Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Estriol Cream for the Face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:48 am      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:

That lower face lift is Known by several names. QuickLift, minilift, it is not the thread lift it is a real cut an pull but the technique is different. I think you can access the info from the site where my picture is posted. That is The Skin Center where I had it done.

Here is the official QuickLift website; some great Before and After photos:

http://www.quickliftmd.com/photo-gallery/?ViewAll=78

Does anyone else think Case Number 29 looks very familiar?

http://www.quickliftmd.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=29&IMAGEID=73&StartRow=1&surgeon=

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Oh my goodness....yep seen that one before! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:10 am      Reply with quote
WHOA!!!!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:11 am      Reply with quote
thanks for keepng this one a surpise Lacy!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes, Thanks Lacy......Great find! Laughing

Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
@ Lacy53 - Case Number 29 looks so much like Ellie Schirra, she has a couple of youtube videos on facial exercises. I tried to post a link but I think because this is my first post it will not allow me to! I stumbled across this topic by accident.... Please forgive me if I'm wrong.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Stink1 wrote:
@ Lacy53 - Case Number 29 looks so much like Ellie Schirra, she has a couple of youtube videos on facial exercises. I tried to post a link but I think because this is my first post it will not allow me to! I stumbled across this topic by accident.... Please forgive me if I'm wrong.

Hi,
Not Lacy but,
It is her and there are a few links to her videos on the Ageless Sexy thread!

Welcome to the forum! Smile

Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DarkMoon :D
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Stink1 wrote:
Thanks DarkMoon Very Happy

You are welcome! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I think we thought she was too good to be true.. I thought she was perhaps pretending to be older than she was...but I didn't think she had a face lift, which btw is not a crime..but? pretending her youth was due to facial exercise? nut job.

BUSTED!!! Too funny.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
I think we thought she was too good to be true.. I thought she was perhaps pretending to be older than she was...but I didn't think she had a face lift, which btw is not a crime..but? pretending her youth was due to facial exercise? nut job.

BUSTED!!! Too funny.

Nope it's certainly no crime to have plastic surgery, but thinking you can BS the world is pathetic IMHO!

BUSTED BIG TIME! Bad Grin Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
rmc,

Congrats, you are gorgeous...do you have your total regimen posted anywhere!

Always looking to see what others do...

Mine revised:

AM: Cleansing Oil, followed by ZnO sunscreen

PM: Retin A alternated with oil based Vitamin C dermarolled in with a short needled roller

Somewhat monthly: longer needled roller, followed by my own vitamin serum

Irregularly: Botox, TCA peels, fillers

Considering a facelift at some point for sagging.

BF
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
oh forgot to add - I will also be using estrogen topically - alternating that with the Retin A and Vitamin C oil.

BF
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Cross posting from the CP thread, as I figured after we all have seen rmc7 we want to know her routine!!

rmc7 wrote:
Cp 1st RA, dermaroll, spread wet hands over face when dry esteriol and moisturize.

Bumping this up for Barefootgirl. I also asked rmc what her routine was!!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Interestingly, there is a study that implies that Estradiol has little effect on photoaged skin. The study was quite short though, only two weeks.
---
Estradiol may stimulate collagen levels in sun protected skin.
Topical estradiol can induce collagen synthesis but only in skin not exposed to sunlight, according to a recent study from scientists in Michigan.

Reduced collagen content is one of the features of aging skin, leading to a loss in strength and resilience, and an overwhelming number of anti-aging ingredients are designed to stimulate collagen synthesis in the dermis.

Although previous scientific studies have highlighted a possible role estrogens may play in collagen levels in aged skin, this new research suggests there may be significant differences between the effects of estrogens in skin that has been protected from sunlight and photoaged skin.

Estradiol has little effect on photoaged skin

The researchers, led by Dr Gary Fisher from the University of Michigan Medical School’s Department of Dermatology, found that applying estradiol, an estrogen, to photoaged skin, both on the forearms and the face, had little effect on the levels of collagen production in the skin.

During the study postmenopausal women applied various doses of estradiol to hip skin (representing naturally rather than photoaged skin) which lead to a dose dependent increase in procollagen I and III mRNA levels and in procollagen I protein.

Fisher and the team also noted that topical estradiol also increased procollagen expression in the hip skin of age-matched males, but to a lesser extent.

However, following a similar procedure but applying the estradiol to the forearm and the face did not significantly alter procollagen I or III mRNA levels.

The researchers did suggest that extending the experimental period may have had an effect on the results.

“It is possible that a treatment time of longer than 2 weeks would have demonstrated effects similar to those in sun-protected skin. Additional studies will be necessary to test this possibility,” write the authors.
Indirect pathway

Nevertheless, the authors concluded that the results suggest that estradiol must affect collagen levels indirectly ‘and that photoaged skin lacks an essential component to the estrogen-mediated collagen response’.

“Because photoaging is superimposed on natural aging in sun-exposed areas of the skin, our results suggest that alterations induced by long term sun exposure hinder the ability of topical estradiol to stimulate collagen production in aged humans skin in vivo” they added.

Text above from: http://mvorganics.com/news-research/sun-protected-skin-collagen-synthesis

Link to the study here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18794456
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I just checked out the Ageless Sexy vids on You Tube - there you claim to be 69, but here and on the Quick Lift site,....64?

Was the surgery before or after Ageless If You Dare exercises?

Thanks BF
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I just checked out the Ageless Sexy vids on You Tube - there you claim to be 69, but here and on the Quick Lift site,....64?

Was the surgery before or after Ageless If You Dare exercises?

Thanks BF

Oh I hate to do this to you BF but have you read the thread Ageless Sexy?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=39870

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
Interestingly, there is a study that implies that Estradiol has little effect on photoaged skin. The study was quite short though, only two weeks.
---
The researchers did suggest that extending the experimental period may have had an effect on the results.

“It is possible that a treatment time of longer than 2 weeks would have demonstrated effects similar to those in sun-protected skin. Additional studies will be necessary to test this possibility,” write the authors.
Indirect pathway

Nevertheless, the authors concluded that the results suggest that estradiol must affect collagen levels indirectly ‘and that photoaged skin lacks an essential component to the estrogen-mediated collagen response’.

“Because photoaging is superimposed on natural aging in sun-exposed areas of the skin, our results suggest that alterations induced by long term sun exposure hinder the ability of topical estradiol to stimulate collagen production in aged humans skin in vivo” they added.

Text above from: http://mvorganics.com/news-research/sun-protected-skin-collagen-synthesis

Link to the study here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18794456

Try this one; it's older research (1994) that involved a 24-week study of Premarin (conjugated Estrogens) applied to the face nightly:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7799828

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:08 am      Reply with quote
wow, just finished the other thread, what a trainwreck. Sad

This is exactly the kind of thing that drives me away from hawksters, promoters and those of their kind.

Here's a rhetorical question - don't we already suffer enough from the negative impacts of age-ism?

Each day, I find myself moving farther and farther away from those things that bring little more than angst.

I will continue to do what I can, but I think it's time for a reality check (speaking for myself).

BF
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:12 am      Reply with quote
oops, meant to say huckster, not hawkster, got my terms mixed up - since people "hawk" products.

Always be wary of the snake oil.

BF
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
oops, meant to say huckster, not hawkster, got my terms mixed up - since people "hawk" products.

Always be wary of the snake oil.

BF

Apologies once again BF, I agree about avoiding things that cause angst, life throws enough our way already.
I must admit to a pet peeve with dishonesty, it tends to get my ire up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder why people are afraid to admit to surgery? I guess it's better to make a total fool out of yourself and get caught in a HUGE lie???!!! I just don't get it. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
I wonder why people are afraid to admit to surgery? I guess it's better to make a total fool out of yourself and get caught in a HUGE lie???!!! I just don't get it. Confused

LOL. rmc That makes 2 of us, I can understand models and actresses fudging their age only because of the ageism out there, a girl's got to eat. It really does go against my grain for people to lie.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Well, if you are involved in promoting facial exercise, it would appear more convincing to claim that all your improvement came from facial exercise and neglect to mention the surgery.

Again, snake oil.

BF
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Seems like there is an emphasis on how things (surgeries and what else not) will only last a few years.

That's like getting busted but still not fully admitting? Hmmm...

I don't like misrepresentation. JMHO. Neutral
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |