Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

teeth whitening products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering if it is the right place to discuss teeth whitening here...but I think teeth whitening is important to our appearence, and your dirty teeth can definately ruin your whole look and makeup....

Any recommended teeth whitening products? I am looking for somethings that are effective and safe.
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have very sensitive teeth so I cant use any tooth whitening product...yikes...but some ways to keep teeth whiter are to rinse teeth after drinking black tea or coffee and red wine.....
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Antonia, a member here has done a review on Love that White Smile on her blog. I am really interested in this....take a look
http://www.middle-ageless.com/2010/12/how-to-whiten-your-teeth-with-love-that.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:25 am      Reply with quote
My dentist told me to not use "whitening" toothpastes everyday because they have abrasives. He said that eventually it will wear down your enamel and your teeth will take on a grey-ish cast.

Oil pulling has made a tremendous difference in my teeth - whiter and just very healthy looking.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:43 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
My dentist told me to not use "whitening" toothpastes everyday because they have abrasives. He said that eventually it will wear down your enamel and your teeth will take on a grey-ish cast.

I also was told to avoid teeth whitening products by my dentist. He said that if a person continues to drink coffee, etc, while using the whitening products the teeth will actually get more yellow than what you originally started with!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I have been using a bleaching tray for about 20 years on my teeth. They immediately pulled up many shades lighter to a very nice white. My tray was done at the dentist office and at that time it was expensive to make. I have never used the tooth paste for whitening, never needed it because of maintaining the teeth with occasionally using the trays. I am sure there are many less expensive trays now but I am intrigued with this Love that Smile that Antonia did a review on. Looks like a neat way to keep the teeth white.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
but I am intrigued with this Love that Smile that Antonia did a review on. Looks like a neat way to keep the teeth white.

It does look really good, doesn't it! Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Antonia, a member here has done a review on Love that White Smile on her blog. I am really interested in this....take a look
http://www.middle-ageless.com/2010/12/how-to-whiten-your-teeth-with-love-that.html

Very important information about this item. The company I called to inquire about this product said due to overwhelming response to the product they are out of stock and it could be 30 days before they can get in in and do any shipping.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:13 am      Reply with quote
The tooth gloss looks very interesting... wonder if you would feel it on your teeth?

Also, lip glosses with slight blue pigments work great. Benefits California Kissing gloss is wonderful - very,very small blue flakes in gloss makes your teeth look great.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Shock Shock Shock Shock

I use my whitening toothpaste EVERYDAY....for over 3 years..................... Shock Shock Shock

Shall I stop using it now??? Shock Shock Shock
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Katy,
I felt the same way when I was first told.
I stopped using it - any abrasive is going to wear down your enamel overtime. You do not have to use abrasives to keep the teeth white.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Love That White Smile doesn't contain abrasives, and no harsh chemicals. The "1" and "2" products that you use for the first month, when combined, generate close to 1% peroxide. (Crest Whitestrips produce 10% and professional whitening treatments up to 30%.) The maintenance product (which you use for 90 days before returning to the two-step system for a month) contains NO peroxide. None of the LTWS products use SLS, like regular toothpastes do. I LOVE this product line. You can use it after your regular tooth cleaning ritual or in lieu of, but it doesn't contain fluoride if you are into that. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:03 am      Reply with quote
annachan wrote:
I have very sensitive teeth so I cant use any tooth whitening product...yikes...but some ways to keep teeth whiter are to rinse teeth after drinking black tea or coffee and red wine.....

Annachan, I have sensitive teeth too. Jonathan Shainhouse, who formulated this line, is a Toronto dentist who knows about tooth sensitivity. The LTWS line was developed for people with sensitive teeth in mind. I have not even had ONE mild ache and I have used it now for almost three months I think, twice a day. Instead of achy chemicals, the product foams up and penetrates the enamel instead of sitting on the outside of it. Brilliant stuff!

No US distribution yet as far as I know but you can buy it from London Drugs website: http://search.londondrugs.com/results.aspx?k=love%20that%20white%20smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Love That White Smile doesn't contain abrasives, and no harsh chemicals. The "1" and "2" products that you use for the first month, when combined, generate close to 1% peroxide. (Crest Whitestrips produce 10% and professional whitening treatments up to 30%.) The maintenance product (which you use for 90 days before returning to the two-step system for a month) contains NO peroxide. None of the LTWS products use SLS, like regular toothpastes do. I LOVE this product line. You can use it after your regular tooth cleaning ritual or in lieu of, but it doesn't contain fluoride if you are into that. Smile

Can you provide the complete ingredients list? I can't seem to find them anywhere. TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Will do later, Lacey, just putting my face on for a meeting... Very Happy

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:26 am      Reply with quote
You could also try Well.ca as they offer free expedited shipping within Canada as well as free expedited shipping to all locations in the US for orders over $99 CAD: http://well.ca/brand/love-that-white-smile.html
havana8

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Antonia wrote:

Can you provide the complete ingredients list? I can't seem to find them anywhere. TIA

Here is this one:

Love That White Smile Cleaning and Whitening Foam

Step 1–Cleaning Foam Ingredients: Aqua/Water, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Poloxamer 188, Polysorbate-20, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Poloxamer 407, Flavor, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Caffeine, Xylitol, Sodium Saccharin, Citric Acid, Menthol

Step 2–Whitening Foam Ingredients: Aqua/Water, Alcohol Denat, Sodium Perborate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Poloxamer 407, Flavor, Xylitol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Saccharin, EDTA, Potassium Hydroxide, Citric Acid
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate should be Sodium Lauryl sarcosinate I believe and not up to levels that cause concern (in higher percentages there are some "concerns" but not in terms of carcinogenicity, estrogen mimicking and all those nasties.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate should be Sodium Lauryl sarcosinate I believe and not up to levels that cause concern (in higher percentages there are some "concerns" but not in terms of carcinogenicity, estrogen mimicking and all those nasties.

Not sure what the difference between the two are but my box definitely has it spelled as Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate...
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I use trays that I had made at the dentist and now purchase my gels from dentist.net.

I've read lots of raves for Plus White 5 Minute Bleach Whitening Gel. You can find it at most mass/drug stores. I think it around $8.00.
Atiyya
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Plus White 5 minute speed whitening System with great results.I just wish i remembered to use it more often.i paid about $12.00CAN.There are a few reviews on you tube you may want to check out.
"Plus White Tartar Control Pre-Whitening Rinse helps remove film and loosen stains from your teeth, enabling the Gel to lift away stains even more effectively.
Plus White 5 Minute Speed
Whitening Gel now with bleaching power for fast, effective whitening and brightening.
Comfortable
Mouthpiece with a double-sided tray that whitens top and bottom teeth at the same time for faster results and better whitening.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:

Maybe this will help:

http://www.cosmeticsinfo.org/ingredient_details.php?ingredient_id=1077

Thanks for the ingredients Havana.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Good snooping. Thanks Lacy. Same attributes apply in terms of non-carcinogenicity and no estrogen mimicking.

5% products discount

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for all your interest with our new revolutionary Dual cleaning and Whitening Foam. Designed not just to lighten stains but remove them, Love That White Smile minimizes the use of harsh chemicals to give you results to last! Our system us designed to be used with or in replacement of your toothpaste. It's high water content minimizes sensitivity! Simple and easy to use with no abrasives and it feels and tastes great! PH neutral to prevent enamel breakdown LTWS shows results in days!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting, Dr. Shainhouse. I didn't realize that the high water content minimized sensitivity. My teeth used to kill me every time I used the trays or strips. The lower front two have had some gum recession over the years and I'm guessing it is this that was contributing to the misery! I love LTWS because there is absolutely no sensitivity at all. I'm using it daily, well twice daily actually. I realize I sound like a giant ad here but I have to give credit where it's due. (Also everyone, I should mention that I went after LTWS as a giveaway on my blog, not the other way round. I tried it, was extremely impressed, and wanted to share the experience.)

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |