Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS THIS NORMAL to have wrinkles at 30??!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:00 am      Reply with quote
I know someone who is 32, who has wrinkles around her eyes.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
There is a saying "no pain, no gain". You have to work on your skin religiously. Even at your age, you should be protecting your skin with sunscreen of at least 30 SPF. You can still improve on your skin by using proper skin-care creams for your age. EDS sells a lot of good skin care products and finding the right one is like a trial-and-error. You need to find one that is suited for your skin type. I suggest, not to overdo. Make sure that you moisturize your skin day/night.
littleb

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:16 am      Reply with quote
not really, if you taking good care of your skin and use a right product you won't get that much wrinkles. Wrinkles happens only when your skin too dry for a long period of time.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Not only to moisturize with right skincare products suitable for your skin type, but you also need a healthy lifestyle to go with it....

littleb wrote:
not really, if you taking good care of your skin and use a right product you won't get that much wrinkles. Wrinkles happens only when your skin too dry for a long period of time.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:25 am      Reply with quote
I would also invest in some good sunglasses that are polarized with optical quality brand name lenses.

I had a few cheaper pairs of sunglasses- like Nine West, Calvin Klein and other brand names.
One day I wore those in the winter and was outside 3 hours.
My eyes felt like they were sunburned and I had some "snow blindness"- when the sun can damage your eyes and you have problems seeing for a few days.

After that experience I went back to buying polarized sunglasses from authorized stores.
I usually buy Maui Jim, Smith,Oakley, Ray Ban and just picked up a new to me brand that is fashionable Shwood- sunglasses made of wood.
-the company does use brand name lenses and you can order polarized ones.
the glasses are custom made and around $200...

My stepfather actually makes fun of me for buying pricey sunglasses saying he can get 100 pairs at a dollar store for my one pair,lol.

I'd rather have the pair that will not give me eye problems.

Sunglasses also prevent wrinkles.
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
To be honest I think the demon here is both the sun damage and fraxel. I've heard nothing but horror stories with fraxel and development of numerous fine lines us a common report.

I'm one who also spent years getting burnt to a crisp as a child but i've had excellent results with softenng of lines and improvement in the suppleness of my skin with just rosehip oil and a tiny amount of carrot seed oil. Its not quick, but after 6 months of daily use I see a difference particularly with laugh lines. Its cheap enough and gentle enough that you could easily add this to your routine and see what happens over the longterm.

Just add 15 drops of the carrot seed oil to about 100mls of rosehip, mix and use as a serum
everyday. I apply it after cleansing my skin with cherry kernel oil and a warm damp microfibre cloth. It's a wonderful cleanser that doesn't leave an oil slick on our skin and removes every trace of makeup.

5% products discount

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
Antonia wrote:
I'd ditch the Cetaphil and the LaMer. Both are overly hyped and not that effective.

I couldn't agree more, esp. given how expensive LaMer is and how little proof we have that it actually does something.

Retin-A is the way to go Smile

All you need to do is look at the ingredients and see that it has the same cheap ingredients like a drug store cream.

I stopped using these nasty chemical concoctions 6 years ago.

The key to wrinkle control IMO is good moisturization which will improve your skin elasticity - AHAs will improve product penetration (I am a fan of glycolic acid). The rest is just selecting a good moisturizer - which will depend on your skin type. You may not need one if your skin is super oily.

And lastly, use gentle products, not detergents to clean your skin to void moisture loss.

I actually disagree with the sun paranoia that has pervaded the media in the last decade. You need sun exposure, especially through your eyes. No need to get burned though, burning is bad. I don't know where you live, but if it's a really sunny location, wear a hat to avoid burning yourself. I am not a fan of sunscreen as many chemicals in it actually harm you in the long run. Everything in moderation.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |