Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Laser lipo tomorrow
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I'm going in for a laser lipo on my upper arms, inner thighs and knees tomorrow. I have these pockets of fat that won't go away even with 2 hours of exercise a day every single day for the past 6 months. They have a special on the laser lipo, and it's done by a board certified MD. I just couldn't pass it up. I could either spend the same amount of money on personal trainer and after all the training, and sweat and 6 months later, I will most likely still have these pockets of fat on me, or just go for the sure thing. I chose the sure thing. Confused

I have no idea how it will turn out. I'm very excited and nervous at the same time. This center specializes and only does laser lipo, and does hundreds of them each month. So I'm hoping for the best results.

Has anyone ever done laser lipo? What's your results? Mine is the smart lipo.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Good luck Natalyn! Here's a video of the procedure, for those of you who are interested:

http://www.smartlipo.ca/

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
thanks so much lacy! The video is very informative. I feel a little less scared now. I hope the lady wasn't lying when she said it didn't hurt at all.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:36 am      Reply with quote
That looks interesting!

But after looking at their site, I do not think it is the thing to fix my arm Sad
I have a problem with loose skin on one arm due to too much inflamation and stratching of my skin a few years ago.

-so now my arm has that "bingo wing" look but just on one arm.
there is another term for this but can't remember it.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
That looks interesting!

But after looking at their site, I do not think it is the thing to fix my arm Sad
I have a problem with loose skin on one arm due to too much inflamation and stratching of my skin a few years ago.

-so now my arm has that "bingo wing" look but just on one arm.
there is another term for this but can't remember it.

bat wing?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Please come back here and let us know how this works out for you.

Best wishes! BF
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I've heard great things about smart lipo. I don't blame you..working out for six months means you gave it a reasonable try to do it naturally. These are the cases that they say are perfect for these procedures.
So many people don't even diet or exercise and go straight for lipo..and then it is a mistake.
I have sisters who've done that...and it just made other "skinny" parts of their bodies fat later because they never modified their behaviors and went for the quick fix.

Good luck...can't wait to hear how it goes!
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks all for the encouragement. I did it and I am back to report.

First it hurt! That lady either lied, or had a high tolerance for pain. I'm such a baby, and was always crying out just when I got the lidocaine injections. Oh man, I had no idea that the areas close to the armpits, knees, and inner thighs are so sensitive.

The entire procedure took only about an hour for the 3 areas. It was 2 hours and 30 mins total to walk out the door what with prepping me, giving me meds, and getting the compression garments on.

It also hurt afterwards, and I took the pain killer they gave me. I only had 6 of them, and took 2 yesterday. I was worried that I would not have enough, so when the doctor called to check on me, I asked for more but he said no. He told me to switch to tylenol, aleve, or advil if pain persisted. It's not so painful now. I can't tell how skinny my arms and legs will be since I'm swelling and wearing the compression garments. My arms looked good after he was done sucking out my fat though when I peaked at them.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure you'll be fine. So much anxiety after enduring something like that. I think your fear of the pain is natural. Those doctors are so used to seeing their patients go through it and recover..they don't realize it is all new to them..and they are hurting and scared.

But his/her somewhat unfeeling attitude would not be in play if anything was wrong. Look at it that way! Smile
I'm sure when the swelling goes down..you'll be looking fine and hopefully feeling fine as well.

keep us posted.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks hotdocgirl. Very Happy The pain level is more tolerable today. I took off the compression garments yesterday to shower, but I was stupid to think I could wash and dry them fast enough before I had to put them back on. I should not have washed them. After the compression garments came off and I was standing there washing them in the sink, I started to get light headed. I had to lie down and asked my hubby to finish washing them for me. Also they could not be dried in the dryer! Embarassed He used the airdry only mode, and it took forever to dry. These garments aren't being washed again for 2 weeks! I am bruised all over, but mostly my right arm got it worst. There's lot of swelling, so I really can't tell what the final results will look like. Final results aren't till 6 months from now. He said he would not take out too much fat because he didn't want me to look like Tracy Reid! What is wrong with looking like her?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Tara Reid had some bad lipo a few years, she has since had it fixed.

Felling faint when you take the garment off for the first time is very common.

Happy Healing!
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, girlygirl. Oh it was Tara Reid. LOL I thought Tracy Reid didn't sound right. I'm afraid to take off the garments now, but I am itching all over. I had no idea laser lipo would be this tough. I thought it was going to be easier than the traditional lipo, but I can't imagine the traditional being worse. Maybe I am such a baby. Embarassed
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Laser is combined with traditional and it just makes it easier for the dr. Unfortunately some dr's try to make it seem like its super easy for you but its still the same trauma for your body. From what I have read recovery is the same.

I'm a little surprised they let you shower the next day. Most dr's don't want you remove your garment for atleast 3 days. I would leave the garment on as much as possible. Your itching is normal, its part of healing.

I thinkwww.realself.com is a really helpful site for all kinds of procedures.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Oh goodness, I was reading some Q&A on realself, and I had to stop. I don't want to know about all the possible complications. Keeping fingers crossed I'll be ok now that I already did it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
Oh goodness, I was reading some Q&A on realself, and I had to stop. I don't want to know about all the possible complications. Keeping fingers crossed I'll be ok now that I already did it.

Oh Natalyn, That sounds like me, my doctor told me ages ago "Don't read the inserts from the rx, you project everything on yourself!"

I am sure you will heal just fine, just take it slow and try not to worry! Smile

Keeping you in my positive thoughts. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
Thanks all for the encouragement. I did it and I am back to report.

First it hurt! That lady either lied, or had a high tolerance for pain. I'm such a baby, and was always crying out just when I got the lidocaine injections. Oh man, I had no idea that the areas close to the armpits, knees, and inner thighs are so sensitive.

The entire procedure took only about an hour for the 3 areas. It was 2 hours and 30 mins total to walk out the door what with prepping me, giving me meds, and getting the compression garments on.

It also hurt afterwards, and I took the pain killer they gave me. I only had 6 of them, and took 2 yesterday. I was worried that I would not have enough, so when the doctor called to check on me, I asked for more but he said no. He told me to switch to tylenol, aleve, or advil if pain persisted. It's not so painful now. I can't tell how skinny my arms and legs will be since I'm swelling and wearing the compression garments. My arms looked good after he was done sucking out my fat though when I peaked at them.

Well, not sure if u r in the US or Canada,but in Canada you can buy tylenol with codeine at the drugstore over the counter with no prescription-even walmart sells it!
but in the US you can not walk into a store and get this,
I think it is called "tylenol #1".

the only thing I know of surgeries is you look good right after,but then you get tons of inflamation after and brusing and it takes a while to go away.

My sister had a nose job this year and she looked like she was punch in the face for a few weeks...or so she said.

I've had surgery on one eyelid and also my arm a while ago (not cosmetic,but to fix a vein)-and I looked fine first,but then half an hour later I look like i was punched in the face.
And my arm was very sore and super bruised to a couple months.
anyways hope you recover well
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:

Oh sweetie try not to worry! I think the important thing, which you already know, is that results can take a long time. So if you develop any lumps etc dont worry about it now because you are still healing. I bet it turns out just fine.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Motrin, for me, works better than any RX painkiller. It relieves the inflammation and helps with the pain but w/o the constipation that vicodine gives.
Hope you are on the mend!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:40 am      Reply with quote
How does this work? If they do not suck out the fat - how does it get removed from the body?

Thanks, BF
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Good luck Natalyn! Here's a video of the procedure, for those of you who are interested:

http://www.smartlipo.ca/

Hi BF,

Lacy posted the link with an actual video of the procedure.

HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm interested in the skin tightening. I don't really have any excess fat.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, thank you so so much for all your support. It's a big help. I'm trying to stay positive.

It's Day 6 for me today after surgery. I'm still sore. I peaked at my knees since it was easy to lift the compression garment which looks like stylish leggings, and peak at the knee area. There are purplish bruises all over. I have not taken off the compression garments since that first day. I'm too scared to do that again, so yes, I'm stinky. I only wash whatever parts I can. All I can say is that I will not be as stinky as those Chilean miners who could not shower for 69 days. I think I should be able to shower after 2 weeks?

I'm going back for a check up tomorrow. I am afraid to look at the treated areas. I'm sure my arms will have it worst since the first day when I took off the garments, they were the worst with bruises.

I feel really fat because of the swelling. Even my calves have got bigger. I think the fluid drains and collects there?

The pain is not too bad now, so I don't have to take any more pain killer. I actually switched to Tylenol PM on Day 2. I still have 4 hydrocodones left. So I was worried about not having enough for nothing.

I'm also back at work and doing normal activities. I just have not gone back on a treadmill yet. I'm afraid to.

In regards to skin tightening, I asked the doctor about that. He said that the laser will only make the skin tighter up to the existing point before the fat was removed, so that the skin won't be loose after the fat has been removed. It won't get tighter beyond that.

The doctor actually does a fat transfer to the butt, too, when I inquired, but that would be another $5K. Also he said the fat may stay or may go away after 3 years depending on each person. He said I could reschedule if I wanted to do that, too, and come back because he would need to prepare a different equipment for the fat transfer part. I decided against it since I was not sure I'd have enough fat to build my butt, and $5K could go down the drain in 3 years if I lose all the fat by metabolizing it.

Has anyone done a fat transfer before? Does the fat stay on permanently? I was also interested in the fat transfer to the tear troughs but the doctor does not do it for the face.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:

Has anyone done a fat transfer before? Does the fat stay on permanently? I was also interested in the fat transfer to the tear troughs but the doctor does not do it for the face.

I've researched fat transfer quite a bit. From what I have read about it, the body will re-absorb 1/3-2/3 of what is injected over 6 months to a year. So some dr's will inject extra knowing this will happen to help leave a better final result. They really cant guarantee how much fat will stay transferred. 5K is a awful lot of money.

When they lipo out the fat for a fat transfer they have to use traditional lipo because lasers will damage the fat that is removed. Apparently fat cells are very delicate.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
How does this work? If they do not suck out the fat - how does it get removed from the body?

Thanks, BF

The fat is sucked out. Smart lipo or any laser lipo just uses a laser along with traditional lipo, the laser assists in the fat removal.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes, the doctor sucked out my fat. I saw it in a cylinder along with the blood stained tumescent fluid. They injected the tumescent fluid in to whatever parts they wanted to suck out the fat. Apparently the fluid will melt down the fat, and make it easier to suck out. After the fluid is in, they work on the other arm, and then go back to suck out the fluid and fat with the micro cannula. It hurt during this process, too, even though the tumescent fluid contained anasthesia or lidocaine in it. After that, they followed with laser which I think is supposed to help stop the bleeding and speed healing up as well as shrinking up the skin but not beyond the original point. I'm a bit confused, but doesn't sound like I got the kind of laser lipo that melts the fat cells.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |