Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Epidermx, Skinceuticals, or AlphaDermaCE ??????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cutevalleygirl
5% products discount

Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I am trying to figure out which product to purchase. I cannot afford to try them all. So I am seeking your opinions of which product may be the most affective for what I need.
I would like to:
Reduce the pores on my cheeks
Reduce the acne scars also on my cheeks
Reduce some lines and wrinkles
Firm the skin for more defined facial features

I am just wondering which product will achieve the best results from my list of 3 products. I came up with these three as they have the best reviews out of everything I have read about.
1. Epidermx
2. AlphaDermaCE
3. Skinceuticals

Thank you for your help. I really need it.
Wink
Mabsy

Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
This is difficult because I actually think that you need at least two of those. Well "need" is a strong word but hear me out. You do need some exfoliation and the only product that does that out of the three you listed is the Epidermix. That is unless you already have a scrub at home and are using other forms of exfoliation. I would recommend Alphaderma as I have seen my mum's fantastic results. Alphaderma does have some vit C but I would still suggest using a higher concentration. My mum uses the ADCE and Vivier 20% vit C serum and the results are great. I assume that when you say Skinceuticals you mean one of their vit C serums? If so then you can go for the C+AHA serum and that will give you your vit C dose and also exfoliation in one go.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:27 am      Reply with quote
if you can get pure L-ascorbic acid, you can also make your own serum...that'll release enough dosh to get the ADCE Very Happy

5% products discount

Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:14 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the Epidermx. I got mine from newskinnaturally.com and my scars are so much better. I didn't have really deep scars, but they were there. My friends thought I got my face sanded by a derm because it looks so much better. It's not overnight, but it works if you keep up with it.
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've finished the samples I got from JB, Oskul oil, skin prep, and Alphaderma CE. I really haven't noticed any differences. The skin prep sunk in very fast, and felt good. I am sure if it needs longer than 2 weeks to notice anything. your expereince?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:
I've finished the samples I got from JB, Oskul oil, skin prep, and Alphaderma CE. I really haven't noticed any differences. The skin prep sunk in very fast, and felt good. I am sure if it needs longer than 2 weeks to notice anything. your expereince?

The sample pack is for five days. Did you use enough product? My experience was that I liked the way my skin looked (tone)right from the first application. I don't know how old you are or what you are addressing but my experience with the whole line was that it was cummulative. My skin looked better almost immediately but for the lifted results and reduction of fine lines and wrinkles it progressed as weeks and months went by. After trying the samples you should have a pretty good idea how you like the line of product for your skin.

Winnie
JB
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie,
I am 33 and I dont have much wrinkles yet.... I look for the improvement on skin tone, dark circle undereye, and hydrating. I think I applied enough, maybe because I have a very small face so it lasted longer than it supposes to. Maybe I was expecting too much.
Danielle Amber
5% products discount

Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:41 am      Reply with quote
I can't really say that the other two don't work, but for what you say you want to do to improve your skin I can tell you that the Epidermx will do that...or it did for me...
Mabsy

Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:13 am      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:
Winnie,
I am 33 and I dont have much wrinkles yet.... I look for the improvement on skin tone, dark circle undereye, and hydrating. I think I applied enough, maybe because I have a very small face so it lasted longer than it supposes to. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Happygirl,

I think for people with no frown lines or wrinkles or parched skin the Alphaderma might be more of a "insurance for the future" product. I really like it and admire the effects that my mum has had with it but on me it didn't really have any visible effects and I wasn't really expecting it to. I tend to use it as a wrinkle preventative because my personal thoughts on argireline are that if it relaxes the muscles and stops me from frowning as deeply then it prevents future frown lines.
HTH
Mabsy
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
happygirl163 wrote:
Winnie,

Happygirl,

I think for people with no frown lines or wrinkles or parched skin the Alphaderma might be more of a "insurance for the future" product. I really like it and admire the effects that my mum has had with it but on me it didn't really have any visible effects and I wasn't really expecting it to. I tend to use it as a wrinkle preventative because my personal thoughts on argireline are that if it relaxes the muscles and stops me from frowning as deeply then it prevents future frown lines.
HTH
Mabsy

Mabsy - I totally agree with what you said. I didnt expect much to happen, yet I also wanted to see some diferences...
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
happygirl163 wrote:

The sample pack is for five days. Did you use enough product? My experience was that I liked the way my skin looked (tone)right from the first application. I don't know how old you are or what you are addressing but my experience with the whole line was that it was cummulative. My skin looked better almost immediately but for the lifted results and reduction of fine lines and wrinkles it progressed as weeks and months went by. After trying the samples you should have a pretty good idea how you like the line of product for your skin.

Winnie
JB

Winnie, are JB samples available for purchase? I would love to get a sample pack to try.

Tina
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, 5 day sample pack is available. I don't believe EDS is selling samples as yet. They include: AlphaDerma, Mineral Prep, Okusil, Cleansing Milk. You can get them at the following:

www.goldportbeauty.com

http://www.janson-beckett.com/store_fld/scripts/default.asp?idAff=126
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Yes, 5 day sample pack is available. I don't believe EDS is selling samples as yet. They include: AlphaDerma, Mineral Prep, Okusil, Cleansing Milk. You can get them at the following:

www.goldportbeauty.com

http://www.janson-beckett.com/store_fld/scripts/default.asp?idAff=126

Thanks so much, Winnie Very Happy
Jona
5% products discount

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend AlphaDerma for an all around product. It does fade scares. Their large pore ampules are great. My sister uses them. I don't know the Epidermx product but JBs Radiance Exfoliant is awesome. What I like about JB is that stand behind their products. If you have a problem they help you work it through. However, I believe their Mineral Prep is the foundation of these products. Even if you only got one JB product the Prep helps with any other product you use. Everything seems to work better using Mineral Prep.
Jona
5% products discount

Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:10 am      Reply with quote
tinamarie8 wrote:
Winnie wrote:
happygirl163 wrote:

Winnie
JB

Winnie, are JB samples available for purchase? I would love to get a sample pack to try.

Tina

My mother got the sample package from goldportbeauty.com. They are a a little cheaper then JB Website. 5 days would not be enough for me. But, at least you will note the difference in the feel of your skin.
Danielle Amber
5% products discount

Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:20 am      Reply with quote
In answer to cutevalleygirl's original question, especially concerning the cheek issues: Check out the new before and after pics on www.epidermx.com "s website...the before pics seem like some of what you described...

click on the before and after tab...

Good Luck!
-D

ps doesn't seem like you'll need it though, as you are being so well advised by your caring and very experienced peers here!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Phyto-C SuperHeal O-Live Lotion (30 g / 1 floz) StriVectin Repair & Protect Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Osea Ocean Lotion (180 ml / 6 floz)