Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Spa Lady: Be Cautious
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I was suckered.

Last summer at Capital X in Edmonton AB (this is our big summer festival/fair) I went through the exhibition rooms and stopped at the Spa Lady booth.

I was told I could sign up for a promotional deal there, go and check out the facility and then decide to keep or cancel the plan. I was also told I'd have to call a number to register.

So I signed up, foolish me.

I went and checked out the facility, discovered I didn't really care for it, and told them I wanted to cancel. Then I did not call the number to register.

I just noticed that they have been charging me every month since. I called to find out what was going on and was told that they have a signed agreement from me so tough.

I'm calling the locations where the girls I spoke to work, and am going to try and resolve it from the bottom up.

I'm not even too worried about getting the other money back, that's my fault for not noticing but no way are they going to charge me for the next 2 years.

I am SO. SO. angry right now.

Stay away from Spa Lady.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I am glad that you acknowledged your mistake and will now continue to check your CC every month. It is a "must do" in this day and age.

I hope you do get this straightened out and they decide to credit you all the charges.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
I take a quick peek and it was never really over what I expected. $30 a month can sneak past.

I'm afraid that's the only defense I have Confused
greengrasshopper
5% products discount

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
wow, that's awful... Mad
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:41 am      Reply with quote
pustekuchen wrote:
Wow, I was suckered.

Last summer at Capital X in Edmonton AB (this is our big summer festival/fair) I went through the exhibition rooms and stopped at the Spa Lady booth.

I was told I could sign up for a promotional deal there, go and check out the facility and then decide to keep or cancel the plan. I was also told I'd have to call a number to register.

So I signed up, foolish me.

I went and checked out the facility, discovered I didn't really care for it, and told them I wanted to cancel. Then I did not call the number to register.

I just noticed that they have been charging me every month since. I called to find out what was going on and was told that they have a signed agreement from me so tough shit.

I'm calling the locations where the girls I spoke to work, and am going to try and resolve it from the bottom up.

I'm not even too worried about getting the other money back, that's my fault for not noticing but no way are they going to charge me for the next 2 years.

I am SO. SO. angry right now.

Stay away from Spa Lady.

You should call consumer protection. My husband has dealt with cases like this in the past (he's a lawyer) and you have what is called vitiated consent. You were not explained the consent properly (even if it was written)so the consent is not valid.

Also tell them to fax you the contract you signed and call your CC company to let them know what's going on.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Sad - I am not sure if there is much to do here .Yes they are soooooo bad . My friend came in and she was on the fence about it . They asked her to sign and and not to provide the credit card number .In case that she will want to join the club she can give them the card number over the phone or just to cancel the contract .She called them to cancel and they said sorry - you signed it ... Probably you can win if you have energy to fight with them and to be very persistent but most of people are just giving up .
On the other hand - I am in Calgary and I am a member of SPA LAdy for 6 years and really enjoy it Smile . Is cheep and clean and all the classes are included and the instructors are great . They are not making any money with me as I am going there 4 times a week ( at least ) constantly Smile . So if you already paid for it I would say : take advantage - the Zumba classes are fantastic Smile

Roxana
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the supportive comments and suggestions.

As an update, I phoned back and asked for this issue to be escalated to a manager.
By the way, the phone calls are made to a parent company that runs both World Health Gym and SpaLady.

I remained calm and pleasant but made it clear that I'm frustrated and disappointed.

The woman I spoke to said that she could see that I'd only been there the once. But since there was nothing on my contract about signing up at a fair she could not help me.
However, she said that if I contacted the SpaLady manager that signed me up and she confirmed that I was signed up at a fair she might be able to do more to help me.

That has been done, I contacted the girl, she apologized for sending in the form and sent an email to head office.

So. There's hope? I'm not mentioning anything about lawyering up yet, I'll wait and see what happens.

Josee, the good thing about being a paperwork packrat is that I still have my copy of the contract and the envelope she gave the paperwork to me in. This same envelope has written on it, Call 1-800 -xxxxxxx to register.

If they back-pedal I will definitely call consumer protection and my CC. I will also talk to them about vitiated consent.

I think I'm fortunate in that I have the original paperwork and my friend was with me at the time.

However, even if this works out I would still recommend that people approach dealings with them with caution. I found another review where a woman thought she was signing up for a year, but they filled out a 2 year contract form. She noticed within days but was told - too bad, you signed it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for all of the advice, ladies!

I'm not sure if any of you are interested in the results, but I figure I ought to set it straight.

In the end, SpaLady has canceled my account. It took almost a month, lots of phone calls and lots of go-betweens and following up, but they have canceled it.

Also, the woman I spoke to is going to look into reimbursement. She is not making any promises but will try to see what she can do.

I am hopeful they will refund my money right now.

My recommendation: Be very careful with contracts "you can cancel". Read EVERYTHING twice and yes, check your credit card statement thoroughly every month, even if it's approximately what you expect it to be.

These are the lessons I'm taking away.

I thought about trying to change the title, but even though it's been cleared up, I had to fight to do it. I think they would have been very happy if I had been less forceful about this issue.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Glad to hear they are working with you. PLEASE, however, check your CC statement. I had a similar situation in the States with Bally's. Took forever to stop autopay. Then, apparently, I was sent something that was a special where they automatically start the autopay again unless you call to say you don't want it. I never received the letter where this supposed offer was made, where I would have to call if I DIDN'T want! So they started autopay without my authorization! Fortunately, my CC company was good about stopping all charges from them and I got the autopays back via the fradulent charges clause.
BarbG

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I signed a 1 year contract for my 17 year old daughter at the heritage spa lady. She went for about 1 1/2 years and then moved back home to B.C. We contacted spa lady by phone, email and regular mail to cancel contract. They continued to charge my credit card for 1 year because my daughter couldn't show a hydro bill of proof that she now lived 30 km from spa lady. I finally had to cancel my credit card. They have now 3 years later sent a credit agency after my daughter and ruined her credit standing. They state she owes $780. There contract was with me not her because she was under age. I am now in the process of suing them if anyone wants to join
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:49 am      Reply with quote
An easy way around it, is contact your cc company, explain whats happening, and get a new cc number, ie. cancel that card get a new one. They can't charge a card that no longer exists. My DH made this same mistake, only way to fix it was that according to cc company.

Then in meantime call them and try to resolve this, but it stops the charges immediately

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |