Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Braces! did you notice changing of lip/mouth shape?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:43 am      Reply with quote
Kind of a dumb question Embarassed
But was wondering if anyone who had braces or Invisalign had some changing of the lip shape.

Not anything very drastic.
But even after one day I am noticing my lips look different and my bottom lip looks a bit bigger.
could be because my alligners are pushing my teeth forawrds a bit.

Forgot to ask the dentist about this today,but am curious of other peoples experience.

Also I think having the alligners is a good way to lose weight as you can only eat when you take them out..which means I am doing much less snacking.
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
According to the Orthodontist I saw, yes, it can make the upper lip droop lower.

I had braces at 30, and at 55 went to another Ortho because my teeth had shifted, to see what they had to say. When she told me about the lip thing, I decided "no way". Sad
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info.
The dentist I saw is not an orthodontist,but a dentist and a cosmetic dentist too.

He just does Invisalign for the "easy cases" and my teeth were not that bad-exet the bottom teeth have some spaces now and it does not help that I literally fell right on my face on the sidewalk a few months ago (made my teeth a bit worse).

My lower lip does not droop down,but just looks a bit bigger now- I guess that could be good as I always thought my lips were too small.

I kind of wish I would have gotten a bit more info on Invisalign. I did get a lot of info,but should have maybe asked actual people-not that anyone I know had these.

At least I found out for the top teeth I only need 20 weeks and the bottom teeth maybe 32 weeks at most.

I guess you are in the US?
what is the costs for braces or Invisalign there.
I'm paying $4,000 in total for everything.
And the dentist office near my house they quoted me $7,000 and it was not an orthodontist either.

One thing that is kind of neat is I have a video file of how my teeth are looking now with how they will be moved and the "after".
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
If you wear anything on your teeth your lips will look fuller. When you wear those teeth bleaching trays your lips look a bit fuller until you take them out. Paste a piece of gum over your teeth and close your lips. They will look fuller. Look at people with buck teeth whose lips stretch to cover them. Your teeth should be straightened not only for cosmetic purposes but for dental health as they will be easier to clean so you won't get gum disease.
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, I'm in the states. I was quoted $3,800 for regular braces. No idea what the Invisalign would be.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
If you wear anything on your teeth your lips will look fuller. When you wear those teeth bleaching trays your lips look a bit fuller until you take them out. Paste a piece of gum over your teeth and close your lips. They will look fuller. Look at people with buck teeth whose lips stretch to cover them. Your teeth should be straightened not only for cosmetic purposes but for dental health as they will be easier to clean so you won't get gum disease.

Hi,
that i true- it is not entirely cosmetic.
I actually have some problems biting food with one side of my teeth for the past while and do not want that to get worse too.
Most of the stuff I'm fixing you can not really see...

-$3,800 sounds really cheap.
Here, in Canada the cheapest braces are around $7,000+ as dentists like money it seems.
Nirasha
5% products discount

Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:32 am      Reply with quote
i never has braces but i did have my front teeth capped which made my lips fuller
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:02 am      Reply with quote
i noticed that my smile was wider (too wide i feel now)and my lip profile was flatter after braces - its why i love the lip exercises from ageless and dnt mind building up a slight chimpy mouth area as it will restore that fullness!

You may notice a change in your face shape after braces too, though i know you dnt have them on for that long so you may not find that!

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
Lori T

Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

Could I please get the name of your orhthodontist who told you your lips would droop? I've had my retainers for 2 1/2 weeks, and I noticed my top lip left side has drooped and my lips seem thinner. I've been trying to find why and support for this from others, but I can't find online about from a medical source that they can cause droopy lips etc.

Thank you very much!
epmarshall
5% products discount

Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:30 am      Reply with quote
It's worth noting that straightening teeth that are misaligned helps improve facial structure, as the teeth and jaw play a role in how effectively your face can hold itself up.
toomuchpink

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
3800 is cheap. My braces were 5600 in the States and that was with a referral discount.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I paid around $5-6k also. I've noticed some minor facial changes but also had a rhinoplasty. Also with aging, my lips have thinned, so now I'm looking into more fillers. Answer to the question, yes, I think it causes some facial changes but we seem to notice versus others. My overbite is being corrected which has changed my profile immensely and that I love. Smile Overall, very happy with my Invisalign and on "round 2" with retainers. Think I'll be done in October finally.

5% products discount

Sun May 01, 2016 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
While I had them on it made my lips bigger/fuller but I don't think it changed them after. It did change how I did things (like playing trumpet and whistling) which I have been unable to get the grasp of since!
kinoko

Tue May 03, 2016 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I had braces for years. It increased the flesh around my lips which made them look fuller, but if you don't have much tissue around that area your mileage may vary. This was due to traditional bracket braces irritating the tissue for years on end, which caused increased tissue to form. On the inside of my mouth, you can see visible scars running horizontally to this day, but they are inside my mouth, and only visible if I showed them to someone. Hope that helps.
Howunoriginal

Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Old post but I'll reply anyway. I had braces for 2 years and my profile and lips improved. Really it has a lot to do with how your teeth were before, and your overall face shape. My lips are now more symmetrical, and they look fuller. Before my lower lip stood out a little more, now it's more even with my upper lips, which is a good thing as I don't look as if I'm pouting all the time now.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting to read people's comments.

I was done with Invisalign quite a while ago, but now the wire the dentist had put on the back of my top teeth will not stick-he tried at least 6+ times and it keeps coming off.

So, now I have to wear an aligner at night part of the time,it is kind of annoying...

The wire for the bottom teeth has come off a bit a couple of times when I bit into some food that was too hard-like when I was eating a Italian sandwich and the bus was too hard (really,I even cut my lip on the bread, the crust was too crisp).
Injured by some bread, who expects that??

I will prob redo part of the Invisalign, my bottom teeth have moved a bit and I am not as pleased with them.
Two of my teeth are overlapping a bit and they were not like that before...
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Thank for the information
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Yes they do change the shape of your mouth and lips, for me it was a positive change.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:59 am      Reply with quote
With me, I now have higher cheek bones as a bonus after I finished my invisalign treatment, an alternative to braces.

The first step for me was to move the jaw forward. As a result, my lower lips are fuller now.

Ottawa Shopper wrote:
Kind of a dumb question Embarassed
But was wondering if anyone who had braces or Invisalign had some changing of the lip shape.

Not anything very drastic.
But even after one day I am noticing my lips look different and my bottom lip looks a bit bigger.
could be because my alligners are pushing my teeth forawrds a bit.

Forgot to ask the dentist about this today,but am curious of other peoples experience.

Also I think having the alligners is a good way to lose weight as you can only eat when you take them out..which means I am doing much less snacking.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |