Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help with a DIY eye serum - peptides necessary?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CatInAHat

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:47 am      Reply with quote
I am 24 with no wrinkles yet, but would really like to prolong them for as long as possible!I am prone to eye bags and dark circles though, regardless of the amount of sleep/ water/vegetables I get!
I currently use a MVO eye serum in the PM, which is fabulous but would like to make my own serum for AM use. I am hoping to model it closely on the DIY serum i use on my face, with a few adjustments. These are the ingredients I have chosen so far..

Aloe Veral gel base
Jojoba Oil
Acai berry extract
Coffeeberry extract
Pomegranate oil
Rose water
Argan Oil
Gotu Kola
Mushroom Extract

What do you think of the ingredients?

I am toying with adding the following..

DMAE
Argireline
Matrixyl 3000
Co enzyme Q 10

A lot of the DIY eye serum recipes I have come across use these ingredients. Would it be worthwhile to add them or should I stick to my more "natural" ingredients? I am also concerned about the solubility of all of the ingredients?

Thanks in advance
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
CatInAHat wrote:

I am toying with adding the following..

DMAE
Argireline
Matrixyl 3000
Co enzyme Q 10

Out of these 4 I'd add the CoQ10. Its only oil soluble.

You will definitely need to research your ingredients to determine how to mix them. You will also likely want to add a preservative unless you are only making a weeks worth at a time. Exception would be if your formula is all oil based.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I would skip DMAE as its only a short term solution to tightening skin and may be harmful in the long run.

Also, feel free to look into Eyeseryl, it's meant to get rid of eye bags and you can buy it on lotioncrafters.com.
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
omg - you are only 24 - I would use only a vitamin c serum at this age .. Is only my opinion ...
CatInAHat

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies. Talyta, I think you may be right, maybe I am too young to be bringing out the "big guns" such as peptides! Perhaps I should keep it more simple.
I do use an oil based vitamin c serum, I have tried to use it around my eyes but oil sees to run into my eyes so would prefer something with a thicker consistency.

I'm going to look into an appropriate emulsifier and preservative, although am only going to make this in small batches first, to see how my skin tolerates it.

I did see Eyeseryl on lotion crafter, think I nay need to research this a bit more but it looks promising Smile
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Yes at the "big guns" for later Wink . I would suggest a gel for the eyes with vitamin C . And maybe rose-hip oil?
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |