Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Serum recommendations please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:56 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the La Mer Lifting Face Serum and Lifting Intensifier which my skin responds rather well to I think. But the price of serum from La Mer is just insane. This was the first time that I had purchased this from La Mer. Prior to that I didn't use a serum regularly until I used the gift with purchase sample I was given and liked it. I went back and forth on the idea of getting it probably driving my favorite La Mer SA crazy, and I talked myself out of purchasing it several times before I couldn't stand it anymore and bought it anyway. Rolling Eyes I am about two thirds of the way through, but even though I like it, I don't know if I can mentally stand let alone actually afford to spend another approx 300 dollars on serum. I am hoping to get some alternative reviews and recommendations for a new serum that I can buy without terrible buyer's remorse and guilt.

Just for the record in case it matters. My skin usually runs in the normal to a bit dry area, aided by the very dry hot air where I live. I also have large pores on my nose and a few on my cheeks from having really oily skin as a teenager. There may be a bit of a combo thing going on because of this now, but if so it doesn't seem too dire.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:39 am      Reply with quote
the serum you get depends on what you want it to do...what do you want from it and we can make some recs Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi marella, $300 Exclamation

I've used, love and seen great results from the Elemis lifting serum (packed full of natural ingredients)www.timetospa.com and the Gatineau Defi lift serum.

HAPPY
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
the serum you get depends on what you want it to do...what do you want from it and we can make some recs Smile

Oops sorry for not including that. What I like about the La Mer is that it seems to add clarity and brightness to my skin. I like the smoothness and 'bounce' it gives. I'm 39 so I want something that helps my skin be smooth and bright, evening it out, waking it up, and giving it a bit of a lift. I just can't afford that 300 dollars most of the time.

I've noticed that Thalgo has several serums, but I'm not sure where I should even start.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I would go for a vitamin C serum, either skinceuticals or cellular skin Rx. (you could also make your own). C promotes collagen synthesis and evens out skintone. If you follow it with a hyaluronic acid serum like skinceuticals B5 gel or relaxaline from cellular skin again you will get a nice smooth plumped up feeling. The relax also has 10%agireline which helps relax fine lines (there has been some speculation that agireline prods could also cause facial sag, but I've been using mine for 6 months and haven't noticed anything like that and I don't think I have heard of anyone else out there having that effect either). Have you tried clarins beauty flash balm? that is a really good under make-up primer and smooths the skin in a really nice way too Smile
HTH, Liz

5% products discount

Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
WOW!! That's the first time I have heard that agireline may cause sags. Hope not. I use a product with agireline all over my face hoping it would help sagging. Has anyone else heard this?
Dianne
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
You can read it here shirl....
http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/acetylhexapeptide.html
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
thats where I read it...also says to be careful with exfoliation cos your skin hits the hayflick limit earlier and stops producing collagen or something, But they keep that gem in their pay to view book Sad

I also read on the skinbio website that loren pickart thinks that HA is bad for the skin Shock I respect a lot of what he says, but I can't go along with this. I don't think he has researched it as such, but I think he is making an educated guess. I'm carrying on with it till I see some proof!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guapagirl Right now I am using Skinceuticals C+E and Phyto+. Funny you should mention agireline. I was just looking at the Alphaderma stuff last night. I was thinking that I might get some of their stuff eventually. But now I see these cautions and I'm not certain. Ah Well if I get into a buying moment, I will probably try it anyway. I am pretty much looking for a lifting somewhat moisturizing serum that gives me better clarity and bounce, for when I am finished with the La Mer. I do actually like the La Mer for these things, but the cost is deadly, even if it is in a rather large bottle. I wanted to start the search before I actually finished the bottles.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
shirl wrote:
WOW!! That's the first time I have heard that agireline may cause sags. Hope not. I use a product with agireline all over my face hoping it would help sagging. Has anyone else heard this?

Quite sometime ago someone else sent a link regarding Argireline making the face sag. Of course I got really scared. I call Ian at Janson-Beckett (before I was working for them). He assured me that this was not true at all. I have had the extreme opposite results from AlphaDermaCE. My face it more lifted and firmer. I don't know about putting a product on your face that just contained Argireline and a carrier but AlphaDerma contains all the other ingredients to tone and lift. I have been using AlphaDerma for 6+ months and it has taken years off my face.

Winnie
JB Sales, Cape Cod
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I haven't noticed any sag either and use the agireline + carrier serums

5% products discount

Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
This is the one I have been getting out there and suggesting to my friends and family.

http://www.myliquidity.com/liq/prod_ag-serum_more.shtml

$300 dollars is a lot especially when there are companies like this one that can provide a whole skin care system for half of that price. I also know how well these products work so to me it is no brainer.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |