Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Review ::: Dermalogica
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:25 am      Reply with quote
knathani wrote:
Fantastic products. I am a guy and I use the Skin Smoothing Cream (I have normal/dry skin) and it leaves my skin smooth and hydrated. It is quite expensive but you don't need to use that much.

Oh,i tried this before....but my cheek is a bit allergic to the cream....
POPO
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
kracker wrote:
less chemicals, less stuff for your skin to contend with and better results

that's what i trying 2 get 4 my face
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'm reading these reviews with amazement and it all goes to show that what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. I have used several Dermalogica products including the daily microfoliant (overpriced and average IMO), the MAP vitamin C (didn't do a thing for me), and the special cleansing whatever-it-is oil (again, an average product with a beyond average price tag). Aveeno's daily exfoliant worked way better for me at less than a third of the price for the daily microexfoliant. Good to hear some folks are happy with it though.

5% products discount

Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
My skin really doesnt like dermalogica.. The only thing that could fix it afterwards was 3 nights of sleep with jojoba oil on and nothing else.. Im not sure if it was an allergic reaction.. I used to use a lot of commercial non natural products a lot and I never got these results..
dynamitej

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I think with the daily microfoliant, not everyone can handle daily exfoliation. I switched to using it every other day and it works pretty well
CaryBear
5% products discount

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I have to say, Dermalogica makes my skin act nice. I use daily microfoliant and I have never seen such smoothness or clarity.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Hmm for me the daily microfoliant didn't do much. It worked for the first few weeks that I used it but then the effects just kinda wore off. I think I need a stronger exfoliant. Plus I really don't have time to exfoliate everyday
lilmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I have a hard time with the consistency when using the exfoliant as directed. It seems really dry and just rolls around on my skin. I now mix it directly with my cleanser and it works much better for me that way!
misspisces
5% products discount

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I find that the microfoliant dries out my skin and doesn't do much either. I actually prefer St. Ives ($3.99) for a large bottle. Everything else I use is dermalogica (precleanse, cleansing gel, toner, face cream, etc).
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Three cheers for the Barrier Repair. I live in Minnesota, which means I walk around with wind burnt, chapped skin 9 months out of the year no matter how much I baby it. I'm not a fan of silicones, but I need to think realistically- a bit of oil isn't going to protect me like cones will.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
The daily microfoliant definitely gave be a bit of brightening effect. Possibly the licorice extract. I think it has that. I definitely remember it having at least one brightener in it.

I am a fan. I just wish I knew where mine was... Neutral
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:04 am      Reply with quote
I love their cleansers, especially the age smart , the precleanse oil, and the microfoliant. I just think their treatment products are a bit weak in terms of actives. But that said, my skin can handle a lot and is not very sensitive.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I like the dermalogica products too... I used several bottle of dermal clay cleanser and hydrating mask..

Do anyone try its whitening line?
Margaritis
5% products discount

Sun May 08, 2011 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I have only tried the following two products from Dermatologica and they are both great,

1. Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel foams away impurities without leaving your skin feeling tight or dry.

2. Daily Microfoliant: Instantly leave skin noticeably smoother and brighter.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2011 9:38 am      Reply with quote
My whole skincare line used to be from Dermalogica. But then I switched over to a different line and my skin has improved so much more. I think Dermalogica has a lot of irritating ingredients like lavender oil, which made me break out in flesh-coloured bumps. It did somewhat help with pimples, but still not a great trade-off when you get fleshy bumps
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I like their Total Eye Care spf 15 and Multivitamin Power Firm eye cream. I use the Total Eye Care in the morning and the Power Firm at night. I love how the Total Eye Care brightens my eye area (and of course the spf!) and I also love how smooth the Total Eye Care glides on my skin. The Total Eye Care is rich enough to sooth my tired eyes and not too rich to cause milia around my eyes.
jjvk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Nice product! I tried Daily Microfolian which leave skin noticeably smoother and brighter.
Jaz071

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
I love Dermalogica products! I was introduced to them when I started Estheology school. I seen some amazing results on clients skin too.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:31 am      Reply with quote
The one product that I really like from the range is the Renewal Booster which contains 10% AHA and .5% BHA. It has a 3.6 PH level which is great for exfoliation. This is the only product from the range that I really like and have been using for the past 6 months. The rest of the range and I've tried bits and pieces of are ok but nothing really outstanding considering the price.
Jaz071

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
Three cheers for the Barrier Repair. I live in Minnesota, which means I walk around with wind burnt, chapped skin 9 months out of the year no matter how much I baby it. I'm not a fan of silicones, but I need to think realistically- a bit of oil isn't going to protect me like cones will.

I agree with you... I live in Minnesota too and the barrier repair works wonders for my skin!
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 13, 2024 4:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |