Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Pengu Liposuction System
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bree5666
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone tried this for cellulite reduction? This is a home based devise using cool laser technology.
If you have used it, can you share your experiences with me?

Quoted from its website.

How it works
The Pengu™ contains a variety of paddles shaped to target virtually all areas of the body. Pengu™ paddles contain laser diodes that emit wavelengths of light that have been proven to melt fat cells (635 nm). Once the device is on, the user repeatedly slides the paddles on the surface of the skin over the desired area.

When the laser paddles are placed on the skin, the cold red laser beams penetrate the skin just deep enough to reach the layers of fat. When the light hits the fat cells, a rapid chain of events takes place. Firstly, pores form on the cells causing them to spill out. The water, Glycerol and fatty acids move into the interstitial space beneath the fatty layer in the skin. Then further water, fatty acids and Glycerol spill out. The adipocyte cells are therefore reduced in size.

These effects do not affect the neighbouring structures such as the skin, blood vessels or nerves. The lymphatic system then removes the fat through the venous system, where they are processed in the same way as fatty foods that are digested.

More specifically speaking, the light safely and painlessly penetrates several millimeters into the fat tissue and stimulates the breakdown of the fat cell wall which temporarily allows cell contents to drain. The drained fat is converted to free fatty acids (FFAs), glycerol and water and these products harmlessly undergo their normal lymphatic and metabolic processing.
birdlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Not another gadget to obsess about! I'd be interested in hearing any reviews on this one, too. Cellulite is such a bane.
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:48 am      Reply with quote
It kinda resembles a laser comb. A friend of mine has one~wonder if I should "borrow" it from him Laughing On their website, I noticed many of the reviewers are rather happy with it.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:20 am      Reply with quote
ooh, this does look interesting, would love to hear from anyone who has used it,

Jackie xx
Bree5666
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Quite disappointing that nobody had tried this. Making me abit nervous about this purchase. Very Happy
But yes ive gone ahead to order it. Will update everyone. Razz
tanmish
5% products discount

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:41 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this for 5 weeks. So far I have not lose any inches, but am able to fit into pant that I weren't able to before.

However, have to admit I just had a baby 9 weeks ago. I have lost 2 kgs since using the device but I suspect it is just normal part of losing the pregnancy weight as I breastfeed.

I did so further research on using similar device and found that I should be doing exercise straight after using the device for effectiveness. I'd only started doing this two weeks ago where I will do 30 mins of either walk, stationary bike or stepper after using the device.

I will see how I go after another 4 weeks since I'd only started the exercise 2 weeks ago.
tanmish
5% products discount

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:47 am      Reply with quote
I forgotten to mention that I'd used similar device at beauty salon before to help me lose weight with my first son. It worked really well as I lost 5 inches off my waist. The treatment was 2 weeks and involved using various different devices.

As maintenance to retain the weight lost, I go back once a fortnight for a treatment.

Unfortunately, they're only willing to do the treatment after 6 months of giving birth as some of the devices involved can damage your ab if it has not heal up. so I decided to buy the Pengu device when it was on special to use at home.

I definitely plan on going back to the salon in 4 months time.

Oh. and I'm not the type that lose weight from Breast feeding. In fact, I lost 5 kgs without doing anything extra after I stopped breastfeeding.
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Is the Pengu battery operated or plug in? The only pictures I see of it only show the controls not the actual treatment surface either.
tanmish
5% products discount

Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:07 am      Reply with quote
you charge it via UBS to your PC. 1 hr charge for 1 hr use.
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tanmish
birdlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds promising, and Bree, you are a hero for being the guinea pig! Can't wait for your results Razz
Bree5666
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Yay! I'm a hero! Cos I was so enthusiastic to order that I didn't even know that I have to charge it via a USB?
Haha...
Am eagerly waiting for arrival!
birdlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
If this works for you, I am going to have to have one!
tanmish
5% products discount

Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:17 am      Reply with quote
Well. I'd done 6 weeks of it. Lost 2 inches off my waist. Not sure if it is because of Pengu or the extra exercise I'm doing.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:22 am      Reply with quote
any more news on this guys?

Jackie xx
Bree5666
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie...
Im still waiting for it to arrive. Sad
birdlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:02 am      Reply with quote
Is it here yet???
Bree5666
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:45 am      Reply with quote
Ladies
Sorry for the late reply! I've been busy with the Chinese New Year so didn't have time to report.
I've had it for 3 weeks already and have been using it on my tummy and arms.

Honestly I don't feel much difference on the tummy. Tummy has a life of its own now and it has turned into a big soft ball of fats. I'm sure the festive eating contributed to it. But what I'm not sure is the softness of it. Usually my tummy is mainly hard fats. Recently it has turned softer and flabbier. Is it due to the Pengu?
There are also not much redness etc after i complete a 20 min session on it.

As for the arms, I have seen the arms getting red after a session and with excessive use, I can actually see it bruising.

Recommendations of frequency is 2 to 3 times per week but I'm sure I exceeded that. Hence overuse??

And since this uses cold laser technology which i think its the same as Zeltiq which I've done once before at the doctor's clinic, hence i think that having bruises means its working.
And so far only my arms are bruising that teeny bit.

Having said that, the machine is quite sleek and nice in design. It charges fairly quickly and each charge can be used up to more than an hour which is also equals to around 3 or 4 sessions.

I'm feeling abit discouraged honestly.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me the best place to purchase it?

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I just received my little Pengu. The instructions ask for it to be charged till the light turns blue but this one is still sitting on red after 1 hour. Am I doing something wrong? Confused
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:08 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Can anyone tell me the best place to purchase it?

I tried to purchase one from a seller on ebay from Australia, ended up having to get a refund from PayPal as they didn't respond to my emails and didn't send me the Pengu, be warned.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, that's good to know. It won't let me order from the site directly so I am hoping a beauty supply store somewhere might sell it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:35 am      Reply with quote
tanmish wrote:
I have been using this for 5 weeks.

Tanmish,

Where did you buy it from? Is it from this site?

http://www.venusbeautysolutions.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=9&Itemid=58

It seems like an official website of the company that distributes it, and the price is not bad, but there is not contact info, no indication of where they are located and what to do if something is wrong with the device (even though they advertise 1 year warranty)...

So can you share where you found it? in US or Canada by any chance?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:36 am      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
tanmish wrote:
I have been using this for 5 weeks.

Tanmish,

Where did you buy it from? Is it from this site?

http://www.venusbeautysolutions.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=9&Itemid=58

It seems like an official website of the company that distributes it, and the price is not bad, but there is not contact info, no indication of where they are located and what to do if something is wrong with the device (even though they advertise 1 year warranty)...

So can you share where you found it? in US or Canada by any chance?

Dan Smith at Venus Beauty Solutions told me they are out of stock until March 2011.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:47 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:

Dan Smith at Venus Beauty Solutions told me they are out of stock until March 2011.

Was it Venus Beauty Solution that had to refund your money then?

How did you contact them? I only found the form which will generate an email... I prefer to know the company phone and address too

I do not mind waiting till March or looking for any other source, if anyone knows of any other store/site, let us know, pls...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |