Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

would appreciate some personalized advice :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MoxieMama
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
It's been quite a while since I posted, I've been really ill with adrenal exhaustion and my body and face have fallen apart in the last 6 months! I am finally being treated correctly and am starting to heal and now need to see if I can start turning around all the aging that happened in the past months. My face has really fallen, I assume from loss of collagen/elastin. I have seriously aged 10 years in the past 6 months.
I've been reading tons of posts and trying to re-familiarize myself with all the research I was doing before getting sick.
However it is so much to try to read so I am hoping some members will be kind enough to offer some input and advice on a few things.

I am going to start using C E Ferulic again and I would also like to try GoW Collagen Renewal Serum.
I also want to get a galvanic unit but am very confused about which to get after reading all the threads regarding this and ultrasound.
I read somewhere on here (I think) that using galvanic and ultrasound together penetrates products deeper, I seem to recall a 400% number but can no longer be sure that was in regards to these.
Which penetrates products deeper...ultrasound or galvanic? Or is a unit incorporating both more effective?
I've seen threads on the 3 in one, Fyola, NuSkin, BT-Micro, ProLight, Notime, Ilift, etc....I have determined that if I use an ultrasound unit it will be 2mhz, but what are the best specs for a galvanic unit? Are there any?
I would really appreciate any suggestions/advice on which brand unit to get. I thought after researching here that I would get a Prolight but see that they are out of stock. The Fyola is pretty expensive and it sounds like other units offer the same thing at a much reduced price. I'm just confused now! Wink

I know that with galvanic the serums need to be water based...is that true with ultrasound too? Are the above serums okay to use with either galvanic or ultrasound?
I have always had an issue with pigmentation in my face and it is worse now due to the adrenal exhaustion....I know that the C serum will help with that, is there any other product/ingredient that anyone would recommend to help with the pigmentation?
If you've read this far...thank you! Laughing

Any suggestions or input would be appreciated. I am more than happy to reread some threads if someone could link me to the correct ones....my searches either ended up with so many options or not enough or not the info I was hoping to find.
Thank you!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
For your pigmentation the best thing out there is hydroquinone. It is controversial and not everyone will use it, but it is still the gold standard. That and a good quality sunscreen will help with the pigmentation. As far as the collagen/elastin, Retin A is your best bet and is still one of the only proven things that works.

I have a 2 MHz Bellaire ultrasound. I don't use it any longer, as I didn't see any results from it after 3 months of use (I was using it with 302 and it may make a difference what one uses with it).

I am sure you will get more help from others, as well. Good luck. I hope you find something that works for you!
MoxieMama
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:53 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
For your pigmentation the best thing out there is hydroquinone. It is controversial and not everyone will use it, but it is still the gold standard. That and a good quality sunscreen will help with the pigmentation. As far as the collagen/elastin, Retin A is your best bet and is still one of the only proven things that works.

I have a 2 MHz Bellaire ultrasound. I don't use it any longer, as I didn't see any results from it after 3 months of use (I was using it with 302 and it may make a difference what one uses with it).

I am sure you will get more help from others, as well. Good luck. I hope you find something that works for you!

Thanks rileygirl. I have used HQ and it did work great but then the hyperpigmentation came back with a vengeance when I stopped using it. I won't use it again as I believe it to break down the collagen and elastin and I really need to build those up. Smile I use sunscreen every day without fail and I have used tretinoin and will start using it again.

I called Rita and left a message regarding the unit she sells, hopefully by talking to her I can get a better handle on what to buy. I think the Fyola and the Prolight sound very similar but the Prolight is about $140 cheaper! I tried to find the UP5 that has been mentioned in quite a few threads but it does not seem to be available anymore. There is also a 4 in one unit I found that may be just as good. Argh! So many options!
I'm ready to take action...I just need to figure out now which unit to buy. Question
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear about your illness, Moxie. I have the Prolight ultrasound/galvanic unit. Truthfully, I never used it for ultrasound but I really did love how it cleaned my skin when I used the galvanic part of it. You do have to have positive and negative ionized gels for galvanic. I purchased mine from Rankine's Remedies in Canada. For the ultrasound, I think you have to use a conductive gel but it doesn't have to be ionized. I've now purchased a Nuskin galvanic spa. I decided on it because of the shape of the head. The head on the Prolight is round so it's hard to push up on the skin and hold with it. The Nuskin is perfect for doing that. I really do think I get lift from the Nuskin when I use it consistently. If you want the Prolight and don't mind a used one, let me know and I'll give you mine since I'm no longer using it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skippie,
I do not mind a used unit. I was actually considering asking in a post if anyone had one to sell. I know there are many others on this forum like myself that buy toys and product that end up not being used or that don't work out for them!! Please send me a PM with details on cost and shipping etc. I can paypal you if you use paypal. Thank you so much for responding to my post! I am so excited to start doing something good for my skin again, I've missed the forum, I've spend the last few days trying to figure out the DIY serums and such...so confusing! Do you like the Rankine gels? I was going to order those once I found a galvanic unit.
I am in the process now of trying to figure out how to make serums with the ingredients I want, I may need to post again for help with that as I tend to go overboard with my skin and cause problems. I love to experiment!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:21 am      Reply with quote
I do like the gels, Moxie. They last forever and are very soothing to my skin.

What kind of serums are you thinking about making?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Alright, I will order the gels today. Thanks Skippie! I'm so impressed that they are toxic free, I love that!

As far as the serums I want to try...

C E Ferulic in HA
Greet Tea Extract and copper peptides in HA...to use with my Quasar

Other ingredients I want to incorporate but am still researching to see how best to use in a mixture or how best to layer are...
SkinTight AP (from MakingCosmetics)
Encapsulated CoQ10
Mandelic Acid
Dermagen (Skin Actives)
Natural Active Peptides (Skin Actives)
Resveratol
Niacinamide & Glucosamine (would love to find the type of Niacinamide that Nia24 uses)
Decorinyl (Lotion Crafters)

My Main concerns are to reduce my pigmentation as it covers over half my face, it is about 2-3 shades darker than my already darker olive skin and does not cover with makeup.
And to stimulate collagen and elastin and tighten and plump up my skin and get rid of the saggy look I currently have.

I just need to figure out what of the above ingredients can be used together in a serum and if I can use that serum under the gels during galvanic and ultrasound treatments. And which to use morning and which to use evening. I will use the CE Ferulic in the morning but as for the rest they are new to me and I don't know if they are best am or pm.

I want to do something effective but do not want to go overboard and there is a fine line there, I usually end up going way overboard out of excitement in trying something new.
Laughing
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Moxie,

The documentation for the prolight unit provides an anti-aging routine and tells you exactly how to apply serums and gels. Do you have any LAA yet? I think I have some extra I can include.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Skippie, no, I don't have any LAA yet. I need to figure out exactly what I can mix with what and what not to mix together, etc, before I order anything. I don't want to buy something I can't or shouldn't use. If you do have extra LAA that you won't use I would love to have it....we shouldn't let these things go to waste! Laughing
Thanks, you're awesome!!
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi Moxie Sorry to hear youve had a bad time of it recently. I can totally understand as Ive gone through a lot of stress over the last few years and it did take a toll on my skin. I also was deperately trying out creams and serums and bought many anti aging tools too, which cost a lot. I think my advice would be to take things easy and not try too much too soon.I have learned that theres no quick fix to reversing stress induced aging and I got myself more stressed trying out all these different gadgets, night after night. I must have spend hours zapping, massaging,exfoliating. Ive took a little step back now and am dabbling in facial exercises and Im trying Skinmedica products which so far are nice and do not annoy my sensitized skin.
Im so glad to see Skippie offering her ultrasound to you.Thats a lovely gesture.I wish you well.

5% products discount

Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi MoxieMamma,

I am simply curious to know how you are feeling and whether or not you are in a much better space spiritually and physically...I recently went thorough a Divorce and discovered how good my skin looked after I finally reconciled with the fact that things just were not working before I made the decision to do so I felt and looked like a much older person...

I hope that you find yourself in a much more balance place and that your skin is shining with health and vitality that comes with recovery!

Very Happy

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |