Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Face massage - at last a video on youtube!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Care of Tonya Zavasta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHQV4AedIF0
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Great find TeresaMary....thanks for posting it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi TheresaMary, thanks for sharing!
I must say that one of the best massage techniques I came accross is from a yahoo answer: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081221130125AAiuKnU

And I posted my results of using it, plus adding a bit of massage on other parts of the face on the 2nd edition of Flexeffect.So I've decided to post it here too, don't see any reason why it should get lost in the 2nd edition of Flexeffect as it may help many people. Here it goes:
'I put on a little oil on face and neck, just enough for hands to glide a bit, not SLIP, as the pressure is VERY important.
FIRST, CHEEK MASSAGE: Just as it says on the link. I put my first three fingers of right hand on left side of the chin, more or less where the bottom furrows are, and push up until the temple. I push hard, with quite a bit of pressure, and do fast upward motions in this way. Then the other side. Usually it comes to about 25 strokes on each side as with that amount my skin gets very warm, and as I haven’t got much of a cheek the muscle seems to hurt. Hoping to recover my cheek muscles with exercises!
SECOND, ANOTHER CHEEK MASSAGE: Set my fingers, right ones on right side of the face and left ones on the left side of the face, all four of them forming a horizontal line along the sides of my face at mouth level, slightly separated. So that way my small finger is more or less on the corner of mouth and my index finger is near my earlobe. And from there push up with quite a lot of pressure to below my eyes. I usually repeat about 25 times too, and again I like to feel the area really warm and with slight cheek soreness!
THIRD, TOP LIP LOWER CHEEK MASSAGE: Three first fingers of each hand, close together, in between top line and nose, ring fingers touch in this position. I usually put my thumbs under jaw as an anchor to get more pressure through the finger. And sweep out horizontally towards my ears, back to original position and push/sweep out again. I find it a bit difficult to really do a lot of pressure here, so I usually just do enough reps to feel the area warm.
FOURTH, BROW MASSAGE: Put four fingers on top of eyebrows, and push up and down pressing hard. It doesn’t really matter whether I use my fingers close together or slightly separated. Here I find I can happily do 50 reps.
FIFTH, ANOTHER BROW MASSAGE: I use index and middle finger set close together positioned in between my eyebrows, middle fingers touching. I tend to hook my thumbs under cheek bone to be able to get enough pressure as I push/sweep the fingers in a horizontal way towards the temples.
SIXTH, CROW LINES MASSAGE: Put the fingers as if I’m mimicking glasses on one eye with the hand fingers of the same side, move outwards, and then set in this fashion the side of my index finger just at the end of eyebrow and thumb under lower outer lid corner. Making a bit of a pull I stretch the skin and with the other hand, index finger and middle finger, massage vertically up and down on the crow lines area. Afterwards I do the other side. I’ve been very interested to discover just recently that this question of “rubbing” wrinkles was already mentioned by Stanford Bennett!!! I haven’t actually counted the reps I do here, just until it feels nice and warm. Must say that the first times I did it, I had about three or four days that the skin seemed to be exfoliating even though I had a bit of oil on the skin.
SEVENTH, JAW LINE MASSAGE: Hands in slight fist and thumbs set under chin (like in the reverse chew ex.!!) and push out along the jaw line till the corner of the jaw. More or less following the jaw bone line really.
EIGHTH, ANOTHER JAW LINE MASSAGE: As in the first cheek one, I use my fingers on opposite sides, set on my chin/bottom furrows area, but push towards my ear lobes.
NINTH, NECK MASSAGE: I just use all the pads of fingers. Right hand fingers on left side, and viceversa, and then do upward movements from the décolleté area until the line of jaw.

Basically I don’t count reps, just do enough to feel a good warm/hot feeling on the skin. And I really press hard so I kind of pull the skin yet as I use a little bit of oil before hand I don't harm it. If I use too much oil I can't put enough pressure as the finger tips slip too much.'

Nothing visual,sorry, I posted it on FE ages ago and just thought it was well worth to be posted on an open forum.

HIH, A.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks have hundreds of instructions on massages, but whats always missing is videos or dvd's hence posting this one. Even the facial exercise teachers who suggest massage, never demo it on their dvds (think Lou is the only one). Deb (FlexEffect), Carolyn (Carolyn's Facial Fitness) etc all talk about massage but none demo it - so figured this one of Tonya's was worth sharing!
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:40 am      Reply with quote
thanks for this, i tried it while i was watching it, and my face looked quite flushed afterwards, a lot more so than when I do ageless type massage. I think thats a good thing?? Also reminded me to start dry brushing again..

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
True TheresaMary, none seem to demo the massage, hadn't actually focused on that...maybe that is why the Tanaka Massage has had so much success, you can actually 'see' it on many youtube versions.
I personally don't have much problem in reading and imagining the movements at the same time, so the written words are no trouble, but I can imagine also that for many an image is worth a thousand words!
Glad you found a massage video that you like!
Many hugs, A.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Have tried this out and it's a nice addition to the rest of the exercise, massage arsenal. I'm adding this to the list of "extras" - like the facial exercise of "Ellie's" on Agelesssexy70. That is the bomb for quick and effective.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I Like It! Very Happy Thanks Theresa Mary.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:24 am      Reply with quote
which exercise of ellies are you referring to sister sweets, and what does it target? i like quick and effective!

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:34 am      Reply with quote
mowgli wrote:
which exercise of ellies are you referring to sister sweets, and what does it target? i like quick and effective!

It's the link on the very first post on this thread.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=39870&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=ageless+sexy&start=0

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks,

TheresaMary..this is really a simple, easy gem.and i believe help to strenghten facial muscles..i've already been adding this massage to my daily since i first read your post.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:15 am      Reply with quote
ATester

I really love the massage you posted..it is just what i have been looking for (i already do similiar massage but this one just has a certain 'cutting edge')...I also have been doing this massage every day since reading your post..(sometimes i do this one twice a day!)

TM and AT

i feel both these massages will be lifelong 'keepers' along w/tanaka and other massages that i do routinely.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:59 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
mowgli wrote:

It's the link on the very first post on this thread.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=39870&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=ageless+sexy&start=0

Smile

Yep - that's the one. Sorry mowgli - I don't get on here to check responses all the time. Glad DM found it for you.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |