Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Slendertone face vs Tua Viso
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
http://www.slendertone.com/face/default.aspx

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/health/article-23741220-details/The+hands-free+facelift+kit+on+sale+for+300/article.do

What do you guys think?

Knock-off of Tua Viso?

But look at the price tag: Ł300 Rolling Eyes
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
More like a knock-off Cleo (gadget with electrodes that's been out in the UK for years)!

I had a Cleo for a few months but didn't see any difference, and the pads were extortionate, so I sold mine on ebay.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi summer - I've had the TV for 3 months with much improved facila tone and lifting. As you know, the TV does not use electrodes/pads
which are separate from the body of the machine.
With the TV, the current does come from the machine and there is no cord etc in between the sponges and the base of the machine. The Slendertone does allow you to be hands free and the TV doesn't. With all the terrific comments on the TV on this forum, you really can't go wrong buying the TV - and the price is reasonable. However, if you need to be hands free, you might try the Slendertone and check on the return policy. You can also wait to see what other users have to say about the Slendertone before you pruchase. The "EMS" appears to be the same type current but delivered in different ways. DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
More like a knock-off Cleo (gadget with electrodes that's been out in the UK for years)!

I had a Cleo for a few months but didn't see any difference, and the pads were extortionate, so I sold mine on ebay.

I have had a very difference experience with CLEO - I think it is the only "gadget" that really has a lasting effect - in the EMS bracket.

I find TUA VISO effects are short lived.

I think people should really consider looking at CLEO Q which is the latest version of their product. I have had and continue to have excellent results. The pads have lasted me for two years.

PQ.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, now I have to look at the Cleo Q...lol I'll never get my mind made up! It seems to work like a TENS unit.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
PQ, it was a Cleo Q I had too. I tried using Tac Gel and Tensive Gel (cheaper version) to make the electrodes last a bit longer. Eventually a horrible "prickly" sensation would occur and I'd have to buy new ones.

There's no way I could've made one set of electrodes last 2 years, they only last a few weeks at a push. I'd love to know how you do it!

I even had problems with the leads and had to replace them after a while.

Maybe I just don't respond well to EMS devices Neutral

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I agree. I find that it does work as long as you keep using it. But who has the time?! When you stop, the muscle tone goes back to before. You just have to keep using it or just do your crunches.
So now I combine using the TUA VISO twice a week and also do my ab exercises.
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:37 am      Reply with quote
OOPS...correction, I meant to say my TUA Silver for the body..not TUA VISO.
Anne Dean

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:38 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
ljk wrote:

I have had a very difference experience with CLEO - I think it is the only "gadget" that really has a lasting effect - in the EMS bracket.

I find TUA VISO effects are short lived.

I think people should really consider looking at CLEO Q which is the latest version of their product. I have had and continue to have excellent results. The pads have lasted me for two years.

PQ.

Dear PQ
I want to learn more about the Cleo Q. I have heard it has an attachment to strengthen the pelvic floor and bladder to help with incontinence... a weak bladder.

Can you... or anyone out there... provide comments on this particular subject and gadget?

Thank you,
AD
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:14 am      Reply with quote
The Tua Viso has more overall results for me than the Slendertone Face. The SLF lifted up & plumped out my upper (apple part) of the cheeks but did s**t all for my lower face & jowls - persevered with 70 sessions of the damned expensive unit Rolling Eyes More money down the drain, will I ever learn?

I do like the massage mode though. I hate the way it scrunches my lower jowly face forward & think it has made this area WORSE Shock .

Back to my Tua Visos (2)this week (been using these off & on since 2004/2005), & results already - why did I abandon this gadget Confused Have ordered Tua Trend to see how it measures up to TV.It is supposedly a more advanced version!

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
IlsaLund
5% products discount

Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Girls please help... I am so confused with all the devices. Should I go for TuaViso, Safetox or Slendertone? I am 31years old and I am noticing first wrinkles and hollows under my eyes. I had fillers to diminish the hollows but I didn't liked the result and I prefer to stay away from fillers(in the eye area)in future. My cheeks need some improvement as well. I never did any facial exercise and I am a pretty busy person to be honest( working mum of a 8 year old). I am looking forward to hear your advice!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I would think the Tua Viso would cover your under eye area and cheeks. I also am a believer in facial exercises and don't see them taking any longer than the Tua Viso. Most programs can be done within 15 min...Tua will probably take longer. I love Safetox but while it does great things for upper eye lids and forehead, I have seen no help with the under eye issues nor with my cheeks. Slendertone hasn't had all the thumbs up here from owners.I do not own one.

5% products discount

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Toby you are always so helpful- I have learned so much from your posts already!
I was always a bit afraid of facial exercise because of some posters complaining of sunken mid-face area.
The older I get the more I am into natural approach to anti-ageing. I always believed that it is better to prevent than to cure. It was one of the reasons I started having botox injections once a year from the age of 26.
I thought that it will prevent wrinkles from forming but in reality it might have contributed to a weird hollowness in the eye area. Now (with all the wisdom gathered while reading EDS) I decided to quit botox and fillers and try something else.
I know that TuaViso is not on top of your list but I thought that it might be good for a start. I thought that I could use it while working on my computer and firm up my facial muscles a bit.
I am clueless which facial exercise programme I should be using- there are so many! I lean towards Tanaka- technique, but I need to read more on this subject. I will purchase gently used TuaViso of eBay and see where it gets me...
Thank you again Toby for persuading me not to buy Safetox!

Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |