Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)
Starting Obagi Nu Derm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VainGlorious

Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have plans to soon start the Obagi Nu Derm System. I have no skin care problems or concerns to begin with. I am 22 years old and male. I was using La Prairie for some time, but without the option of receiving La Prairie facials, I've decided to use a skin care line that is local and where I can receive the line's facial procedures.

I have a consultation scheduled for next month. They said it would be fine for me to start the system over the phone when I told them my age and things.

I also will be receiving microderms and peels from the doctor's office where I am getting the Obagi.

What are your thoughts on someone my age with no real concerns except a few enlarged pores starting the Nu Derm System?

I don't mind the cost as I believe in most cases you get what you pay for and the thought of receiving microderms and peels excite me because I was having them done a year ago and got excellent results.

Thanks for your help!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
VainGlorious wrote:

What are your thoughts on someone my age with no real concerns except a few enlarged pores starting the Nu Derm System?

Honestly, I love Nu Derm. Best skin care system out there in my opinion - if you have hyperpigmentation and/or fine lines/wrinkles, and/or acne. I think at your age with no real concerns it is a total waste of your money. I also think you will be red, dry, peely and probably uncomfortable for pretty much no reason!
VainGlorious

Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
I don't mind the discomfort, pain, peeling that will occur the first 3 weeks of treatment. I am not working now and do not go out much so it really is not a problem.

I have a few very fine lines on my forehead. You can barely see them. That's all. If the end result is flawless and beautiful skin, I would like to try it. If it will do nothing at all or damage my skin, I will pass and stick with my current regime.

Please further advise. Thanks!
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Obagi NuDem is a great and proven regimen and despite Riley's comments above, she too believes in the product--just not for your concerns.

Obagi is a multi-facted regimen that addresses multiple concerns--dull skin, elasticity, firmness, fine lines, texture and probably the most significantly, hyperpigmentation. Three of the 6 products in that line (Clear, Blender, Sunfader) are specifically to address hyperpigmentation. The Exfoderm is an exfoliant and the tretinoin (Retin-A) addresses elasticity, texture, and enhances hyperpigmenation reduction.

If you don't have hyperpigmentation issues, you are wasting money on the most expensive products to treat something you don't have. If you want to still receive benefits of the Obagi system, you can get just as good results from a good cleanser, toner, glycolic and retin-A.

And for the redness and peeling--don't fool yourself into thinking it's the just the first 3 weeks. I did the entire 18 week regimen and had moderate to severe redness and peeling the entire 18 weeks. That's not to say you will but everyone is different. In general, the most severe side effects occur through at least week 6 for most.

Tue May 14, 2024 11:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |