changes but not all bad, some are very good. But he has kind of done a mix of different systems, and I remember when he posted on another forum, he had overdone a particular exercise quite substantially (yep someone like myself who thought more was better), but having said that, I think there are other things going on, so as I've told him (and a shout out to others to do the same) he's in my prayers and I'm wishing him a speedy recovery with all thats going on. Hang in there it will be worth it!
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hoping for a quick recovery too!! Smile

But, any chance of knowing the whole story?

After your latest post, TheresaMary, I'm real curious.

TIA.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:53 am      Reply with quote
Its not my place to reveal, think thats down to Yoga if he wants to discuss, but lets keep him in our prayers!
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:28 am      Reply with quote
From what I have learnt, 'Spot reduction' doesn't exsist (but boy do I wish it did!). When you exercise a specific part of the body, you will not necessarily lose fat in that specific area... it's just not like that, unfortunately. The body chooses to lose fat where it wants, we have no control over this.

Spot reduction doesn't work on the body (like when you run on a treadmill, it does not guarantee your legs will get slimmer... or when you lift weights that your arms will get slimmer,) it's a common myth. So I can't see spot reduction being any different for the face either.

I am not saying that it's impossible to lose fat in an area you are exercising, I am just saying it's impossible to predict it will happen or choose where you want to lost fat, or even where you don't want to lose fat!

Exercises can change muscle tone, which can change the shape of a certain part of the body... that's totally different to spot reduction/fat loss.

The OP very well could have lost fat from his face, but this does not mean that the next person will experience the same by doing the same exercises. I guess it's not a one size fits all kinda thing.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Well sorry but there are things out there that can definitely help to spot reduce - look at the t-tapp system for one. That one has even got medical studies behind it!

Also the thing I might add is that Yoga did a specific exercise a couple of times a day (which is never advised to people) and so that can also be a reason why he's had the results he has had.
Kay2008 wrote:
From what I have learnt, 'Spot reduction' doesn't exsist (but boy do I wish it did!). When you exercise a specific part of the body, you will not necessarily lose fat in that specific area... it's just not like that, unfortunately. The body chooses to lose fat where it wants, we have no control over this.

Spot reduction doesn't work on the body (like when you run on a treadmill, it does not guarantee your legs will get slimmer... or when you lift weights that your arms will get slimmer,) it's a common myth. So I can't see spot reduction being any different for the face either.

I am not saying that it's impossible to lose fat in an area you are exercising, I am just saying it's impossible to predict it will happen or choose where you want to lost fat, or even where you don't want to lose fat!

Exercises can change muscle tone, which can change the shape of a certain part of the body... that's totally different to spot reduction/fat loss.

The OP very well could have lost fat from his face, but this does not mean the next person will doing the same facial exercises.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:45 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Well sorry but there are things out there that can definitely help to spot reduce - look at the t-tapp system for one. That one has even got medical studies behind it!

Also the thing I might add is that Yoga did a specific exercise a couple of times a day (which is never advised to people) and so that can also be a reason why he's had the results he has had.
Kay2008 wrote:

The OP very well could have lost fat from his face, but this does not mean the next person will doing the same facial exercises.

I was replying to a comment by one of the posts in this thread about fat loss predicted in one area. I am not saying it's impossible to lose fat in a specific area you are exercising, I just believe it's impossible to predict fat loss will happen in ONE specific area.
hawthorn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Just curious, because I hear this so often, but why do people say spot training doesn't work? Looks to me with tennis players that training one arm a lot sure works at building muscle where they want it... And I only do Ageless, but it's worked a dream for me just doing a few exercises for certain muscles. One day I might realise I need to exercise all the muscles in my face, but for now? No need.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
hawthorn wrote:
Just curious, because I hear this so often, but why do people say spot training doesn't work? Looks to me with tennis players that training one arm a lot sure works at building muscle where they want it... And I only do Ageless, but it's worked a dream for me just doing a few exercises for certain muscles. One day I might realise I need to exercise all the muscles in my face, but for now? No need.

That's different though, I am talking about fat loss not muscle toning!

I was referring to spot reduction as fat loss, not muscle toning/building.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Sorry if my previous posts came across rude/abrupt, it certainly wasn't intended. I was just about to leave off work and sneaked on quickly, when really I shouldn't because if my boss found out I would be in for it!

TheresaMary, I haven't ever heard of the t-tapp system, I will check it out and see what it's about.

I am just going by the research I did a few years ago when I was a gym addict trying to lose the fatty roll from around my middle (oh and my butt, thighs, arms... Laughing )

I shall shut up now and stop this thread from going off the original subject.
yoga

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:31 am      Reply with quote
hiya,
thanx for the posts and prayers, just wanted to know if anyone has experienced upper lip muscle orbicularis oris and philtrum built and how long it took to come down, is there anything which can be done to reduce muscle size?

Regarding spot training and fat loss. Imagine working out the biceps ,they will only tone and bulge when the fat layer on top is reduced which is done with weight workout.

For me fat is reduced when face is exercised as i have experienced it.

take care all , its a new day with a new face..
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Yoga

I think I've spoken with you on the FE forum, but just want to really throw this out there for you and others to consider. Fat is never reduced for no reason at all.

Sometimes there will be health concerns, or it can even be that insufficient calories are being consumed. If you were doing FlexEffect, thats the first place I would have checked, but from this posting you say you were doing Facercise. Anything that works a muscle, will up the body's demands for both protein and carbs, to enable the body to repair, because your attempting to encourage the muscles to become stronger and more robust. I've often heard of "guantness" etc many times, and its nearly always a conversation about diet, but there can also be health concerns which play a role too and thats worth your exploring.

With overbuilding, its much much down to a conversation with your own body, but generally speaking if it took a while to build, it will take a while to unbuild. Generally overbuild cango down from anything from 2 weeks to a month, depending on whether your still exercising that are etc. If your even stimulating that portion of the face, you may be interupting the healing process that needs to take place, but usually topicals can really speed this up.

Best wishes

Sean
yoga wrote:
hiya,
thanx for the posts and prayers, just wanted to know if anyone has experienced upper lip muscle orbicularis oris and philtrum built and how long it took to come down, is there anything which can be done to reduce muscle size?

Regarding spot training and fat loss. Imagine working out the biceps ,they will only tone and bulge when the fat layer on top is reduced which is done with weight workout.

For me fat is reduced when face is exercised as i have experienced it.

take care all , its a new day with a new face..

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:37 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
I've often heard of "guantness" etc many times, and its nearly always a conversation about diet, but there can also be health concerns which play a role too and thats worth your exploring.

Sean - what do you mean that gauntness is often down to diet? Are you saying that you can restore fullness to your face (without getting chubby!) by eating certain foods?

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Sorry thanks for this question, I should have said, if guantness appears when one begins intense facial muscle exercises, then its due to diet for the reasons described above.

If guantness appears and a person isn’t doing facial exercises, then there is usually something going on with that persons health or hormones that needs to be tackled.

The advice above though was intended to help Yoga out with his situation, and as you see from his above post, he started facial exercises and noticed loss of fat, so that’s where that advice was intended.

But with muscle building, you can certainly restore fullness to the face (which in essence is simply muscle build, through eating protein and carbs to enable your muscles to recuperate. Obviously it’s a tough question to give an answer set in stone for everyone, as it will differ person to person, but if a person starts working out their muscles, then their muscles demands for things like protein and carbs will increase and if these aren’t supplied, the body will look to which ever expendable source it can and sometimes it considers facial fat to be a good source. But if you start supplying the body with additional sources of these, you avoid that from happening!
mowgli wrote:
SeanySeanUK wrote:
I've often heard of "guantness" etc many times, and its nearly always a conversation about diet, but there can also be health concerns which play a role too and thats worth your exploring.

Sean - what do you mean that gauntness is often down to diet? Are you saying that you can restore fullness to your face (without getting chubby!) by eating certain foods?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:34 am      Reply with quote
raw food theory says that it is minerals that really help support the muscles in our body/face....so given that concept it would also be a good idea to consume more minerals (often deficient in our diets anyway) to 'fuel' muscle growth during face exercises (and thus reduce the need for the body to take the fat from the area)

('m interested in what you may think of that Sean).

I don't mean mineral tablets or capsules/powders ...but things like sea veggies (or boths w/sea veggies)...angstrom (ionic liqiod) minerals....deep herbal infusions from mineral rich herbs like nettles, oat staw, etc. (ala susun weed for example...her infusion technique is simple and can be googled)

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:39 am      Reply with quote
(susun weed is not part of the raw food movement by the way...but i feel her infusions add sooo many minerals to the diet)

Anyway, i was wondering why i wasn't getting gaunt from doing facial exercises since my diet is on the low end or protein..and low low low end of carbs...but i do consume a (very very) lot of mineral rich foods....so it makes me feel there is some truth to this theory.

SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Sure I consider minerals to be essential, in fact I've often written about the importance of minerals as with skin elasticity, its often the case when the skin is loose that minerals in the diet are missing.

But for muscle growth, whilst minerals just like vitamins are important, the real foundations of them are carbs (as carbs are like fuel that provide our bodies with both the ability to move but also recover) and protein, which works synergetisically in the body. There are various schools of thought about pure protein being consumed after the workouts to be more beneficial, but I kind of think that is going way overboard for most people as ultimately like most things in life its a question of balance.

I know of Susan Weed, in fact a flexer brought her to my attention and she has written some great articles and books, but I keep meaning to order some of her cd's but haven't yet done so.
jasminerosey wrote:
raw food theory says that it is minerals that really help support the muscles in our body/face....so given that concept it would also be a good idea to consume more minerals (often deficient in our diets anyway) to 'fuel' muscle growth during face exercises (and thus reduce the need for the body to take the fat from the area)

('m interested in what you may think of that Sean).

I don't mean mineral tablets or capsules/powders ...but things like sea veggies (or boths w/sea veggies)...angstrom (ionic liqiod) minerals....deep herbal infusions from mineral rich herbs like nettles, oat staw, etc. (ala susun weed for example...her infusion technique is simple and can be googled)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
There may be some truth to this for your case, but from memory your very intune to your body, and I seem to recall you listen to the guidance from your body so for example weren't doing the FlexEffect routine, so it may be that your body's demands aren't the same as say someone who was doing that. Its kind of hard as we want to set things in stone, whereas in reality we're all different kinds of chemistry's and lifestyles and these all impact a person's progress, but at the end of the day muscle building really is muscle building no matter who or what you are, so if your not getting results, its just a matter of determining which factor is missing and taking the appropriate steps. I don't know for sure if Yoga is who I think he is, but I see similiarities in his writings compared with someone else I helped out at one point and from memory he really overdid things early on with the belief more is better, and did spot training etc which as anyone who knows FlexEffect is something we never advise anyone to do. So the results he's currently achieved I do believe are reversable but obviously its going to take time to work out which factors are out of balance, and which ones had most effect.
jasminerosey wrote:
(susun weed is not part of the raw food movement by the way...but i feel her infusions add sooo many minerals to the diet)

Anyway, i was wondering why i wasn't getting gaunt from doing facial exercises since my diet is on the low end or protein..and low low low end of carbs...but i do consume a (very very) lot of mineral rich foods....so it makes me feel there is some truth to this theory.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Males can very easily build body muscles as compared to females because of the male hormone, testosterone, so I have no doubt that men can build up facial muscles much easily as well; I am a guy and just recently, not even a week ago, started doing some facial exercises and am totally amazed at the results!or may be I am just being delusional.... but honestly I do see and feel my face very toned and even lifted a bit...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |