Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
fine lines around mouth get worse as day progresses
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lesarah

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Why is it that when I first wake up my face is free of fine lines around my mouth(nose to mouth line) but whenever I smile and the day goes on they progressively become more visible?

How can I keep this from happening?

also:
-I have dry skin
-I do wear makeup
-I only have fine lines on my left side of my face
misssalvina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:15 am      Reply with quote
The same thing happened to me and I have dry skin also.
My opinion is that is because the foundation dries out my skin. Recently I purchased Tinted Moisturiser and used that instead of foundation.
The lines look a little better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Your lines can get more noticeable as the day progresses because your skin becomes dehydrated by exposure to the environment. You can try spraying a hydrosol or putting on a facial oil when you notice the lines and that may help to plump up your skin so they are less noticable. Or use a more emollient moisturizer that you have been using in the morning or add a facial oil to your routine in the morning.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I thought this sounded familiar to me with something I had read on the Estee Lauder site. This is what the Estee Lauder site had to say about wrinkles getting worse during the day:

Clinical studies show throughout the day, the
visible depth of lines and wrinkles is significantly exaggerated, casting shadows that sap your skin of its lively look.

(This is regarding the CP+ serum if you are interested. http://www.esteelauder.com/perfectionist/index.tmpl?cm_sp=CollectionTab-_-Perfectionist-_-PerfectionistBoutique)
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I can relate to this - when I apply my makeup in the morning I think I look fresh faced and bushy tailed - a couple of hours later I look like a dried up old prune - and that's how it remains for the rest of the day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
When you wake up you are relaxed. As the day progresses, tension and stress build and we all have little facial habits -- frowning or pursing the lips, for example -- that make the lines more noticeable.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
When you wake up you are relaxed. As the day progresses, tension and stress build and we all have little facial habits -- frowning or pursing the lips, for example -- that make the lines more noticeable.

Not to mention the effects of gravity!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so I guess for me I will make sure all my errands are done by 11:00 am and then go home and stay there. Repeat daily. Wink

I'm going to check this product out at Macy's. Maybe they will have samples.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
SoftSkin wrote:

Not to mention the effects of gravity!

Maybe we all need to spend 1/2 our day standing on our heads? I guess then our scalp would sag when we righted ourselves??? Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Ok, so I guess for me I will make sure all my errands are done by 11:00 am and then go home and stay there. Repeat daily. Wink

LOL! Are you meaning you are going to try to get samples of the Estee Lauder CP+? I am really wanting to try that one myself. I am actually shocked, but I have liked the few things I have tried from that line.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Frodo wrote:

LOL! Are you meaning you are going to try to get samples of the Estee Lauder CP+? I am really wanting to try that one myself. I am actually shocked, but I have liked the few things I have tried from that line.

Yes, samples from EL. I use their tinted moisturizer and love it. I also like the mascara that you get when you get a gift with purchase. It's in a short tube, wish it always came that way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

Yes, samples from EL. I use their tinted moisturizer and love it. I also like the mascara that you get when you get a gift with purchase. It's in a short tube, wish it always came that way.

Keep me posted if you do get a sample. I have been watching their site like a hawk waiting for the CP+ sample to show up. I am going to order the eye cream, but I have been holding off hoping the CP will show up!
JonnyNJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:18 am      Reply with quote
Okay- perennial sucker that I am, I will be going to Macys and I'm going to buy both Perfectionist products.

I sold cosmetics for a few years and I always thought that Estee Lauder had the best skin care technology of the standard major cosmetic lines. I'm an ex research chemist (30yrs) so I usually know my way around an ingredient label or technical info.

For anyone that's interested: I'm 55 years old and at 5'3" and 95 lbs I have no fat on my face so every sag and fine line shows.

I have lines around my lips, semi major marionette lines and sagging lower jaw skin in the chin area. For some reason my forehead and eye areas are doing okay with only a few fine lines.

I've seen results with Vitamin C, copper peptides, and Retin-A but I think that it would truly take a miracle in a bottle to get the results that I'm looking for in a topical product. My next step will be injected fillers. A lower face lift will be my last resort.

Anyway, I'm going to give it a go and see if these products will help some. I will report my results on the forum if I see some early results and definitely after I've reached the bottom of the bottles.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:19 am      Reply with quote
JonnyNJ wrote:
I have lines around my lips, semi major marionette lines and sagging lower jaw skin in the chin area. For some reason my forehead and eye areas are doing okay with only a few fine lines.

I've seen results with Vitamin C, copper peptides, and Retin-A but I think that it would truly take a miracle in a bottle to get the results that I'm looking for in a topical product. My next step will be injected fillers. A lower face lift will be my last resort.

That pretty much sums up my situation also - although I can't ever see myself having a face-lift. Next Friday I'm having a consultation to see whether I'm a good candidate for PRP treatments. I'm hoping that these might rejuvenate my lower face a little - although positive reviews on the treatment (both by patients and doctors) are hard to find.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:13 am      Reply with quote
JonnyNJ wrote:
Okay- perennial sucker that I am, I will be going to Macys and I'm going to buy both Perfectionist products.

Anyway, I'm going to give it a go and see if these products will help some. I will report my results on the forum if I see some early results and definitely after I've reached the bottom of the bottles.

I love perennial suckers (especially since I am one! Wink )

I can't wait for your initial thoughts and review! I actually think the EL products have improved due to Yarosh.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Was, and I say was going to make a trip to Macy's today to check this product out but.....we are enjoying a beautiful sight. Hugh snow flakes the size of a saucer at about 2 incher per hour. I will be house bound for quite some time. Too much snow even with the tank I drive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Was, and I say was going to make a trip to Macy's today to check this product out but.....we are enjoying a beautiful sight. Hugh snow flakes the size of a saucer at about 2 incher per hour. I will be house bound for quite some time. Too much snow even with the tank I drive.

Sorry Frodo! But to be honest I really miss that, as long as I had power, which unlike with the hurricanes I lucked out and never lost and a ton of food in the fridge and freezers (kids) I was thrilled to get snowed in! We were for about 2 weeks one time and the kids had no school for a month! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:44 am      Reply with quote
What tank do you drive? I had a 1/2 ton 4WD Suburban! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

H2 with STUDS! I'm a wimp and not afraid to admit it. It's my winter car because of all the idiots that believe 4-wheel drive makes it OK to drive 70 mph in bad weather. Lots of winter accidents here do to 4 wheel drive speeders especially on the way to Mt. Bachelor to ski. Might live thru a crash but I know there are no guarantees.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

H2 with STUDS! I'm a wimp and not afraid to admit it. It's my winter car because of all the idiots that believe 4-wheel drive makes it OK to drive 70 mph in bad weather. Lots of winter accidents here do to 4 wheel drive speeders especially on the way to Mt. Bachelor to ski. Might live thru a crash but I know there are no guarantees.

I grew up and learned to drive in the snow so I know what you mean! The crazies that think you can play speed racer just because it's 4WD made me nuts and caused accidents. Easy and slow is the way to go.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:41 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Frodo wrote:

Keep me posted if you do get a sample. I have been watching their site like a hawk waiting for the CP+ sample to show up. I am going to order the eye cream, but I have been holding off hoping the CP will show up!

Is this the Perfectionist [CP+] sample, riley? If so, I think it is up now: http://www.esteelauder.com/promotions/samples.tmpl?cm_mmc=email-_-November-_-11_29Cyber_Celebration_EANB-_-samp3
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

Is this the Perfectionist [CP+] sample, riley? If so, I think it is up now: http://www.esteelauder.com/promotions/samples.tmpl?cm_mmc=email-_-November-_-11_29Cyber_Celebration_EANB-_-samp3

That's it, havana! I placed my order and can't wait to get that sample!
JonnyNJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I ended up ordering the two Perfectionist products from the Estee Lauder website instead of going to Macys because I wanted some free samples.

...WAIT!! That's not true. The truth is that I can not be trusted to go Macys for these two products. I will walk out with at least 3-5 more. Two many counters with two many products.

As it is, I bought the 3.4oz Wrinkle Lifting Serum at $125 instead of the 1.7oz at $80 or the 1oz at $55 even though I've never tried the product and like most products it will probably not do what it says it will do. Why? Because I couldn't pass up the "deal".

Alas, woe is me... I am such a hopeless sucker.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
havana8 wrote:

That's it, havana! I placed my order and can't wait to get that sample!

I have a sample of the Perfectionist CP+, and it is quite generous! Ok, I'm gonna rub it into my smile lines for and see what happens Very Happy
But unlike the EL ANR, the Perfectionist does not have very good MUA reviews.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

I have a sample of the Perfectionist CP+, and it is quite generous! Ok, I'm gonna rub it into my smile lines for and see what happens Very Happy
But unlike the EL ANR, the Perfectionist does not have very good MUA reviews.

Oh, that is great to hear that the sample is generous! I saw that MUA didn't have great reviews on it, which is why I held off ordering the full size. I did look at the reviews elsewhere (meaning the department stores!) and they were all good. We'll see!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |