Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
tripollar pose experiment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:38 am      Reply with quote
I had one accent treatment a couple of weeks ago to deal with fatty pouches I have on the side of my mouth, I have always had this, and was going to get buccal fat removal done years ago, but decided not to, I was always told this would go as I get older, (I am 44) but it never did it has got slightly smaller but it is still prominantly there all be it lower on my cheeks now. The accent treatment was very pleasant, but after reading conflicting reports, it sometimes works it sometimes doesnt I decided spending Ł800 was a bit of a risk.
After reading that you can use the pose on the chin, I have decided to do my cheeks. I did my first treatment yesterday, on low, and it felt exactly the same as my accent treatment, I marked where to treat so I dont go on any areas of my face I shouldnt.
I am being very carefull with this. Hopefully it will be successful and I can then post before and after pics, I am going over my marinettes as well for tightening.
When I had my accent done the therapist recommended massaging after to speed up tightening and fat removal. So I think anyone using the pose on there body would see better improvements if they did this as well.
I will keep you all informed on how it goes.
helen Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi helenjean!

Do you have anything to report yet? I would be very interested in your results. Very Happy
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I did my 5th treatment 2 days ago, I think my fatty jowls are slimmer because when I treat my jowls I draw the area (with eyeliner), so I am carefull not to go over areas that dont need slimming, the area I draw has definatly gotten smaller. I will post some before and afters at the 8th treatment mark.

helen Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:07 am      Reply with quote
I have done 10 treatments on the pose on my fatty jowls and I just wanted to let anyone with a fat face or chin, or areas that need spot fat reduction know that it does work (did for me anyway) I have never been happy with my chubby cheeks, but now they have gone, not in a gaunt aging way they have just reduced and my marionettes have tightened up. I will post some picks later. But I am so happy with my face at the moment. I also had sculptra 5 weeks ago so once thats kicked in I will be doubly happy.
Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Wow, helenjean, that's good news, congrats!
I am currently trying to reduce my slightly fatty jowls with an intense STOP protocol (don't own the POSE). I am not sure it is powerful enough although I THINK I am seing some improvement on the right side.

Can't wait to see your pictures. Very Happy
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:45 am      Reply with quote
hi, i was going to get the stop, im sure it will work for you. i asked my husband if he could see the difference he said he wasnt sure, and he doesnt think i have fatty jowls, so it really is a personal thing, if you live in hampshire in the uk maybe we could swap, but that is a million in 1 chance lol Very Happy
its funny in the evening my cheeks look alot slimmer, its just the mornings. but it is much better, i think i will do a few more treatments to get more of an obviuos difference then post pics.

helen

Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
hi helen,

i also have the Tripollar Pose which i have just started using on my abdomen.

I have also been toying with the idea of treating my sagging jowls, a real problem for me, but haven't tried it yet as their website says not to use it on the face as its too powerful.

I am very interested in how long you treated each side for and on which setting.I presume you used the "low" setting but how long and how often you used it?

Did you stop at 10 sessions?

Thanks, Colin
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Colin,
I used it on my cheeks on high, to start but once the cheeks got slimmer I had to use medium.
I didn't even do 10 sessions most probably about 8 sessions, I won't do any more as I think a slight bit if fat there keeps me looking younger.
I think as long as there is fat where you are treating and not just loose skin you will be fine, if it is loose skin I would def stay on the low setting. I was nervous to start as it does say don't use on face, but clinics use much stronger rf treatments on the face so I wouldn't worry.
Let us know how you get on,

Helen

5% products discount

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to highjack this thread, but does anyone know the difference between the RIO Rf Polar and Pose? I've been trying to figure out the difference between the two, but I can't seem to find any real information on this. I recently purchased the RIO because it was so much cheaper.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have been told that the Rio is the UK's version of the Pose and the Pose is Tripoli while the Rio is mono. I was told that as aa a home unit that was not much of a difference but if it was a professional unit in a doctor office the Tripollar is not as hot....something about being tri keeps the heat down. This information came from someone that sells both. One big advantage is the gel is cheaper.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I have been told that the Rio is the UK's version of the Pose and the Pose is Tripoli while the Rio is mono. I was told that as aa a home unit that was not much of a difference but if it was a professional unit in a doctor office the Tripollar is not as hot....something about being tri keeps the heat down. This information came from someone that sells both. One big advantage is the gel is cheaper.

Sorry about the typos....was using my phone with a touch screen...it has a mind of it's own...and they call them smart phones Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:08 am      Reply with quote
Well found another thing to use my Rio RF device for when it arrives thanks to you Smile

It's great to hear about your results, and all that without even a trip to the clinic, gotta love the home use devices, quite a few of them tend to work just not dramatically.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
jennoskcaj
5% products discount

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:

Thanks Toby, I was hoping this was the case, especially considering the price difference. Since I recently discovered this whole "at-home" gadget thing, I've been wanting to buy them all! Laughing When I saw the RF for less than $200, I thought why not? I still have some Velasmooth sessions left over from the package I bought too. I might just cancel my upcoming appointments and save them to use as upkeep after I've done the RF for a while.
Colin

Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:05 am      Reply with quote
hi helen,

thx for the reply.

its good to see that it worked in only 8 - 10 sessions. thats very encouraging to know.

like you, even though it says not to use on the face, i decided to try it as there are lots of much stronger salon strength treatments being used on the face so i thought i'd give it a go.

i have now carried out 2 abdomen (EOD) sessions in the low setting lasting 20 mins each as recommended in the guide book.

i have also carried out 2 sessions (EOD) on my jowls only on the low setting. after applying the gel it only takes around 10-20 seconds to heat up (light comes on) then i counted for 5 seconds and stopped as i'm rather nervous about overdoing it.

obviously there are no results on either just yet (have only just carried out my 2nd jowls treatment a few minutes ago) but will carry on for a while longer.

how long did you use it on your jowls (per side) for?

all i have done so far is about 30-40 seconds per side which i doubt is long enough to produce results but i just don't want to overdo it as you are the only other person i know that has tried this on the face against their specific advice. however, my jowls heat up pretty darn quick so maybe 30-40 seconds is more than enough ?

thx, colin.
Colin

Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Colin

Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Colin

Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:10 am      Reply with quote
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi colin
Dont be nervous, I was then after a couple of sess I just went for it.
If it heats really quickly use on medium or high if it feels to hot then lower the setting just make sure you keep it moving, once the light comes on then I normally count to 10, do the other side then repeat, I don't know what it's like for skin tightening but it defiantly slimmed my hamster cheeks.
It would be interesting to hear how you get on, you might have to do quite a few sessions.
Helenxxx

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:05 am      Reply with quote
My RIO RF device came in my mail today!! Very Happy I tried it on a patch of skin, and it gets hottt! The heat with the STOP is nothing compared to this. I dont know how it would feel being used on the face but it will require some serious numbing before burning it alive Embarassed

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Rio RF device to do this on the jaw last night and it was terribly hot, cannot see myself doing it again unless there is some kind of difference after the first treatment which there probably wont be Sad

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |