Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Favourite Eye Makeup Remover ??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I recently tried Thalgo Gentle Eyemakeup Remover.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/thalgo-gentle-eye-make-up-p_3024.htm
It works well - I think I like it better than the Marcelle Gentle Eyemakeup Remover ... enough to justify the difference in price ??? Not sure !!

Lancome's Bi-Facil is still my go to product if I've worn a lot of makeup, but if I haven't, I like the Thalgo and/or the Marcelle.

I think my search is over ... at least for the time being !!! Laughing

5% products discount

Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just use extra virgin olive oil. That's just simple and perfect, it remove every eye make up
Or for a product, i use Lancome Bi facil, it work really well
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
I used to use Neutrogena's eye makeup remover and it works like a charm. Relatively cheap and you can find it anywhere. However, since switching over to Fancl's MCO, I find that it removes my stubborn mascara well.

Agreed that fancl's MCO is a great product, not only a great eye makeup remover, it's actually a very efficient clensing oil that can wash all your markup perfectly well!!
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:47 am      Reply with quote
jayraven wrote:
I just use extra virgin olive oil. That's just simple and perfect, it remove every eye make up

I like using extra virgin olive oil too. I just love natural products. But sometimes I found that it can't perfectly remove my mascara.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Katy wrote:
jayraven wrote:

I like using extra virgin olive oil too. I just love natural products. But sometimes I found that it can't perfectly remove my mascara.

Have you tried mixing it with a little Castor Oil? I do and let it sit on my lashes to dissolve my mascara and it gets it all off. I may need to reapply and tissue off 2-3 times but it all comes off like a dream! Smile

5% products discount

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:07 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Katy wrote:
jayraven wrote:

Have you tried mixing it with a little Castor Oil? I do and let it sit on my lashes to dissolve my mascara and it gets it all off. I may need to reapply and tissue off 2-3 times but it all comes off like a dream! Smile

Oh, i'll try it. With olive oil, i do the same thing like you, let it sit on my lashes for a while
havana8

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I was recently gifted with Liz Earle's Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion and have been pleasantly surprised at how well it works to remove eye makeup including mascara (in this case, Loreal's Voluminous) without being oily. I find it to be a good one!
livmaquillage
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
I use Kanebo eye makeup remover as a substitute for lancome's bi-facil. I works as great as lancome but much cheaper.

If you don't use waterproof mascara, I think you can just use your facial cleansing cream around eye area and use a little bit of eye makeup remover on cotton swab to remove eyeliner.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I just wrote in another thread how I tried eyeliner gel for the first time & used it on my waterline - and was shocked at how it wouldn't come off! I don't normally use a lot of gunky eye makeup, but my old stash of prescriptives remover & I think lancolm(?) always worked easily. Neither worked at ALL! I finally used my daily oil cleanser (castor & I think rice bran oil right now), and it worked.
Really freaked out that the remover didn't work though.. I was used to that stuff pretty much melting off any product in the past.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Lori,
I use Smashbox gel liner, but not inside the eyelid. Most all gel liners are pretty good at staying put once dry, I have always needed oil to remove them. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:04 am      Reply with quote
I was just looking for recommendations for a great eye makeup remover and found this thread. Are all these recommendations still the consensus or has anyone got any newer ones?
I've been using jojoba oil as I prefer natural and read it was the main ingredient in so many eye makeup removers and so it would work great on it's own.
I find I can never fully get it off and always wake up with slightly black eyes in the am and I am not even using waterproof mascara.
I do remember always loving the Lancome Bi-facils but it's quite pricy. I'd prefer a more natural and less pricey option..
although has anyone tried the Lancome Effacil Gentle one? - any difference?

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on my 2nd bottle of Thalgo eye makeup remover and still really like it. I keep the Lancome's BiFacil on hand if I wear waterproof mascara, but I only use it for that. I also tried Marcelle's Gentle Eyemakeup Remover again, but returned to Thalgo.

Thalgo is really gentle on my eyes, but gets all the mascara off without pulling. Marcelle is gentle, but I found I had to rub harder to get all the mascara removed. BiFacil is still a great product, but Thalgo works just as well (for half the price) on the regular wearing mascara.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Benefit's "Gee that was Quick" oil-free makeup remover for eyes and face. It works great on taking my mascara off and no irritation since I wear contacts. For some reason though, I just checked Sephora and it is not coming up on their website (which is where I purchase it from). Hopefully, they didn't discontinue it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I ended up getting the Lancome Bi-facils again and realize why it's such an outstanding product. My god it's the best! I'm not going to mess with perfection any longer Laughing

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Lancome as well. Cle de peau has a nice remover , but would not purchase as I prefer Lancome. Very Happy
Aryanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
hey..did anyone here try the Body shop, Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover? I wanted to buy it for a while now but a review would be great from anyone Smile
n1princess
5% products discount

Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Top makeup removers that I have ever used are Mary Kay and Albolene... I use waterproof mascara and they remove it with ease.... Albolene is on the thicker side so if you have drier skin I would say try that.. it is sold in a tub at all the drug stores like CVS, Walgreens, RiteAid... it is used by people that wear alot of stage makeup .. they swear by it.. that is how I first found out about it... my GF was a showgirl and the makeup they use is very thick and they all use that to remove their Makeup... I use them both and love them... they take off even the heaviest of makeup.....
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Missha eye make up remover, it is easy to remove mascara.

5% products discount

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
When I’m not using mascara, I use DHC Cleansing Oil to remove all makeup including eye makeup. I use one pump, warm it with my fingers, and massage it around my face. It takes everything off, including waterproof gel liner. Then I use cotton pads to wipe my face clean.

When I’m using mascara, I use Lancome Bi-Facil or L’Oreal’s version of it. I dip cotton swabs into the solution and gently remove the mascara on my lashes. After that, I use DHC Cleansing oil to remove the rest of the makeup.
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:37 am      Reply with quote
I love The Balm's Balms Away Eye Make Up Break Up.It removes every bit of eye makeup gently and thoroughly.It seems expensive for a small tin($20.00) but you only need a tiny bit so it lasts forever.The best part for me is that it doesn't leave you with "blurry eye syndrome" as many oil based removers can do.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I have tried
Lancome Bi Facial
Chanel
Cle de Peau

I really love Cle de Peau & Chanel, but I don't like the price.

Then I tried Bioderma and I like it, but the price is almost the same as the high end.
I got a sample of Vichy 3 in 1 cleansing micellar solution and that works just as good as the list above, but I don't know the price.

Right now, I am using Embryolisse cream to remove my heavy makeup and rinse with Cetaphil for oily skin cleanser. It works with no irritation.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Read the ingredients on most eye makeup removers and they are all bad! lots of chemicals! I dont want that stuff near my eyes so I just DIY.

I use Cosmedix Benefit Gentle Cleanser for my face so I use one of those 50ml travel bottles which I have filled with cooled but previously boiled, filtered water, I put half a pump of the Cosmedix Cleanser and about 5 drops of vodka (for antibacterial purposes), shake it all up and that's my eye makeup remover. A small 50ml bottle means I use it up b4 it can grow bacteria (or too much) and I just replenish every few weeks.

I dont use waterproof eye products so this works fine but if I did use waterproof products I'd probably just remove with one of my natural oils I keep in my bathroom.

Vodka is a very good antiseptic in case of emergencies - I dont drink the stuff (I dont drink alcohol) but keep booze in the pantry for guests - but I've been known to dab some vodka on a zit too! Wink pretty good at emergency zit zapping! lol Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |