Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dark Eye Circles - Eye Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
magic_girl
5% products discount

Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
Just wondering if eye cream really can get rid of dark eye circles? How to they work? Basically, I would like to know what is the ingredient and mechanism which are able to eliminate dark eye circle effectively. Any recommendations of eye cream which you guys can share? I'm currently using Kose Eye Cream, I'm not sure if it can improve the appearance my dark eye cirle other than laser hehehe.. Thanks guys, hope you can share your knowledge here as I would like to look for an effective one XD!! Btw, I'm an Asian-Chinese Smile
takiko
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think eye cream can really effective get rid of dark circle.....I think you need to use eye mask
I've used [Baviphat] Dark Circle Eraser Eye Cream and it works pretty well
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Can not get rid of dark circles I am afraid, but you can camouflage it with a lighter conceiler though.

magic_girl wrote:
Hi all,
Just wondering if eye cream really can get rid of dark eye circles? How to they work? Basically, I would like to know what is the ingredient and mechanism which are able to eliminate dark eye circle effectively. Any recommendations of eye cream which you guys can share? I'm currently using Kose Eye Cream, I'm not sure if it can improve the appearance my dark eye cirle other than laser hehehe.. Thanks guys, hope you can share your knowledge here as I would like to look for an effective one XD!! Btw, I'm an Asian-Chinese Smile
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Unluckily dark circle is quite a difficult problem to get rid of....I am a victim of dark circle as well.
Apart from eyeycream and masks, massage will help too, better circulation and reduces dark circle
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
magic_girl wrote:
Hi all,

Hi magic_girl, is Kose eyecream widths trying. I am also looking for some good eye products. Ian now using clinique's all about eye. It's just so-so I think.
yofie
5% products discount

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Dark circles under eyes can be hereditary, but they can also become worse with stress, poor diet and lack of sleep. There are ways to reduce the color and puffiness of eyes by work with your body inside and out!

I'm currently using (and working with) StriVectin Eye Concentrate. I am probably the worst sleeper in the world so dark eye bags happen a lot for me and I have been seeing some results.

There are a million + products out there, so before you commit to one, try out some samples. If you are interested, go to strivectin.com/vipsweeps for a chance at one
takiko
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
forget to ask you to try eye mask too! I've used this [Innisfree] Q10 Collagen Eye Mask it has a effect on dark circle too
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:37 am      Reply with quote
In most case it's too difficult too fully cure dark circle. So using a good concellor is important. I think Laura mercier's is with good coverage and moisture. Any other recommended brands??
yofie
5% products discount

Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have concealer product names, but I do know you want to go for a concealer that is just a bit lighter than your natural skin and ONLY use your ring finger to apply it since there is less pressure and less chance at making wrinkles (no one wants that)!
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Yea, to use your ring finger to apply it lightly. Or you can choose a good and soft concealer brush
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
One more point to share, Laura mercier's eye perfected is really a perfect match with it's eyey concealor, they can make your dark circle nearly invisible!! Smile
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
This may not be enough of a solution for those with more intense darkness under their eyes, but what really works for me is the gelatin treatment (vit k), which I found on eds here a couple of years ago.

I just take about 1ml of unflavored gelatin crystals & mix it in about 5mls of boiling water til at least most of it dissolves. If it doesn't dissolve you've used too much, or waited too long before mixing. Then when its ready & cooled to just warm I spread that under my eyes (& the rest all over my face & backs of hands) and relax for a bit til it hardens/cracks and gets a bit uncomfortable. That's probably too long, actually!
I find it makes a significant difference on the appearance/health of my undereye skin.

But be aware that the original recipe which was misposted & ended up all over the internet is WRONG and calls for WAY more gelatin than is necessary. I can't imagine it being manageable at all. Such a shame for all who must have tried it and gave up!

Anyway, good luck finding your happy solution!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:58 am      Reply with quote
I havn't found anything could do work for my dark eye circles
yofie
5% products discount

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:37 am      Reply with quote
beautyrose wrote:

I don't know if you saw this, but I mentioned above how StriVectin has helped de-puff and de-bag my eyes (stress and lack of sleep don't make the prettiest of combinations).

If you are unsure, try before you buy. They have a sweepstakes right now where you can enter to win 1 of 10,000 free samples. Even better is the grand prize winner gets 2 tickets to the More Reinvention Convention in LA.

www.strivectin.com/vipsweeps

Is it just me or has anyone else had luck using StriVectin?
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:21 am      Reply with quote
yofie wrote:
beautyrose wrote:

I don't know if you saw this, but I mentioned above how StriVectin has helped de-puff and de-bag my eyes (stress and lack of sleep don't make the prettiest of combinations).

If you are unsure, try before you buy. They have a sweepstakes right now where you can enter to win 1 of 10,000 free samples. Even better is the grand prize winner gets 2 tickets to the More Reinvention Convention in LA.

www.strivectin.com/vipsweeps

Is it just me or has anyone else had luck using StriVectin?

Is this ok for sensitive skin??
livmaquillage
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
A good sleep every night helps most.
I recently found massage help with my eye bags. But I'm not sure if it works for dark circles. I believe eye creams can only help with temporary fine lines caused by dryness. However I'm still gonna try Natura Bisse diamond line to see if it can work any wonder...
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I agree that massage can help reduce dark-circle. But the way you massage is important, never massage the eye-area too strongly, but to slightly massage the area with your ring fingers.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Teamine eye cream helped to diminish my dark eye circles. Not 100% but it definitely helped.
Clean&Clear

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking for something to help with mine too. now that i am using obagi i am sure they will be more pronounced
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Clean&Clear wrote:
I am looking for something to help with mine too. now that i am using obagi i am sure they will be more pronounced

Hi Clean&Clear,

Dark circle and eye bag are really difficult to get rid of....I have been fighting with these 2 problems for many years already...

You may refer to the following post for a highly recommended eye mask:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31999

It's sounds effective but very expensive.

Hope this help Laughing
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Interesting that I have just posted my results about fighting the dark circles on another thread. But you can easily miss it because the thread was not about the dark circles per say. I have tried the cream for spider veins as an experimental treatment for myself, but it worked really well because the dark circles are very often the swollen veins, which are seen as blue-ish mess under the skin or darker colour if your skin is not pale.

Here is what I reported on http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6401445#6401445

Quote:
Just want to give the update on the progress. I am sure now that this spider vein cream helps with my particular problem of dark circles and upper lids colour.

I have used it on and off long enough by now to notice how it works on me.

1) During those days when I apply the cream around my eyes (in the evening), I certainly have coloured (more red-ish) upper eye lids. So I can say my veins are swollen. I use it for a day or two now during the week
2) then I stop, and I can see that my eye lids's veins hide away completely. I do not have problem with blue-ish circles under the eyes anymore.

I clearly remember that I had that before I started using this cream. I used to have the PROBLEM with my upper eye lids colour all the time, and now I can stay in my friend's house for holidays and not even bother applying makeup in the morning for breakfast. (not because I do not care, but because there is no problem anymore)

I am happy I tried it on my eye lids. And the bottle is so big (for an eye cream) that it will last me for years for the maintenance. Thanks for sharing about it.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:39 am      Reply with quote
if you are like me, your dark circles could be from allergies. i have found that taking probiotics has helped to reduce my allergic reaction to certain foods, and it has helped to reduce my dark circles too. i take antihistamines at night, which seems to help reduce the puffy under-eye problem.
i still have puffies and dark circles, but they are much better now that i am using the probiotics and antihistamines
SallyTay10

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I use to have the raccoon and beat up boxer look before. I used and continue to use Excel Skin Care's Dark Circle Under Eye Serum. Lighten it little by little and firm until You take back yourself. Great attributes being light weight, no greasy, non drying, non irritating.

Go through the amazon store for the lower buy with free shipping.
dongss_1999
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
I find some helpful tips to banish those under eye circles, here

1. BLACK TEA BAGS

After you wash your face in the morning, you will want to place black tea bags on your eyes. You will need one for each eye. The caffeine in the black tea will shrink the capillaries under the eyes and reduce the darkness. If you do not know how to get rid of dark circles, then this is the first step to try. Let them sit on your eyes for about 10 minutes.

2 ICE PACKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS

After you are finished with the tea bags, place an ice pack on your eyes. Try to find small ones, one for each eye. If not, one large one can be stretched across your eyes. Focus on icing the area under the eye. This will further shrink the capillaries and reduce puffiness. Sometimes dark under eye circles can be a result of puffy eyes or eye bags. The ice packs will reduce any puffiness that way be there form the night. Dark circles and puffiness can sometimes go hand in hand. Many times, people go looking for information on how to get rid of dark circles, when they should really look for how to get rid of bags under eyes. In the case of under eye bags, ice packs are the way to go. Leave them on for 10 minutes, or however long you can take it.

3 VITAMIN K CREAM

After you are finished icing your eyes, massage the eye area with a good quality eye cream containing vitamin K. Vitamin K is the best reducer of dark circles under the eyes. When you massage, focus on the area when the eye meets the nose, and work your way down until the whole area has been massaged. After you are finished, let your eyes rest for 15 minutes before applying make-up. It can be hard to know how to get rid of dark circles under eyes, but following these three easy steps will give your eyes a huge improvement!
i have the same problems, i think best way to banish dark circles is a good sleep, heathy way of life

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
LdeL RETINOL eye gel is really good.After using it for just 2 nights i noticed a huge difference.

Encapsulated Vitamin A smoothes the eye area and reduces the appearance of fine lines
Vitamins C & E as antioxidants to fight free radicals
Fragrance free for use on even the most sensitive skin
With continued use, this gentle formulation will help reduce puffiness, dark circles, and restore tone and elasticity

Thu May 02, 2024 2:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |