Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Argireline didn't work
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Dianne
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the relaxaline with 10% argireline to diminish my crow's feet since the beginning of November. I haven't had any results from it at all and I'm really disappointed. Now I see you can buy products on line with 15% argireline. Has anyone tried the higher strength? Should I give up or try the higher strength first? I really really really want this stuff to work for me.
DeeDee99
5% products discount

Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
My experience with Argireline has been mixed as well, but I have had limited success. I find the Argireline most effective when used on the forehead -- I don't know, maybe it's the nature of the muscles on this part of the face, but I can literally feel the product "numbing" the muscles there and the lines have diminished.
For crow's feet or laugh lines, however, I found it did nothing. Maybe I wasn't persistent enough in using it, but after a while of using it in those areas, I gave up and decided to only apply where it worked -- on the forehead alone.
I don't know if others have had a similar experience to mine, but even for the limited use to which I have put the Argireline, I will continue using it.
And I have used the 15% concentration, so I can't speak to the 10% you've used -- but my own skin care m.o. is, if there's a more potent product in the market, why not try it?
Hope this helps, Diane.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the studies on argireline showed that 10% showed results but anything above that actually showed a negative response or adverse effects??? Sad

What products have 15% argireline in them?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
lily wrote:
Can someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the studies on argireline showed that 10% showed results but anything above that actually showed a negative response or adverse effects??? Sad

What products have 15% argireline in them?

Until a percent of 15 is found totally safe I would not use it on my face. 10% has worked just fine for me. What would be the adverse effects? I can't answer this but will find out and get back to you.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Dianne wrote:
I have been using the relaxaline with 10% argireline to diminish my crow's feet since the beginning of November. I haven't had any results from it at all and I'm really disappointed. Now I see you can buy products on line with 15% argireline. Has anyone tried the higher strength? Should I give up or try the higher strength first? I really really really want this stuff to work for me.

Diane argireline never did do anything for me either and I tried 3 different brands. I REALLY wanted it to work too and gave it plenty of time to do so. It apparently works for some, just not for me.

-Cheri
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
That's so odd that it works for some and not for others. I'd say it has done the best job on my crow's feet and a really nice one on my forehead (but not as good as my crow's feet results). I've been using Relax-A-Line for about 9 mos. now and I only need it maybe every 3 days to keep the lines away. Used to use it every day and then every other day, etc. Maybe my poor, old, thin skin lets it penetrate better? Smile
DeeDee99
5% products discount

Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I hadn't heard that before...about the 15% perhaps having adverse effects...yikes!
The product I've used with 15% argireline is by Aloette. It's a stand-alone gel that they suggest you apply strictly on your lines and not all over the face.
Perhaps I'm wrong about the percentage....I went to their website to double-check, but they don't state the percentage...I could swear when I saw the product on the Shopping Channel they said it had 15% in it.
I don't know....I'll try to follow up on this, though, and I'll probably stop using the 15% until I get more info!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
lily wrote:

The main adverse effect that we know of for sure now, would most likely be to your pocketbook. Sad Generally, a higher percentage of Argireline will increase the price of the product since Argireline is a somewhat expensive ingredient.

You are correct that the results in the clinical trials were with a 10% solution.

JUDY

Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |