Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Any advice on how to get rid of deep wrinkle (except botox)?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mila

Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I am 32 and have a very deep wrinkle between my eye brows. I tried botox (did not like it at all), now I am trying Dermologica Power Rich since September religiously, but seems like it's not working.
I was wondering if anyone knows of a miracle besides the surgery that will help.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
If your wrinkle is exceedingly deep, you may need a combination of botox and a collagen filler (Restylane, Hylaform, etc). The Botox will help to stop the muscles from contracting to make the crease and the filler will smooth the crease. You could try filler alone but most probably if you can still make the frown, you will continue to have the line. There are also fat graft procedures being used to fill in deep wrinkles. They say that about 50% of the fat actually remains permanently, unlike fillers where you must get the shots over and over again every 4-9 mos. It is also possible that laser surgery (super deep, deep peel)might lessen the severity of the crease. Also, a TCA peel done by a professional might help. Many plastic surgeons offer initial consultations for free. Maybe you might want to just have a discussion with one to find out all your options and the costs involved. The Yes They're Face board has info on this, too. Good Luck!
Mabsy

Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest that you try one of the argireline products (go for one with 10% concentration; e.g. Vivier TMR, Alphaderma CE, Relax-a-line) and also use a vitamin C serum to help it out. That should give you a significant decrease in depth of the frown line (or at least that has worked well for my mother) although it may not remove it completely.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Argireline with a 10% concentration can relax those deep frown lines and prevent further ones from coming. From my personal experience I can recommend AlphaDermaCE, Mineral Prep and Okusil. When used religously it can have a dramatic effect on skins firmess and softening of fine lines and wrinkles. It is not just the Argireline but the combination of ingredients in the line working together for a more youthful complextion. If it is just the lines around the eyes that are of concern Okusil as a stand alone product address those concerns. However, I think it works best with Mineral Prep applied first.

Winnie
JB Sales Rep., Cape Cod, MA
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I had deep frown lines and using C serum, an agireline product (I used relaxaline) and 30-50% glycolic peels have made it almost unnoticable, With regard to the peels...don't go for the 50% unless you are very, very focused on what you are doing. I got rid of the frown lines and ended up with a nasty scar on my face from the GA Sad Maybe using a microdermabrasion creme would help as well
It has also taken quite a long time to get rid of it. Short of radical peels, botox or fillers, you aren't gonna get overnight results
Liz Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote here for argireline and microdermabrasion.

For temporary disguising, I highly recommend the Eraser from Pure Luxe Cosmetics. It is mineral makeup, with silcones -- a great "spackle." I have tiny scars on one side of my mouth -- from a terrible bout of shingles years ago. It looks like the aged lines around the lips, which I don't have yet, but I am sensitive about the "dents." Pure Luxe Eraser fills them and also softens the skin. I definitely see a difference. Whether anyone else does or not.

Christina at Pure Luxe is lovely, too. Tell her Terri sent you. She'll smile. (I hope.) She's on eBay now, also, with lower prices and much lower shipping. Search for pure_luxe_cosmetics as a seller.

Terri
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |